• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Finals Talk

hylndr11

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

OK.  I'm curious so gonna ask.  What has Steph ever done to warrant being hated?  Or do you just hate GSW but not him in particular?  

Honestly, that hate starter early for me. Been hating the Warriors since 87 or so but went through patches of liking some of their players like Mitch Richmond etc.

Hated the Giants of baseball since 87, that collection of Will Clark, Matt Williams and Robby Thompson was hated heavily by me.

The Niners, hate hate hate.

I like the A’s. I dig everything about them from the low budget smarts to the cool fans.

Raiders I didn’t mind either, they were real. Niners fans are a bunch of yuppies that enjoy garlic fries (so do I but ..)

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Can we move the finals talk to a different thread ... we don't have to have EVERY conversation in the same thread

Yup.

I had a flight ✈️ to the Bay Area yesterday and worked this on the plane. Before you judge me, I have 3 non Hawk jerseys overall, KG wolves (gf bought 2001 in Minny) (celts antoine sister bought in Boston 99) and Isaiah Rider wolves I bought in 93).

I wanted funk lol but just got some quiet Scrub fans not wanting any of the heat I wanted to bring. 😂 wussies. If you gonna talk on message boards then where the true fans with the mouths 👄? Everybody gets real quiet 🤫 when it’s up close and personal though huh? 

Ok BULL$hit finals over. Rant over!

ps The jersey below will not be auctioned off or burned. :nyd: #employee#8 #toineshimmy #shimmydance 💃 

FA0CC720-0006-47FF-A38A-4684F1107622.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

That is a sweet Twon jersey, Spud!  Back from the era where the Celtics were being turned into UK north.  Still didn't like the team but was rooting for 2/3 of their roster (Walker, Mercer, McCarty and Kenny Anderson who I rooted for from the LW3 team).

• Thanks 1

Just now, AHF said:

Walker, Mercer, McCarty and Kenny Anderson who I rooted for from the LW3 team).

Yup I think 96-99 they collected Wildcats galore. I liked Ron Mercer a lot back then. Walter Mc was the ultimate lengthy bench guy you want too.

Thanks, again sis got me jersey when visiting Boston. It looks weird hanging up in the closet next to 20 Hawk jersey and Isaiah rider and KG (wolves)ones.

They gave the Nets a run for sure. Pistons had a really good series with Boston too I forget which year. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Did Oaktown wrong..

Gentrified bunch now huh. 

Nate Thurmond.. Al Attles.. rolling in their graves.

There is no parade component listed for Oakland, the home of the Warriors from 1971 to 2019.

Damn that’s cold.  At least the Braves’ convoy drag raced through Atlanta lol.  

It’s crazy how much weaker that cosmopolitan San Fran crowd is at home games compared to when they used to track the decibel level, always over 100 in Oakland.  Klay had to call them out numerous times and they’re still mediocre.

I can’t fault ownership for going after more revenue, especially when the franchise seems to still support the Oakland community a great deal.  No way in hell The Core stays in tact without it, made the luxury tax much less painful.  Just a raw pill to swallow.

Edited by benhillboy

33 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

especially when the franchise seems to still support the Oakland community a great deal.

you’re adorable. No my friend, that’s incorrect. Very very incorrect. If you want I can get some Oakland friends and they will share some insight for you about this. 

If not, then Santa 🎅 exists. And @kg01 has lovely properties in the West Indies.. send money first and we sell you good. :huh:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

you’re adorable. No my friend, that’s incorrect. Very very incorrect. If you want I can get some Oakland friends and they will share some insight for you about this. 

If not, then Santa 🎅 exists. And @kg01 has lovely properties in the West Indies.. send money first and we sell you good. :huh:

Don't blame @benhillboy, who I affectionately call 'Benhi'.  He's just falling for the warrior propaganda.  In reality, they stiffed Oakland for some significant dollars iiuc.  Some surface-level "community" stuff doesn't offset that.

No need to go back2forth on it tho, Benhi.  I dont wanna see Finals talk morph onto Knife Talk.  We're all on the same side now that the heet didn't winitall. 😁

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't blame @benhillboy, who I affectionately call 'Benhi'.  He's just falling for the warrior propaganda.  In reality, they stiffed Oakland for some significant dollars iiuc.  Some surface-level "community" stuff doesn't offset that.

No need to go back2forth on it tho, Benhi.  I dont wanna see Finals talk morph onto Knife Talk.  We're all on the same side now that the heet didn't winitall. 😁

Definitely agree we are all on the same side. With the exception of one love muggin scrubs closet fan. :party: 

What? I’m not gonna hit back? :boxing:

I will say one thing though, whenever the scrubs do well, coincidentally I’m in the best shape of my life 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I volunteered there for 2 thanksgivings handing out food to the homeless. Didn’t see Lacob out there.

Well I retort you would know more than me.  Last I saw/ heard Steph still has close ties with his foundation for kids there.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:43 PM, Spud2nique said:

No definitely 2 (KD) and this year, easy ride with a broken Nuggs, broken Morantless Grizz and lucky Mavs team.

Warriors won with 70% Klay, a 22 yr old Poole, and brick shooting draymond, Kevon looney. 

Grizz won a lot of games this season without morant. Nuggets have superstar mvp. Mavs have 2nd best player in the league. All teams who made the playoffs in a better Western conference. 

Warriors deserve that one. They played hard 

• Like 1