• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Someone else like Giannis would be the reason the team wins in Milwaukee not him.  But when he took a prominent role on the Spurs they became a team that finished 14 games under .500 in a weak west. With a Hall of Fame coach.

This is such a reductionist take lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What's a reductionist?

You're oversimplifying him as a player based on what I think is not a good measurement of his skill (team record).  The guy has a near perfect skillset to complement Trae and will make Hunter/Capela more effective on defense.

• Like 2

GameTime I would rather have Murray than Beal even though Beal has had a better career. Beal plays no defense and we would have to give up a lot more.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Easy pass!!! Please stop wasting time with this team Schlenk. Lebron in his prime never commanded that kinda haul.

All 3 picks doesn’t have to come from us though. We can get a 3rd team involved. Maybe perhaps the kings since they were interested in JC.

Hawks trade JC and 2 lightly protected future 1st rd picks to the spurs. Spurs flip JC to the Kings for a future 1st rd pick.

Done deal everyone is happy.

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

All 3 picks doesn’t have to come from us though. We can get a 3rd team involved. Maybe perhaps the kings since they were interested in JC.

Hawks trade JC and 2 lightly protected future 1st rd picks to the spurs. Spurs flip JC to the Kings for a future 1st rd pick.

Done deal everyone is happy.

I’d much rather give the spurs two future first rd rather than including another current young player with JC such as OO or Hunter.

• Like 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

It seems they weren’t far off if it was just about pick protections. 

This is true. So I wonder if 2 first rd picks were on the table. If I were schlenk id lightly protect them to top 5 if he’s that worried about it.

if we get Murray I believe Ayton would have us as his first option.

🤔 Was this the offer to us? If this was the offer, I would have pulled the trigger on Dejounte Murray days ago. Then I would have used John Collins in another trade. JSMH 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Not me...I think the guy is vastly overrated by Hawk fans. But once the mob believes something here, the idea starts rolling like a freight train.

Overrated how so? State your case against Murray.

im open to it.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I'm suspicious that this isn't accurate.

When you go to Trae's list, here's what you get... and it would be quite surprising to learn that Ray Young only recently was added by his son.

But I don't doubt that Trae and Dejounte recently added each other if they hadn't already. But I do doubt that it's meaningful, of course, unless Schlenk is allowing Trae into the trade negotiation process.

2022-06-25_18-01-33.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I'm suspicious that this isn't accurate.

When you go to Trae's list, here's what you get... and it would be quite surprising to learn that Ray Young only recently was added by his son.

But I don't doubt that Trae and Dejounte recently added each other if they hadn't already. But I do doubt that it's meaningful, of course, unless Schlenk is allowing Trae into the trade negotiation process.

2022-06-25_18-01-33.png

It’s probably just a nice coincidence. Good for the media though. Gives them another story to add on to the rumors.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

It’s probably just a nice coincidence. Good for the media though. Gives them another story to add on to the rumors.

Maybe the bigger story is the other names in that list. 😉

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Overrated how so? State your case against Murray.

im open to it.

1st of all, @AHFhas already pointed out that his shooting efficiency miror that of Cam Reddish.  secondly he is a 1 hit wonder like Randle 2 years ago. 3rdly during his breakout season, the Spurs got worse.