• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Just now, marco102 said:

He has not, but that's because he's been on a tanking team. 

That's like the Devin Booker debate.  Anyone with eyes could see how talented he was, but because he was surrounded by scrubs, they said he was empty stats.  Got him in the playoffs and he went off. 

What Murray brings generally doesn't break down in the playoffs.  His scoring may flounder, but that playmaking and defense will be there and those are the type of players you need with Trae Young.

He's not as good as Book even at the same phase but I get your point. He's emerging

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This and his rebounding for his size is impressive: 5.8, 7.1 and 8.3 the last 3 years.

That's a major positive about him. That basically helps Hunter a lot. He does more for Hunter than Trae if we are being honest

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TRW said:

I'm still skeptical about this trade because we still haven't heard anything from Woj. or Shams so if this deal is truly legit I would be willing to give up J.C., OO, and at least 2 firsts, maybe 3. Murray is the best fit for our team and sometimes you have to overpay to get what you need. Sometimes IMO we get too attached to certain players but we have to face this fact: It's all about getting that chip. Trae is our Superstar and we have to put the best pieces around him that will give him and us success.

I have been banging the Murray drum for 2 years, but this is excessive.  I understand the cost savings we are getting to facilitate other possible moves but it should still be looked at as what is Murray's value.  We aren't 'dumping' bad salary.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I hear a lot of squawkers Balking at the thought of losing OO in this trade. 

A minute ago, we didn't know how to define OO's position. 

I think what some are failing to see is that Murray is a 2 way player who has All NBA talent and is proven.   That's why the ask is so high. 

Also, San Antonio put his name out there for a reason.  To get good offers.   Don't think that JC + Picks is the best offer that they can get.   NY would send them the whole world.  I'm talking Randle, Cam + Picks.   I'm sure that Most teams have an offer that they would send.. even a team like Boston. 

So  let's not balk too hard. 

Some Knick insiders(similar to supes and other here)claiming they’re focused on Ivey!

IQ,Reddish,11 and 3 future 1sts is the deal they have for 4!

I don’t think their interested in Murray!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well then we should ship him off and tank since he is so terrible. 

We've done enough tanking to last more than a lifetime.  We need to make the entire draft random so that tanking  no longer exists.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's not as good as Book even at the same phase but I get your point. He's emerging

My point wasn't that he was good as Book. He's better than Book defensively regardless of his smaller stature and offensively, he's not in the same stratosphere as Book, but doesn't has to be because we need him in a secondary creation role.

And you're agreeing with me so no idea why I'm acting like you're not. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

We've done enough tanking to last more than a lifetime.  We need to make the entire draft random so that tanking  no longer exists.

Point was you were just being negative to be negative. 

Trae has taken us further than any other star in ATLANTA Hawks history and you talking about he won't share the ball.  When all he does is gets his teammates the best looks in the game.

That's asinine. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Dean Walker said:

These values are all over the place and excessively so.

Hawks traded #8, #16 and a fake 1st (Cavs 2 2nds) and took $12 million in bad salary to move up to #4 to grab Hunter.

This is nuts - but it's the Nix.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My point wasn't that he was good as Book. He's better than Book defensively regardless of his smaller stature and offensively, he's not in the same stratosphere as Book, but doesn't has to be because we need him in a secondary creation role.

And you're agreeing with me so no idea why I'm acting like you're not. 😂

We see eye to eye but we just disagree on some minor details is all

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These values are all over the place and excessively so.

Hawks traded #8, #16 and a fake 1st (Cavs 2 2nds) and took $12 million in bad salary to move up to #4 to grab Hunter.

This is nuts - but it's the Nix.

The Knicks are nuts. LMAO 

That said, Jaden Ivey on a rookie deal is extremely attractive. 4 years plus 5. That's nine years of control. It's a lot but you can justify it

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

Point was you were just being negative to be negative. 

Trae has taken us further than any other star in ATLANTA Hawks history and you talking about he won't share the ball.  When all he does is gets his teammates the best looks in the game.

That's asinine. 

The point is that he dominates the ball.  He has to be the one making the pass for the assist.  Not someone else.  Get it?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Again, Murray is a good player, but  he aint no superstar.  The price we are paying is what you'd pay for a superstar.  Besides, in 2 years, his contract will be up, and I'll believe the "we're willing to go into the luxury tax" stuff when I see it.  So in all likelihood, he walks.  If Murray was that great, and on a low price contract, why would San Antonio be looking to unload him?

Who knows why he is available? Who cares? Pop likes true pg's, and I hear they had words.. Murray wants to win... Hell he just drafted Primo...

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Beal is not a good fit with Trae.

At all.....Yikes..

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

The point is that he dominates the ball.  He has to be the one making the pass for the assist.  Not someone else.  Get it?

If someone else was capable maybe he would? Who else was out there playmaking?  He'd give the ball up and stand there, I fully admit that, and then they'd throw the ball back to him to make a play or something last minute. 

So yeah, it's his fault no one else was out there capable of creating a shot.   A healthy Bogi was doing it when we were dominating the second half of 20/21, but the injury has hampered him. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Why aren't we asking our star player to play defense, which would help us win?  

Im sure they've never asked him to play D.. smdh. Just say you dont like the trade...

Edited by terrell

11 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Some Knick insiders(similar to supes and other here)claiming they’re focused on Ivey!

I don’t think their interested in Murray!

They do seem to focus on Ivey

• Like 1

So many of y’all don’t realize the intangibles with Murray… training Trae on perimeter defense is one. A secondary scorer is another. 

But knowing the squawk some of y’all would be happier sending JC for a two future 2nd rounders just to prevent sending any more assets.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't disagree. My point is Beal is a proven top 20 player in this league. His trade value is far greater than Murray 

Top 20 Chucker with no D..

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has to do it and win. Beal won in big playoff games. Has Murray played in one yet?

Beal won playoff games as a second option. In the same role as Murray, both teams are not good enough to tank or make the playyoffs. One guy is also younger and not about to sign a super max

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Who knows why he is available? Who cares? Pop likes true pg's, and I hear they had words.. Murray wants to win... Hell he just drafted Primo...

At all.....Yikes..

Pop gets so many passes, and deservedly so, but since the Kawhi debacle the direction of the franchise has been questionable at best.   Murray is 25 right?  I'd want out too with no chance to contend in sight and my prime years coming up.