• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In-Season Tournament on the Horizon...It's now here!

JayBirdHawk

In-Season Tournament  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

First... the idea that you're going to give "prizes" to millionaires seems a bit self-deceived, don't it... "to be determined prizes" indeed.

But I vote yes. Why: Because it's a half-step... just a half-step, but it's progress... toward sufficient out-of-the-box thinking to allow NBA decision-makers to re-shape the framework of the season to maintain all teams' fans' interest from October to June.

(... reaches back into the archives... )

nba re-envisioned master concept (a).png

nba re-envisioned master concept (b).png

nba re-envisioned master concept (c).png

nba re-envisioned master concept (d).png

nba re-envisioned master concept (e).png

nba re-envisioned premises remedies opportunities.png

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Can we get an ultimate loser’s bracket?  Loser advances until you play a final game between two winless teams.  
Catch is the ultimate loser is unable to pick first in the next draft.  All the bad teams would have something huge at stake.  

We think alike, but there's a different method to getting to that same conclusion... all the bad teams have something huge at stake in the above...

2022-09-10_11-51-13.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Catch is the ultimate loser is unable to pick first in the next draft.  All the bad teams would have something huge at stake.  

What if the team were bad for real?  Wouldn't this punish them for being bad?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sturt said:

(Btw... I'm not like those who use your phone for everything. View on a legitimate computer screen, or at least something tablet sized.)

Dude, I don't use the phone for anything either.   I have a 34 inch curved monitor...and I still have trouble seeing that size 5 font that you're using...

Thick Glasses GIFs | Tenor

Addendum:  No Lie, I just magnified your pic and it was the same damn size...

• Premium Member

Back to a tourney...

1 & 2 get a Bye...

3 vs. 10  winner plays winner of  6 vs. 7

4 vs. 9   winner plays 2

5 vs. 8  winner plays 1

6 vs. 7  winner plays winner of 3 vs. 10.

Game A.  Loser of 3 vs. 10 plays loser of 6 vs. 7.     Winner plays Winner B; Loser plays Loser B.

Game B.  Loser  of 4 vs. 9 plays loser of 5 vs. 8.    Winner plays Winner A;   Loser plays Loser A

Loser A + B = ultimate Loser...   winner of this game  is guaranteed #5 spot# of balls in the Draft Lottery. 

Third round.  (Semifinals)

Winner of A + B goes back into the playoff tourney in third round vs. winner of 1 vs. 5-8 winner....

2 vs. 4-9 winner plays 3vs.10 vs 6vs 7 winner. 

Finals.... 

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I just magnified your pic and it was the same damn size...

That sentence isn't rational... how do you magnify and yet it remains the same damn size?

If I click on an image... and maybe this has to do with my browser (Firefox), but I wouldn't know... then it automatically opens a new screen with the image magnified and easier to read then on my 17" laptop monitor. Ends up approximately the same font size as what I'm typing right now. That's all the insight I have.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

The prize is significant for a young or up and coming player but I still don't think that's enough to motivate your superstars on large contracts.  I could see there being a lot of "resting" of stars during this time.

Guys like Draymond have eclipsed well over $1 million in fines for their career and then you have folks like Lebron that make so much more on sponsorships, and other non-NBA ventures.  I don't see it having that much luster for the big names.

• Like 4