• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have to say, I am concerned...

Diesel

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

I have high hopes for AJ Griffin.. but the injury/non injury... is starting to give me pause. 

As all Hawks fans should be... I'm concerned. 

I was laughed at here for voicing that concern on draft night.

Don't understand why a team that can't stay healthy would draft a guy who can't stay healty.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, shakes said:

I was laughed at here for voicing that concern on draft night.

Don't understand why a team that can't stay healthy would draft a guy who can't stay healty.

Well, though I agree with you. 

We drafted him because of the huge upside.   The kid has everything pointed in the right direction.   BUT.... Is he Marcus Camby or Greg Oden?

I hate our approach of wait, wait, wait, wait, ok fine let’s do the surgery. I know they do this for the best interest of the players because you don’t want to force them to go under the knife if they don’t have to. It just seems like our medical team guesses wrong too often and delays the inevitable.

I dont know what is wrong with AJ but if surgery is an option I wish they would just do it now and not wait. Let him get a head start on recovery.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

What is his issue?  I thought he was alright but they were just being conservative. Feels like the Cam/Dre situation all over again. I will say if he is not ready physically the Hawks should not rush him.   However, if his is ready physically, he needs to play as much as possible. There is no better teacher than experience. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hate our approach of wait, wait, wait, wait, ok fine let’s do the surgery. I know they do this for the best interest of the players because you don’t want to force them to go under the knife if they don’t have to. It just seems like our medical team guesses wrong too often and delays the inevitable.

I dont know what is wrong with AJ but if surgery is an option I wish they would just do it now and not wait. Let him get a head start on recovery.

What am I missing? 😕  Is there some injury update?

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What am I missing? 😕  Is there some injury update?

I haven't seen any updates since he was "day-to-day" in July and they just decided not to risk anything with summer league.

• Thanks 2

I don't mind taking gambles like this outside of the lottery. 

If he were a top 10 pick it would be different. But the only way someone with as much talent as he has falls to 16 is if there's some risk there. And at 16, it's a risk worth taking imo.

And if we're "concerned" because a mid round rookie isn't ready to come in and contribute day 1, our season is probably already in trouble. 

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

There's something.   No SL.  Haven't seen him in any of the practice photos with the rest of the team.   Hus has been the word about his "injury".   That's what has me concerned.   If they came right out and said he had a sore hamstring or a sore foot.. Easy.  But to shroud everything in mystery while he is missing from everything is not usual. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

There's something.   No SL.  Haven't seen him in any of the practice photos with the rest of the team.   Hus has been the word about his "injury".   That's what has me concerned.   If they came right out and said he had a sore hamstring or a sore foot.. Easy.  But to shroud everything in mystery while he is missing from everything is not usual. 

You concerned about Capela, Jalen Johnson, Both Holidays, Bogi, or Kaminsky?  Hadn't heard about them either.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Isn't this him? Or am I wrong?

image.png

Screenshot_20220913-210322_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You concerned about Capela, Jalen Johnson, Both Holidays, Bogi, or Kaminsky?  Hadn't heard about them either.

Capela was in the open runs with Trae a few weeks ago

Bogi is injured and had a surgery

Jalen was on the court in the background in a recent video posted by the team.

Nobody really cares about the other dudes you named

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I've seen Capela and Johnson in summer practice.

I am worried about Bogi and Kaminsky... but they have history. 

Don't know if I have seen the Holidsays or not. 

• Like 1