• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Question...

Diesel

• Premium Member

What do we do with Bogi?

Let's say we move Kev to BU SF.

Let's say we pick up Delon as BU PG.

Do you think Bogi wants to play BU SG?  IF he was unhappy playing behind Kev.. will he be more happy playing behind Murray.

I have a thought.

Bogi to Indy for Buddy and a FRP!

Indiana Pacers: Buddy Hield will be a prized asset in the foreseeable future

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What do we do with Bogi?

Do you think Bogi wants to play BU SG?  IF he was unhappy playing behind Kev.. will he be more happy playing behind Murray.

I have a thought.

Indiana Pacers: Buddy Hield will be a prized asset in the foreseeable future

Diesel,

You might need to get some help for your trade fixation, I mean...Really.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Diesel,

You might need to get some help for your trade fixation, I mean...Really.

Let's be honest....

Bogi is not going to like playing behind a max contract type SG...  The FO has gotten behind Hunter.   There's no place for Bogi to Shine.   We're talking about a guy who is a champion.  He wants the Shine.

Now.. you said I have a fixation.

Here's what I know:

1.  Buddy and Trae are friends. 

2.   Buddy shot decent from three last year but he's a 39% career three point shooter and who knows what he would do when he's not the focus of the defense. 

3.  Buddy is not going to piss and moan about coming off the bench. 

OU men's basketball: Trae Young, Buddy Hield both make final rounds of  respective competitions in NBA All-Star Weekend | Sports | oudaily.com

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Let's be honest....

Bogi is not going to like playing behind a max contract type SG...  The FO has gotten behind Hunter.   There's no place for Bogi to Shine.   We're talking about a guy who is a champion.  He wants the Shine.

Now.. you said I have a fixation.

Here's what I know:

1.  Buddy and Trae are friends. 

2.   Buddy shot decent from three last year but he's a 39% career three point shooter and who knows what he would do when he's not the focus of the defense. 

3.  Buddy is not going to piss and moan about coming off the bench. 

No - Buddy makes $21 million.  we are already over the Luxury Tax.

2 hours ago, swanlee said:

Lets just keep who we have please. Keep JC, Bogi, OO and CC

Heck no i don't want to keep Bogi.  I'll gladly drive him to the bus stop to move on from him.  Although he will probably miss that the same way he misses all the guys going by him while he's playing defense.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No - Buddy makes $21 million.  we are already over the Luxury Tax.

We talking Championship aspirations.   What are you suggesting.. that we're going to trade Bogi for a box of thin mints?  The teams that can take salary dumps are running out.  Ressler said for a winner, he will pay the LT.  Well, this is looking like a winner. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

Heck no i don't want to keep Bogi.  I'll gladly drive him to the bus stop to move on from him.  Although he will probably miss that the same way he misses all the guys going by him while he's playing defense.

I'm not mad at Bogi.. but if he was a lockerroom distraction because he wasn't starting, then we have to know that this attitude will be full force now. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

We talking Championship aspirations.   What are you suggesting.. that we're going to trade Bogi for a box of thin mints?  The teams that can take salary dumps are running out.  Ressler said for a winner, he will pay the LT.  Well, this is looking like a winner. 

Does Buddy scream 'winning' to you.  

I don't like the Buddy trade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Does Buddy scream 'winning' to you.  

I don't like the Buddy trade.

Buddy scream cog to me.  Bogi doesn't.   IF we can get Buddy and a first round pick for Bogi, i'm doing it all day... because I know that Buddy can work as part of the team (cog) and the first helps replace one of the first that we lost.   It's good for Bogi too because I believe he can go to Indy with Haliburton and be everything they need. 

Buddy doesn't have to be a superstar with us.  He's a specialty player coming off the bench. when he gets in, he's our vinny the microwave. 

Bogi can do that, however, I don't think Bogi wants to do that. 

Just now, Diesel said:

I'm not mad at Bogi.. but if he was a lockerroom distraction because he wasn't starting, then we have to know that this attitude will be full force now. 

Im mad at him because it was damn sure noticeable that he put in less effort and pouted when he got benched for not playing well.

Instead of manning up and working harder to get your spot back you shut down and whined and in turn made the team worse. Thats a quitters attitude and i have no interest for that type of player on my team at all.  Trae many of times was putting in more effort than him on defense and that should never happen when trae is also putting in the most effort and usage of any guy on our team by a truckload on offense too.   Bogi when he was on his 1 or 2 week streak off offense was ok although his defense still being bad was terrible.  But when he was on his 2 to 3 weeks straight of 0 offense plus still having bad defense he imo was the worst player on the team during those times.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

Im mad at him because it was damn sure noticeable that he put in less effort and pouted when he got benched for not playing well.

Instead of manning up and working harder to get your spot back you shut down and whined and in turn made the team worse. Thats a quitters attitude and i have no interest for that type of player on my team at all.  Trae many of times was putting in more effort than him on defense and that should never happen when trae is also putting in the most effort and usage of any guy on our team by a truckload on offense too.   Bogi when he was on his 1 or 2 week streak off offense was ok although his defense still being bad was terrible.  But when he was on his 2 to 3 weeks straight of 0 offense plus still having bad defense he imo was the worst player on the team during those times.

For me it's hard to separate Pouting Bogi from Bad knee Bogi.   However, you're right.  IF he could play like he did the year before, I would have no problem.  I think Bogi failed to understand that it doesn't matter if you started or not, it's that you made an impact.   I said several times that our second team was better than our first team.  Many times, our second team would pull us out of holes.  That second team was Lou, Delon, Bogi, Gallo, and OO.   I appreciated what they gave.   But I they would waine when the injuries piled up. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Threezus said:

Bogi unhappy, complaining.....what did I miss????

Bogi played while injured.  He's had corrective surgery.  He will now be much better if the surgery was a success.  We hear that it was.  

Hawks have young players who want to play in the NBA who have been in the D League + two new draft picks.  Knox is gone into free agency.  I agree with Diesel.  If Bogi stays, where does he fit?  Will he be happy with his playing time?  I want him to stay.  If he's traded, I will understand.

🧑‍🔧Still under repair.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Diesel said:

What do we do with Bogi?

I have a thought.

The Bogi thing IS interesting because of the combination of drafting Murray and drafting Griffin.  I like Bogi as a backup.  I like Huerter's defense ( curve ball).  The Hawks are in a unique situation.  They got soo much talent that they have to make some hard decisions.