• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

76ers had all the luck tonight

volman

9 hours ago, dalamchops said:

stop making excuses, we couldn't even put up 100+ at home, that's pathetic.

It isn’t an excuse. Where is saying missed free throws is an excuse? 

So, I am either lying that these things did NOT happen or you’re totally wrong. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, volman said:

Curry with 11 points in the first 2 minutes of the second half…

Pretty sick of Seth lighting us up consistently from a mile away. Imagining the backyard shooting contests of Dell, Steph and Seth must have been all the stuff when they were kids and trying to show up good old Dell. 

• Like 2

Just now, capstone21 said:

It wasn’t luck … we played bad.  Both defenses were good … their offense was a little bit better (both were bad)

Yeah I agree it wasn't "luck".  Philly played with a hit-first mentality and, overall, the Hawks were slow to respond.

I do find it funny though that non-Hawks fans called our last 2 victories "lucky".  As if the Hawks' play had nothing to do with Philly melting.

The broadcast did a good job pointing out that our 2nd and 3rd scorers were both having terrible games.  Either of them shows up and this series is over.  Some of it was PHI's defense.  Some, imho, was guys not stepping up consistently.  That late turnover (travel) on Jollins where he should've just let the 3 fly, was him overthinking.  The close-out was late.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Look.  Philly has a bench filled with Guys who can replace Ben Simmons and cause them to win.   Our thing is to keep Simmons in the game.   He's not a three from outside.  He's not aggressive enough to be a threat inside.  He may give about 3 head turning plays for a big 6 points but he's less hell on our defense than any of those other guys who can step outside and hit threes.   It's great for us that he and Embiid work in the same space... as long as we close off the passing lane from Embiid. 

Whether it's luck or no luck... we did give them confidence.   The whole world is relying on us to go to Philly and Lay down.   However, if you check our records, we are road warriors.  Coming out of the half.. I want Philly's confidence in a jar labeled do not open.

I was thinking the same thing and Hubie actually said something on this too.  Having Simmons out there actually helps us.  A player like Maxey or Milton, who are willing to shoot, hurts us more than Simmons out there tryna pass and being deathly afraid to hoist it up.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I was thinking the same thing and Hubie actually said something on this too.  Having Simmons out there actually helps us.  A player like Maxey or Milton, who are willing to shoot, hurts us more than Simmons out there tryna pass and being deathly afraid to hoist it up.

Exactly.  In fact, Simmons being on the floor allows his man to cheat in on Embiid.  Especially if Simmons steps out to the three point line.   Give him that!!    

Another thing is that Embiid be tired.   Some people think that he shoots that outside shot and the fall away because he is so skilled.   NO... He does that because he's too tired to go on the blocks and use his extraordinary skill to get points.   It keeps Capela pushing him all game but I get excited when I see Embiid resorting to taking long jumpers.   It lets me know that fatigue is setting in.  ON the schedule that we've been on, his body hasn't had a chance to catch up.   I don't believe the Embiid right knee slight tear...  I think that was some kind of Psychology.   However, Embiid does seem to have fatigue issues.  Him lumbering up and down the court is wearing him down.   Game 4, he went to the lockerroom for oxygen.   The thing is oxygen doesn't help you longterm.   So.. yeah... we got a tired giant in Philly.  The thing to do is what we been doing... wear him down.  

Then...

Don't let Simmons get into foul trouble. 

Finally....

Can we do something about Dwight Howard PNR.  Every play it's Dwight Howard 2008 and he's trying the PNR.  Come on Nate. 

• Like 3

@Diesel is on a roll here.  In the 1st half, when Flopbiid is building up his numbers, he's going to the basket and appropriately bullying his matchup and his 3's come in rhythm.

By halftime, guy's gassed and it becomes a bad episode of Flip or Flop and he's falling away, doing the little rip-through and falling all over the place tryna get calls.  It's conduct unbecoming a "big" man.

• Like 4