• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Remember when everyone was saying last post-season, and for a month afterward...

sturt

• Premium Member

"Damn, we need some more beef on this roster... games we lost, we lost because we got brutalized."... ???

So here we are on the precipice of the trade deadline.

Is that still a priority... or did replacing Bruno with Dieng, and Nate Knight with Jalen Johnson, and seeing Big2O's continued maturity give you some confidence and satisfaction that won't be anything that gets said about us this post season?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

OO struggles with bigger centers especially for rebounds. I like Dieng for those throw a seven footer in there if needed that can also space the floor.

I'm honestly happy with this team as it is. Unless Morey is willing to do a reasonable deal for Ben Simmons I saw we keep the gang together. We need to give Wright an extension. I've been so used to the idea that Gallo will be traded before next season starts that now I'm wondering what can we offer him to stay here to finish his career.

He and Williams are drinking that youth elixir. They've been fantastic lately. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not sure I want to get so beefy as to have four centers, me.

And some might recall, I was one of those who took a polar opposite view.... that beefing up was not consistent with how we're wired to play in the first place. It's like, to me, seeing the old Redskins "hogs" run over a "west coast" offense, and claiming you need to be able to get yourself a John Riggins and some better run-block lineman... no, don't be mixing things, trying to be all things to all situations.... choose the framework for your offense, and just be really really good at what you do.

That said, I'm on record as lusting for a Thad Young buyout, and subsequent Schlenk pouncing and signing him to come home... well second "home" anyway.

I do think that 3rd column of the depth chart, you only do yourself good to insert some 30+ year-old depth for the playoffs, as long as they're players with some tread on the tire, and are good-to-very-good defenders and good ball distributors on the other end.