• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could we be overlooking something?

Wurider05

I personally don't think that we are landing any major stars any time soon. It is what it is. Everyone is talking about Kyrie and Durant but what about Ben Simmons? if KD and Kyrie force their way out do you really want Ben Simmons being the best player on your team? I think that someone is going to swoop in and get him. We need to look past KD and Kyrie and focus on getting Simmons if possible especially if they are in rebuild mode.  

• Like 1

Wurider05, I've wanted to trade for Ben Simmons since last summer but know I don't think it's worth the risk. The mental issues which I don't want to get into because I respect that man's struggle. But the back issues and missing an entire season with his salary will cause me to take a hard pass. I don't think the Hawks can take that risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRW said:

Wurider05, I've wanted to trade for Ben Simmons since last summer but know I don't think it's worth the risk. The mental issues which I don't want to get into because I respect that man's struggle. But the back issues and missing an entire season with his salary will cause me to take a hard pass. I don't think the Hawks can take that risk.

I think, after a full year of 'reports', conjecture, leaks, etc. we know less now about his supposed mental issue(s) than we did when this all started.

As long as his back checks out, sign me up.  That player does more for fixing our defensive problems than anyone in the league ... who's available.

And that includes the guy in UTA.  Come at me, @NBASupes

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Simmons was on the same team with Embiid, Harris, and Jimmi Butler and they still did not make it to the conference finals. Chew on that for a sec!

Agreed.  Illustrates just how overrated Embiid is.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Hasn't he made more than a few 1st all nba teams??

And he's made less than a few conference finals despite having Simmons, Butler, Harris, and Harden as teammates.  Topped off with a HOF(sic), Finals-winning coach.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And he's made less than a few conference finals despite having Simmons, Butler, Harris, and Harden as teammates.  Topped off with a HOF(sic), Finals-winning coach.

You can say the same about Simmons

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Embiid is the reason the sixers lose in the playoffs and not Simmons?  What metric(s) support that assertion?

His outta shape a** being unable to maintain consistent production late in games.  I don't need any made up metrics to see that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Call I what you want but you can't call it wrong.

Certainly you can. Because it is wrong.

Simmons is one of the most overrated players over the last 20 years in the NBA. Can’t shoot a lick. Can’t play close out minutes. Is as mentally soft as they come.

After all the BS he’s pulled and poor play demonstrated, the fact he still has admirers really makes me question folks’ ability to recognize the traits of a winning basketball player.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kelston827 said:

Certainly you can. Because it is wrong.

Simmons is one of the most overrated players over the last 20 years in the NBA. Can’t shoot a lick. Can’t play close out minutes. Is as mentally soft as they come.

After all the BS he’s pulled and poor play demonstrated, the fact he still has admirers really makes me question folks’ ability to recognize the traits of a winning basketball player.

I didn't want to say it but Thanks. Lol!

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Funny.  I always joke around on here but find a way not to question other people's intelligence just because their opinion is different from mine.

Funny indeed.

Lol the sad thing is you are right. People talk about Ben losing that series, but in Game 7 he was going his job on the defensive end while.Embiid who was the offensive engine ran out of gas and was missing free throws too.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol the sad thing is you are right. People talk about Ben losing that series, but in Game 7 he was going his job on the defensive end while.Embiid who was the offensive engine ran out of gas and was missing free throws too.

So the guy with 31 points/11 rebounds lost the game vs the guy who had 5 points...Got it

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So the guy with 31 points/11 rebounds lost the game vs the guy who had 5 points...Got it

Who was the guy locking down the other offensive engine on the Hawks? 

People blame been, but they don't pay Ben for his offense they pay him for his defense or does defense not win championships anymore like you ve been screaming for months.

The correct answer was It was a team effort to lose to the Hawks but they piled on Ben.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Who was the guy locking down the other offensive engine on the Hawks? 

People blame been, but they don't pay Ben for his offense they pay him for his defense or does defense not win championships anymore like you ve been screaming for months.

The correct answer was It was a team effort to lose to the Hawks but they piled on Ben.

Nobody in this universe would value Ben Simmons over Embiid.