• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've come to accept 

Trae

LaVine

Hunter

Okongwu

Ayton

Okongwu should cover for some of Ayton's blemishes on defense and Okongwu and Ayton can work well together especially if OO improves that range. 

The idea of 

Trae

LaVine

Hunter

Randle

Capela

Screams too many cooks in the kitchen for me. With Trae/LaVine/Ayton. It's clear of the offensive pecking order and Okongwu knows he's our Horace Grant and Hunter knows he's our Bruce Bowen who's more capable of course. 

With the other way around, Capela is still gonna be spammed as that's how Trae gets going and Randle's screens are ass and he's more of an iso guy and I can see a lot of crying about usage and touches and with that crappy contract, I can see it all blowing up in TS/LF faces.

Stick to your OG plan. Get LaVine and Ayton. Keep Kevin, Hunter, Okongwu, JJ, and Coop. Keep 16th. And just keep building from there. 

Eason at 16...Duren or Williams would be nice. But Eason could realistically be there.. Maybe? lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've come to accept 

Trae

LaVine

Hunter

Okongwu

Ayton

Okongwu should cover for some of Ayton's blemishes on defense and Okongwu and Ayton can work well together especially if OO improves that range. 

The idea of 

Trae

LaVine

Hunter

Randle

Capela

Screams too many cooks in the kitchen for me. With Trae/LaVine/Ayton. It's clear of the offensive pecking order and Okongwu knows he's our Horace Grant and Hunter knows he's our Bruce Bowen who's more capable of course. 

With the other way around, Capela is still gonna be spammed as that's how Trae gets going and Randle's screens are ass and he's more of an iso guy and I can see a lot of crying about usage and touches and with that crappy contract, I can see it all blowing up in TS/LF faces.

Stick to your OG plan. Get LaVine and Ayton. Keep Kevin, Hunter, Okongwu, JJ, and Coop. Keep 16th. And just keep building from there. 

1st of all, we are not getting Lavine but a bench with

D. Wright

Bogi

Jalen Johnson

Julius Randle

Okungwu

Ain't half bad

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1st of all, we are not getting Lavine but a bench with

D. Wright

Bogi

Jalen Johnson

Julius Randle

Okungwu

Ain't half bad

I cant see Bogi coming back in a backup role......He wants to start.. He signed here to start.. But who knows...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

I cant see Bogi coming back in a backup role......He wants to start.. He signed here to start.. 

He has no choice.  he is under contract!  Plus he was over used which is why he gets injured so much.  he will be better off coming off the bench

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He has no choice.  he is under contract!  Plus he was over used which is why he gets injured so much.  he will be better off coming off the bench

We dont need any disgruntled players on the team next season.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

I cant see Bogi coming back in a backup role......He wants to start.. He signed here to start.. But who knows...

Bogi will likely have to go in a LaVine SnT. Atlanta can't do that trade with JC alone. His salary just isn't close to 36.6 mil. With Bogi, they combine at 41,500,000 which is close to 5 million more than LaVine's deal. Bogi does have a trade kicker but he can waive it if he likes the situation he's going to. He would start with the Bulls

Ball (health) or Caruso 

Bogi

DD

JC

Vucci Mane

but they would be really really close to the LT line. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Bogi will likely have to go in a LaVine SnT. Atlanta can't do that trade with JC alone. His salary just isn't close to 36.6 mil. With Bogi, they combine at 41,500,000 which is close to 5 million more than LaVine's deal. Bogi does have a trade kicker but he can waive it if he likes the situation he's going to. He would start with the Bulls

Ball (health) or Caruso 

Bogi

DD

JC

Vucci Mane

but they would be really really close to the LT line. 

I'm sorry Supes but Lavine ain't happening in Atlanta plus the guy is an injury risk just like Bogi...I predict his play to start to deteriorate fairly quickly over the next few years.

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He was coming off the bench this past year...Y'all love to create a fake crisis! LOL!

Word is he wasnt happy about it.. Thats all Im saying..

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm sorry Supes but Lavine ain't happening in Atlanta plus the guy is an injury risk just like Bogi...I predict his play to start to deteriorate fairly quickly over the next few years.

That's not my call or yours. That's TS and LF as well as TR who's over them who wants significant upgrades if he's going to pay the LT which he wants to do. 

Just now, terrell said:

Word is he wasnt happy about it.. Thats all Im saying..

Chicago would make a lot of sense for Bogi and JC. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's not my call or yours. That's TS and LF as well as TR who's over them who wants significant upgrades if he's going to pay the LT which he wants to do. 

Chicago would make a lot of sense for Bogi and JC. 

Prediction...Zack Lavine will not make this team a contender...Only a treadmill team

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Prediction...Zack Lavine will not make this team a contender...Only a treadmill team

We already are a treadmill team, so what you saying is this trade likely doesn't make us better. I would have to agree but if you do this trade plus Ayton. I think that does improve Atlanta a lot. That means you gotta sellout for Trae/Ayton PnR but that leaves LaVine free to cook and others with wide open shots and dunks. But yeah, Okongwu/Capela probably won't work offensively. Capela just too limited outside of the PnR. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We already are a treadmill team, so what you saying is this trade likely doesn't make us better.

You sure about that?  Right now we have the flexibility to add to the team.  Once we commit to high salaries, the team will have no more flexibility especially with 2 max players and now you are talking about a 3rd??  Sounds like the Brooklyn nets to me

• Premium Member

Zach Lavine has had only 1 season where his ORTGs exceeded his DRTGs and that was last year 115/114.  Every other year of his career he has been under water including this past season.

Can you name me another max player with this distinction???

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

🤢.

This sudden love affair with Randle is 'exceptional' 

I'll pass on this.

I would too if we had to give up picks core players etc.

All we have to do is give up Gallo. That’s an absolute no brainer man.

It’s comical that we are even debating this!

A draftday trade of Gallo and two 2nds for Kenrich Williams, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and Theo Maledon

Gives us 

Trae/Coop/Maledon

Kev or Bogi/Mays

Hunter/Williams/???

JC/JJ/JRE

Capela/OO/???

and a 14,475,000 TPE. 

This also means we are 10,685,493 under the LT. 

A Lavine trade for JC/Bogi would give us estimated 5 million which means we are about 15 under the LT

But an Ayton SnT trade where we can add other teams vet non-guaranteed mins to Capela will cost us 11 million. 

This means, we could get Ayton and LaVine and still be under the LT by 4 million which can be used to resign Cooper (1.5).

The issue is, 16th will cost us 3.8 mil. We would have to be crafty to get that deal done. So it's unlikely we avoid the LT but we can barely pay it which could be a big advantage for TR. 44th doesn't have a cap value assigned. This might be a smart time to only sign 14 players and get two two-way deals signed. 

Okongwu can play both 4 and 5 as can JJ in spurts. JRE played the 5 for OKC. So it gives us some flexibility in looking for a 5. Based on our open spots even after an fake Gallo trade, we still have so many open spots at the end of the rotation and limited funds to address it. 

Trae/Coop/Maledon

LaVine/Kev/???

Hunter/Williams/???

Okongwu/JJ/???

Ayton/JRE/???

Edited by NBASupes