• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks 2021-22 Off-Season Plans

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:huh: you zidn’t zee me ahhh? :aaa: 

And I hate to ask this but what was I crying about I cry a lot. :indifferent: :fie: :cray2:

I’m .. im fine.

I may or may not have suggested trading OO but let's forget about that.  Last time I did that, he went beast-mode for a couple games so let's hope history repeats itself.  One of those games was vs MIL too so let's see if my reverse-jinx game is still on swole.

Actually let's hope Giannis isn't as vindictive as Trae.  I remember, after that MIL game, folks (non-hawk fans) recognized how well OO played against Giannis.  Similarly, folks were all gaga over how well that Ayo (CHI) kid played against Trae.

Well we all know Trae took that to heart and torched the kid in our next game vs CHI.  Hoping Giannis didn't take notes. 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I may or may not have suggested trading OO but let's forget about that.  Last time I did that, he went beast-mode for a couple games so let's hope history repeats itself.  One of those games was vs MIL too so let's see if my reverse-jinx game is still on swole.

Actually let's hope Giannis isn't as vindictive as Trae.  I remember, after that MIL game, folks (non-hawk fans) recognized how well OO played against Giannis.  Similarly, folks were all gaga over how well that Ayo (CHI) kid played against Trae.

Well we all know Trae took that to heart and torched the kid in our next game vs CHI.  Hoping Giannis didn't take notes. 😬

Okongwu is literally the only player outside of Trae, that we shouldn't trade.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks have young players that play on their G League team.  They come up to the big team but then never play.  Hawks have several draft picks, first and second round, in the next several years.

Do away with the Skyhawks.  It's apparent that they can't develop young players.  Trade all these young players and all these draft picks away.  If they can't be used, then they are useless.

Trade, release or retire Dieng, Huerter, Knox, Cabarrot, Williams, Gallinari and Bogie.  

Don't let Travis do any of this.  Only Nate knows who he will allow on the floor, therefore he must decide everything.  Any questions?  Refer them to Nate.

🕵️‍♂️

I love the gleague and this is really year 1 of it being serious so I think we should give it time.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I've just never seen guys like Barnes, Tobias Harris, Thaddeus Young, etc. ever be anything more than plus starters and 3rd/4th usage guys on good teams.  The impact isn't there which is why anytime they are the best guy on a team that team is trolling the lottery.

I think you also made a key point about there being a lot of overlap between the role that Barnes would play on offense and the role that JC is already filling.

There's no hard on for Barnes... I just want better three point shooters than what we have and better scorers than what we have at wing positions. I have also considered Brandon Ingram but at this point I think he fits with their future.   They have become a team that may be just one player away. 

The problem we have is that we have a lot of value and valuable pieces but the idea of trading is hard because of the fit and the need that we have.

IMO... What we need is a guy who can play the 2-3 and hit the wide open three at better than 38%.  That guy would also have to be a good defender (a great defender would be even better).   It seems as though those type of 3&D players have disappeared from the face of the earth.   IN a perfect world, Hunter would be that guy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's no hard on for Barnes... I just want better three point shooters than what we have and better scorers than what we have at wing positions. I have also considered Brandon Ingram but at this point I think he fits with their future.   They have become a team that may be just one player away. 

The problem we have is that we have a lot of value and valuable pieces but the idea of trading is hard because of the fit and the need that we have.

IMO... What we need is a guy who can play the 2-3 and hit the wide open three at better than 38%.  That guy would also have to be a good defender (a great defender would be even better).   It seems as though those type of 3&D players have disappeared from the face of the earth.   IN a perfect world, Hunter would be that guy. 

Barnes is not a wing anymore than JC

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I may or may not have suggested trading OO but let's forget about that. 

Forget about wut? :dance:

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ayo (CHI) kid played against Trae.

Did you just make a OO defending the Freak comparison, a freakin 5 star ⭐️ recruit from Chino Hills, the KEY to the cog (f!ck the Ball bros. :angry2:) to some kid from Illinois, some 2 bit hack wannabe Kris Dunn trying to check Trae in Chicago?

Who hacked your account? I wanna know. Mrs. Kg, is that you? If so, you have a wonderful husband he keeps us kickin here at squawk but he couldn’t have made a more harsh stabbing in the chest to Spud comparison of this. I’m saddened and a bit hurt. 

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Amen. The way the dude slips and ducks in for a layup, that ain’t your regular big, that’s a prototypical future type fast hybrid big. 

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Forget about wut? :dance:

Did you just make a OO defending the Freak comparison, a freakin 5 star ⭐️ recruit from Chino Hills, the KEY to the cog (f!ck the Ball bros. :angry2:) to some kid from Illinois, some 2 bit hack wannabe Kris Dunn trying to check Trae in Chicago?

Who hacked your account? I wanna know. Mrs. Kg, is that you? If so, you have a wonderful husband he keeps us kickin here at squawk but he couldn’t have made a more harsh stabbing in the chest to Spud comparison of this. I’m saddened and a bit hurt. 

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4796bjxnuyxwp4e3sq9

Spoiler

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rxppnoh2ghghx2wicl

Kidding, kidding.  I couldn't resist.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

agreed.    I would trade the rest of them without hesitation if the deal was right.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OO/Hunter for Barnes...No.

2 1st for Barnes - Nope

Barnes in general - hell naah

Westbrook - Hellz Naaaaaw.

At least he is earning his salary for once this year.  What are the odds the team paying him next year is happy to pay his $20M?  I put it around 50/50 which is actually a big vote of confidence compared to what I would have said two years ago.

• Thanks 1

OO/Hunter for Barnes...No.

2 1st for Barnes - Nope

Barnes in general - hell naah

Westbrook - Hellz Naaaaaw.

How bout Barnes (Harry) for a bu… buuuuu… buuuuuu

BAG O’ Chips :dance:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

agreed.    I would trade the rest of them without hesitation if the deal was right.

Ya but you also thought that yellow hat looked good on you. :indifferent: 

(Not on this particular subject here in general).

Shakes I’m not gonna lie, that hat wasn’t your best look. You’re better than that.

• Haha 1

We should do what I wanted last off season and take a flyer on Malik Monk....a bucket getter off the bench.

My gf wouldn’t like that. Lol.

I yell Maliiiiiiiiikkkkk MUUUUUNNNKKKKKKKKK THAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEE333333 on 2K playing the Lakers. 

I’ve said it quit a bit, you may be onto something here Bird. :cheer:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

At least he is earning his salary for once this year.  What are the odds the team paying him next year is happy to pay his $20M?  I put it around 50/50 which is actually a big vote of confidence compared to what I would have said two years ago.

Next year, salary drops to 18 Million. 

GS had a fancy contract there. 

Priority should be to add a 2nd scorer, preferably a C. If Ayton is available we should go all in.

However the Siakam issue got me thinking, which duo is better? Siakam/Capela or Colins/Ayton…. Tough for me.

The other trade should be Bogi or Huerter, they are really redundant, we should trade one of them for a big SG that can defend.

At Backup PG I lime Delon, Cooper should push him. 

After that a wing from the draft and a wing free agent.