• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Capela..

willthepureshooter

When they ship him out of town, I'm going to be right there at the airport to send him off! I'm sick of him closing out late on rotations, missing bunnies at the rim, and not getting in defensive effort when challenging drives!! He got paid and now he's cruising along. I don't care about his stats this game tonight! I literally watched every Hornet player drive to the basket without any fear and that's a big problem! 

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

you can't also consistently fail to close out on shooters.  That's our defense(sic).

This is glaring. The mitten gave full effort a lot though, he’s one great close out.

I love what Capela has done for us as well. Having said that, I’m not opposed to flipping him this off-season and letting Okongwu run the show.

2D9AC09B-6ABB-4ED8-99ED-3122291F5EBC.jpeg

Ps Scary Terry missed that one.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is glaring. The mitten gave full effort a lot though, he’s one great close out.

I love what Capela has done for us as well. Having said that, I’m not opposed to flipping him this off-season and letting Okongwu run the show.

Ps Scary Terry missed that one.

I feel like the Mitt played a good floor game overall.  Unfortunately, we needed his scoring more than we needed those other things.  If everybody else had shown up, that's a W.

Our team is so perplexing.  On paper, we have a good mix.  On the actual court, too many pieces are duds on random nights.  There's no rhyme or reason to it, which is why I empathize with McMillan (to a degree).

Oh and did you listen to Kamla on Monday (iirc)?  They were talking 'why did the hawks disappoint'.  Said the typical stuff but settled on the poor defense.  Kamla said stte, "And what happened to blaming it all on Reddish?  How does that look now?"

Went on to say that he still has Hawks 'sources' from his days in Atlanta and ....

Then the other guy cut him off to talk about something else.  He never got back to explain what he was about to say.  From the tone, it seemed clear he was about to say all the stuff that came out post-trade was wrong or unfair or something like that.

I was so mad.  We're left to speculate.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I feel like the Mitt played a good floor game overall.  Unfortunately, we needed his scoring more than we needed those other things.  If everybody else had shown up, that's a W.

Our team is so perplexing.  On paper, we have a good mix.  On the actual court, too many pieces are duds on random nights.  There's no rhyme or reason to it, which is why I empathize with McMillan (to a degree).

Oh and did you listen to Kamla on Monday (iirc)?  They were talking 'why did the hawks disappoint'.  Said the typical stuff but settled on the poor defense.  Kamla said stte, "And what happened to blaming it all on Reddish?  How does that look now?"

Went on to say that he still has Hawks 'sources' from his days in Atlanta and ....

Then the other guy cut him off to talk about something else.  He never got back to explain what he was about to say.  From the tone, it seemed clear he was about to say all the stuff that came out post-trade was wrong or unfair or something like that.

you need to call in to the show and have him finish his thought...or does that fall to @Spud2nique

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Even if we have been inconsistent... it doesn't change the fact that Reddish was a problem. 

Right now our biggest problem is still injury. 

JC, Gallo, and a hobbled Trae are needed for us to win.  Honestly, we haven't had a healthy JC in 2 months.   And the Wrecking Crew in Charlotte hurts somebody everytime we play.  We need healthy guys. 

I dont know what's going on with Bogi.. but he need to get his s--- together. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kamla said stte, "And what happened to blaming it all on Reddish?  How does that look now?"

Kam’s my guy but WHAT? Like what does Cam wanting to have a bigger role do with this? Nah, $hit bigger than Cam. 

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hawks 'sources'

Soth please tell Kam to 🤫 

I’m calling in! :angry2:

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

you need to call in to the show and have him finish his thought...or does that fall to @Spud2nique

I literally typed that 2 seconds before I saw this 😂 

I better eat something first.. :sarcastic:

• Haha 2

I always liked Clint as a dude but I never expect too much of him he’s just so limited.  You generally want to stay away from players who can’t dribble, pass, nor shoot lol.  His offensive metrics are way overrated due to his offensive rebounding and his first 2:1 assist to turnover ratio after years of being upside down, even though the quantity isn’t even worth mention.

I didn’t have an issue with the extension but now the length is looking pretty bad.  Schlenk needed Alex Anthopoulus to project his decline like he just did with Freddie Freeman.  Field goal percentage way below his career average and working on the worst defensive rating of his career.  Screens don’t seem as solid.  Injuries catching up to him fast.

OO’s mobility and FT shooting is waaaay more than enough to bring their minutes even at 24 apiece.  Let alone his berserker-type energy and synergy with Lou.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

0017 played very little last season.  He got no work in between seasons because of recovery time from injury.  He is, for the most part, still a rookie and in the learning process.  He continues to get rookie defensive calls and has way too many foul calls.

0017 is not ready to be "the man" as the starting center.  He's still growing and many things are still to be added to his game.  With all this being said, he is so good!  He's learning.  He does terrific things now and excites all of us.  It's only going to get better and better.

🥰

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Nate McMillan joked that he knew Clint Capela was back to feeling 100 percent healthy late in the Memphis game a little over a week ago. With the game practically wrapped up, Capela sprinted down the floor in transition with the ball in his hands — something he almost never does — and attempted a behind-the-back dribble move that was called for traveling.

“He’s feeling so good that he decided to take it down the court and tried a crossover. I think I almost blew a gasket over that,” McMillan said as he smiled. “That was a sign that he’s feeling better.”

McMillan said he feels like the Hawks’ center is looking like last season’s version of himself when he was a Defensive Player of the Year candidate and one of the main reasons Atlanta was one of the best teams in the second half of last season. This season, it’s been a gradual build to get to that level.

Capela entered his second season with the Hawks limited because of an offseason procedure on his Achilles for lingering soreness. It was clear at the beginning of this season that he was nowhere near the Capela we saw last season because he looked a few steps slow and wasn’t able to keep up when teams got him switched onto a quick guard.

“He’s looking like the Clint of old with the things he was doing for us last year, like guarding out on the perimeter, rebounding the basketball,” McMillan said. “There are times where he has to switch onto the ball, and he’s done a good job of keeping the ball in front of him. That’s the Clint we saw last season.”

Capela isn’t having the same impact he had defensively last season mainly because the Hawks, as a whole, have been terrible defensively. But if you’ve watched closely over the past several weeks, it’s not because of Capela. The pressure on him to guard the rim this season has grown exponentially because of how poor the perimeter defense has been.

• Thanks 1