• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So is this what we look like?

Diesel

Reason for becoming a Hawk has changed and for the better.  Anyone disagree?

1- In the past, a player wishing to get playing time and showcase his talents, hoping a contending team would notice, elected to sign with Atlanta.

2- In the present, a player wishing to get playing time and have a great chance of going to the playoffs will now choose to sign with Atlanta.

😃

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

whatever you do don't play him in chess

Well, look at it this way. Playing him in chess would be like being married to Larry King. It'll be painful as hell but won't last that long...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Depth Chart as of right now?

Trae, Delon, Cooper, Mays

Bogi, Cam,

Huerter, Solo, Hunter (IL)

JC, Gallo, Jackson

CC, Deing, OO (IL)

Trae, Delon

Bogi, Huerter

Hunter, Reddish, Solo

JC, Gallo, Johnson

CC, Dieng, OO

That leaves 2 NBA roster spots to fill

I think 2 of the 3 gets Two-way contracts: Cooper, Mays, Knight.

With all the moves being made in free agency frenzy and all the trading going on, Atlanta has a few loose ends to tie up - Sign Lou W. and John C. - and we're finished - good to go!!

:smug:

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

how in the heck did shlenk use scraps to get delon wright? 

I'd like to reintroduce you to the Capela trade... Oh, and have you met the Lou Williams trade? surely you remember that one.. you know the move where we got rid of one of the scrubbiest scrubs to ever wear a Hawks jersey for Lou Will sprinkled with a couple of 2nd round picks on top? 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I like the roster we are building, we have depth and options for certain matchups. We have legit depth even beyond 10th man. Roster is really awesome. Dieng is a real good option with OO injured and injury risks on Gallo and Capela, I think he could end as a Big contributor this year.

I think our rotation with min distribution when everybody is healthy (Big When) may look like this until OO comes back.

Young (33)/Wright (15)/Cooper

Bogi (28)/Huerter (20)/Mays

Hunter (28)/Reddish (20)/Hill

Collins(33)/Gallo(20)/JJ

Capela(28)/Dieng(15)/OO

Minutes for 3rd unir will be hard to come but we are going to have injuries.

Main injury risks are

- Gallo and Capela, this will open more minutes for Dieng/Jalen Johnson.

- Reddish/Hunter/Bogi, this will open minutes for rookie Cooper, sliding Wright to SG and Jalen Johnson as SF.

If we stay relatively healthy it will really test the ego of the players on this team, as it's unlikely we see any starter average over 30mpg thus raw stats will be pretty low. I think it will help Trae and collins (presumeably of course) will have gotten paid, but I wonder how Bogi and Gallo will feel seeing their numbers take a dip when they are still playing for a contract down the line. Whether the Hawks can repeat the magic will hinge on if players can continue to buy into the Nate "fist". 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

If we stay relatively healthy it will really test the ego of the players on this team, as it's unlikely we see any starter average over 30mpg thus raw stats will be pretty low. I think it will help Trae and collins (presumeably of course) will have gotten paid, but I wonder how Bogi and Gallo will feel seeing their numbers take a dip when they are still playing for a contract down the line. Whether the Hawks can repeat the magic will hinge on if players can continue to buy into the Nate "fist". 

This depends on the coach.   I think Nate holds to a 9 man rotation.  So it's still possible that we see 30+ mpg from our starters. 

Right now, when we sign Lou and John, which team would you swap with?  All their players for all our players.  I know.  As Diesel has said, the "experts" name all the top teams in the east and ignore us.

If we could swap, would they still put us on ignore?  Possibly so.  They would find fault with the deal.

I see no one that is better than Atlanta.  I know I'm always optimistic.  Who would you swap with?  Why?

:smug:

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This depends on the coach.   I think Nate holds to a 9 man rotation.  So it's still possible that we see 30+ mpg from our starters. 

If it's strictly a 9 man rotation there will be quality players not seeing the floor, so the point stands, players who deserve more minutes will be forced to sacrifice minutes, productions, and essentially money... will they buy into it?