• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I’m gonna miss Clint and the Euros (Gallo and Bogi)

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

No ring chasers please.

And no "first-whats-in-it-for-me players."

So, if you played really bad in HOU, and are widely suspected of doing so in order to get released so you can go on to your next team? That means you.

Or, if you watched games from a hotel room instead of being with your team on the bench when you were hurt? That means you.

Don't want you. We're doing this the right way, and with guys who aren't just about their own agendas.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thecampster said:

I know people here will crap on this but Cousins can be had for 1/4 of what we're paying Gallo. From a salary point of view, Boogie for 25 minutes a game backing up up Capella/Collins or as an emergency starter and playing next to OO would have been really nice against those big centers that gave us trouble. He's a ring chaser and we look a lot better today than we did 4 months ago.

Solo said that we needed an edge.

Boogie is like a whole guillotine blade.  The technical fouls would be flying everywhere between Trae and Boogie.  The Refs would hate the Hawks for real.

Having said that . . . Gallo's shooting > Boogie's "edge"

Gallo flat out saved this team with key 3 point baskets at times.  And of course, he makes the best defensive play of his life in Game 7 vs Philly.  This was easily one of my top 5 favorite moments in the playoffs.

Not against bringing Boogie on though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Going out on my limb to say, if you appear in this clip, you can pretty much conclude that you're considered part of the "core" for 2021-22.

"Yeah, but several aren't."

It's not that if you aren't, you aren't. It's just that if you are, you are.

And where this thread is concerned, then, BogBog's not going to be missed in 2021-22. (Any doubt about that is oblivious to how Schlenk talks about him in that presser.)

"Um. Hill, too?"

I wouldn't have thought so before. I've appreciated what he brought, but I considered his contribution to be too easily replaced, both in terms of the off the court stuff and certainly the on the court stuff.

Now, maybe I'm taking some extra latitude in the definition of "core" for the purposes of this post. He's not "core" in terms of how expendable he is and how critical he is to the team's 2021-22 fortunes. But I sense that he's regarded as having a guaranteed a place on the roster and a role for 2021-22. It just doesn't seem likely that Hill gets included in something like this when others could have been instead.

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

Going out on my limb to say, if you appear in this clip, you can pretty much conclude that you're considered part of the "core" for 2021-22.

"Yeah, but several aren't."

It's not that if you aren't, you aren't. It's just that if you are, you are.

And where this thread is concerned, then, BogBog's not going to be missed in 2021-22. (Any doubt about that is oblivious to how Schlenk talks about him in that presser.)

"Um. Hill, too?"

I wouldn't have thought so before. I've appreciated what he brought, but I considered his contribution to be too easily replaced, both in terms of the off the court stuff and certainly the on the court stuff.

Now, maybe I'm taking some extra latitude in the definition of "core" for the purposes of this post. He's not "core" in terms of how expendable he is and how critical he is to the team's 2021-22 fortunes. But I sense that he's regarded as guaranteed a place on the roster and a role for 2021-22. It just doesn't seem likely that Hill gets included in something like this when others could have been instead.

Cool video, but I don't think being part of the video means you're part of the core. It was probably put together by the Hawks social media department, I doubt Schlenk has anything up do with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Cool video, but I don't think being part of the video means you're part of the core. It was probably put together by the Hawks social media department, I doubt Schlenk has anything up do with it. 

Yeah, making those conclusions based off that video clip is a huge 

What Stretch Armstrong can teach us about trying to do too much

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Going out on my limb..............................................

...and/but I think things get around an office sometimes.

• Moderators
On 7/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, thecampster said:

I know people here will crap on this but Cousins can be had for 1/4 of what we're paying Gallo. From a salary point of view, Boogie for 25 minutes a game backing up up Capella/Collins or as an emergency starter and playing next to OO would have been really nice against those big centers that gave us trouble. He's a ring chaser and we look a lot better today than we did 4 months ago.

The one thing I like about the idea of Cousins is that his weaknesses line up very well with OO's strengths.  He has the size to hold his ground in the post and remains super productive on a per minute basis.  This season he put up 18.5 points per 36, 13.3 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.9 steals and blocks.  (That is reasonably close to his career per 36 of 23.7 points, 12.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 3.0 steals and blocks).  As a 5th big man who has a bit of a different presence on the floor with his strength, I would be excited (if surprised) to see it happen.

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

Give it another year. Maybe two. This roster at some point will be otherwise matured and strong enough in the intangibles department to withstand the arrival of a Rodman kind of personality.

But I'm persuaded you have to have Jordan and the others having already established the culture and expectations, otherwise you end up with just inviting drama and chaos imposing on the pursuit of success.

Trust me. I'm a Cowboys fan. I well remember the Jason Garrett era "Hey! Let's go get Greg Hardy to solve our pass rush concerns! We can get him for cheap!" talk. Ditto, Terrell Owens talk in the Parcells era. The price isn't just the salary itself. You also pay a drama and team morale tax, which can be far more expensive.

• Like 1