• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks had a one year window for a title

Spud2nique

2021-22 If we had to win a title, who joins Trae  

25 members have voted

1. 1. One guy to pair with Trae to win 2022 ring

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2021 at 10:25 PM

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Jokic

Capella

Huerter, Cam, Gallo, off the bench

How you telling me this team doesn't win the championship if healthy.

Oh $hit I didn’t even notice you runnin Jokie Dokie at the 4, wow. May lack some foot speed on defense to keep up with other 4’s but mismatch on the othe end as well as he could eat them alive down low.

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

To me a team with Embiid has to live with him taking 15 seconds to back guys down. 

At least he doesn’t take 12 seconds at the FT line! BADA BUMMMMM!!! 🪘 :banjo:

Here all week, tip you waitresses. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Spud Webb.

I’m bustin :laugh1:

That would be really fun on 2K or NBA jam. 

• Premium Member

Can

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I went with Jokic as well.  Can dominate a game by not scoring a ton.  Having him and Trae facilitate things would be amazing to see.

Yup. Needs to be a guy whose USG% isn't sky-high if we want them to play alongside Trae. That really leaves Jokic, Davis, and maybe Durant. Of those, Jokic is the one whose game best complements the other pieces we could conceivably keep around along with Trae.

• Moderators

I'm still not buying anyone but Durant and maybe Giannis.   Jokic's best skill is his passing which is also Trae's best skill.    AD would be a great fit with Trae but even in a total fantasy world i just assume he'll get hurt.   

Trae needs to be paired with a guy who is above average defensively.

So no to Llilard, Harden, Doncic, or Jokic.

If I have 1 shot to win it all, I need reliable guys who are not injury prone.

So, no to AD, Kawhi, or Embiid.

That leaves Durant, Giannis and Lebron. 

I think Lebron would love to have Trae next to him, but I don't like the fit considering they both excel at the same things. Neither are promising as off ball players.

Giannis, I love this except for one factor. He kills spacing and can't hit free throws. A tough pass but he would be my runner up.

That leaves KD as the last one standing. His game works well with Trae as he can play off the ball if needed, he also provides great spacing and length next to Trae.

1 chance to win it all, I take either of the three, but if you let me pick Im going with KD.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

No doubt but what happened when he joined?  Championship.   Would have been the same this year with the Nets if Harden and Kyrie hadn't gone down.   Durant was one toe from single handedly beating the team that's about to win it all.   

Durant has a fine case for him but saying that GS won a championship once he joined is not that argument.  They already won a championship without him.  That is like saying "once Dennis Rodman joined the Bulls what happened?  Championships."  Obviously Durant is a higher impact player but they won a ring without him and then lost in game 7 of the finals.  Obviously they were championship caliber without him so while his addition was impactful it didn't exactly change their status.  They just went from the front runners to even bigger front runners.

To me, the reasons for adding him are his MVP level talent, elite scoring, and demonstrated ability to deliver a huge impact without needing the ball in his hands.  That makes him an easy and impactful fit onto our existing roster and means he will work just fine in combination with Trae which I don't think can be said for all of these guys.  This year proved to me that he is "back."  So while I wouldn't take him for the long-term if I could have anyone, I would if it was a one-year window.