• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ryan Cameron will no longer be the PA announcer at Hawks' home games.

ATLHawks3

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nothing wrong with asking for a raise but we also don't know the specifics.  How did he ask?  How much of a raise did he ask for?  To me, in assessing the situation, those things matter.

Haven't watched but yalls descriptions make it sound like a one-sided hit piece they all know the Hawks won't respond to.

I think this is because a lot of us were disappointed when he was let go.  The details may very well make the Hawks out to be more reasonable but it also seems clear they never actually negotiated with him to offer him some amount more than he was making but less than he was asking for or gave him a chance to stay on at his current salary.  (Unless Cameron has been lying the whole time and he was the one who walked but that seems pretty unlikely.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think this is because a lot of us were disappointed when he was let go.  The details may very well make the Hawks out to be more reasonable but it also seems clear they never actually negotiated with him to offer him some amount more than he was making but less than he was asking for or gave him a chance to stay on at his current salary.  (Unless Cameron has been lying the whole time and he was the one who walked but that seems pretty unlikely.)

That's kinda what I'm getting at.  This is putting out a very one-sided version by a guy that's beloved by the fanbase.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

That's kinda what I'm getting at.  This is putting out a very one-sided version by a guy that's beloved by the fanbase.  

I don't argue that we are hearing his side primarily but if Cameron walked away from an offer then the Hawks lied about why the change was made.  That in and of itself would not be particularly noteworthy as neutral statements like "left to explore other possibilities" are routinely given but if they made an offer to Cameron, he asked for more money, and they said "sorry here is our offer you can take it or leave it" then it would seem from a PR perspective that it would have been easier to simply say that Cameron walked away from their offer rather than come up with a fictitious "vertical integration" explanation.

So either the Hawks came up with an unnecessary lie which Cameron has called them with his own lie and they have refused to correct the record to say that he walked away or he asked for more money and they decided to cut ties with him without making that final offer.  I tend to think the latter lines up with the facts better.  

Sounds to me like they shrugged their shoulders and moved on and he feels hurt about the parting going down like that after that many years.  Seems pretty realistic.  Voice talent in lots of industries is viewed as easily replaceable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't argue that we are hearing his side primarily but if Cameron walked away from an offer then the Hawks lied about why the change was made.  That in and of itself would not be particularly noteworthy as neutral statements like "left to explore other possibilities" are routinely given but if they made an offer to Cameron, he asked for more money, and they said "sorry here is our offer you can take it or leave it" then it would seem from a PR perspective that it would have been easier to simply say that Cameron walked away from their offer rather than come up with a fictitious "vertical integration" explanation.

So either the Hawks came up with an unnecessary lie which Cameron has called them with his own lie and they have refused to correct the record to say that he walked away or he asked for more money and they decided to cut ties with him without making that final offer.  I tend to think the latter lines up with the facts better.  

Sounds to me like they shrugged their shoulders and moved on and he feels hurt about the parting going down like that after that many years.  Seems pretty realistic.  Voice talent in lots of industries is viewed as easily replaceable.  

I was going to write a big ol' Wretched sized post on my feelings, but this is all of it right here.  There are too many politically correct ways to address this issue in the public.  Did we get anything at all from our front office?  The only thing I recall is being led to believe that this was about some kind of brand conflict.  Obviously there's a full story between the two sides, but this just sounds like money problems...which is an easy fix for all parties involved and, conversely, even easier to explain from the Hawks with an HONEST ~200 character press release.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

All fair.  I guess I just don't care that much about it in terms of painting the organization in some overly negative light. 

8 hours ago, Cwell said:

smh, is all I can do on this take. "Never count another mans pockets, because you can't count his problems"

It ain't counting his pockets if he brought it to the public. You serve it up for the masses, you looking for opinions.

• 1 year later...