• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A question about where we are exactly as an organization

Wurider05

Trae is a legit superstar. With that being said, as I read these rumors about trading for lottery picks, I have to ask are we not past the point where we are counting on lottery picks to come and get us over the hump? Shouldn't we  be looking exclusively at established/proven NBA players?  We are no better than the Orlando Magics, OKC's of the world if this is where we are today. We got a coach who doesn't play young guys so what is the point?

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Trae is a legit superstar. With that being said, as I read these rumors about trading for lottery picks, I have to ask are we not past the point where we are counting on lottery picks to come and get us over the hump? Shouldn't we  be looking exclusively at established/proven NBA players?  We are no better than the Orlando Magics, OKC's of the world if this is where we are today. We got a coach who doesn't play young guys so what is the point?

I'm all in on drafting Jalen Johnson.

Atlanta Hawks Rookie in BET Docuseries 'Klutch Academy' - Sports  Illustrated Atlanta Hawks News, Analysis and More

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Fkng right, Wu!  School these people.

Folks got drunk off the tank we did to get Trae.  They can't let go of the thrill that comes from hope-wishing we can trade Collins for a guy who might be as good as Collins in 3-4 years.

Meanwhile, in those 3-4 years, Trae gets frustrated and moves on so they can start the whole thing over again.  It's clinical insanity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I believe that the FO or maybe Schlenk wants to find Traes all star partner badly this off season so even if we need to revisit the lottery he’s willing to do it and who knows Schlenk may force Nate’s hand to start the high draft pick.

The good news is that the team has shown very high interest in Ayton who’s an established player but hasn’t really gotten a chance to show he has all star level talent.

I believe if we trade to get a lottery pick McMillan won’t have a choice but to start him or play him really good minutes . 

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Unless we're trading said lottery pick for an established player doesn't make much sense to me if the idea is to make a deep playoff run.

Not saying rookies won't/can't contribute...they can contribute to your roster I just don't see them as adequately replacing a starter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unless we're trading said lottery pick for an established player doesn't make much sense to me if the idea is to make a deep playoff run.

Not saying rookies won't/can't contribute...they can contribute to your roster I just don't see them as adequately replacing a starter.

Bbbbut, in 6-7 years they might be could be would be ......

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I  think that there's a delicate balance.  First find your 2nd Star vet.  Then make sure you keep drafted capital.  The bigger problem we have is with finding and obtaining that 2nd Star vet.

Here's a for instance..

If we were able to trade Cap and future picks for Ayton...

The very next thing that happens is that OO becomes a trading chip for a star wing...  This receives eye rolls from Squawkers who want to believe that we're still in the devlopment game and that we should keep OO as a Bench Center.  No...  If we have Ayton, OO becomes high trade value that we can use along with Bogi or Kev to get a Star 2...   We're in the Endgame.

• Thanks 1