• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we please resign Hunter?

AtLaS

glad to have Hunter here long term…

Hunter is the make or break guy for me this season. That’s not to say he’s the star (he’s not) but if he has a good to great season?!!…man I’m predicting 55 or more wins. 

Hunter having a break out season and hawks being healthy is going to be key this season.

• Like 4

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So I was right!  LOL!  Good Job hawks!  What took you so long?

What were you right about?  You said he would sign for $64-70M.  He signed for $95M!

You also said he would sign for $20M per season and were $15M off from there.

So not that close.  

That said, I'm happy with the deal.  My benchmark for a happy deal was $90M and this is $5M over which isn't the end of the world.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

We need at least 1 of Hunter OO or JJ to take a big step up this year if we are gonna be a contender. And yes obviously stay healthy. 

Agree.  It is critical that 2 of these 3 be healthy for the vast majority of the season and step up, imo.  

We will be fine if OO just stays healthy.  JJ needs to be healthy and establish a strong baseline.  Hunter needs to be healthy and raise the bar.

The good news is that all are healthy right now (which has never been the case at the start of the season), all have shown significant gains in the preseason, and all will have plenty of opportunity to blossom.  No defense is going to focus on them so the floor is open on that end and all of them will have more support on the defensive side of the ball.  Table is set for their success.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

What were you right about?  You said he would sign for $64-70M.  He signed for $95M!

You also said he would sign for $20M per season and were $15M off from there.

So not that close.  

That said, I'm happy with the deal.  My benchmark for a happy deal was $90M and this is $5M over which isn't the end of the world.

WTF???? When did I say that?

• Premium Member
On 10/13/2022 at 6:02 PM, Peoriabird said:

Ok schlenk and the rest of owmership...Don't listen to Brad Roland and the rest of the fools that don't know Dre's true value on the open market. If Dre's agent is willing to take $20 mil per season, this should be a no Brainer because his cost will be $10 more after this season. Don't be stupid about this.

This is what I said on the 1st page of the thread..I have no idea what @AHF is referring to.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

WTF???? When did I say that?

Do you remember this?

On 10/14/2022 at 5:20 PM, Peoriabird said:

Where are these rumors coming from???  This is what one of the beat writers wrote in July

Wes Morton: It seems that both sides are reportedly working towards an agreement, even if the sides are far apart at the moment. There is plenty of time to negotiate, however, and I think a deal can get done by the October deadline. With the exception of John Collins, this Hawks regime has generally found ways to extend their fourth year players before restricted free agency. I could see a Kevin Huerter-like deal for maybe 4 years and $64-70 million total.

Are our beat writers this uninformed???

I told you that you were crazy to suggest that he might resign for $64M and offered you a bet that he wouldn't sign anywhere in this range.  You ignored that and pretended that anyone suggesting he wanted more money than Mikal Bridges was uninformed.  In reality, he clearly was asking for much more than Bridges got and ended up getting slightly more than Bridges when he met the Hawks somewhere in the middle.

Given that the two sides settled at $95M, I think it is a no-brainer that Hunter's demand was never close to $80M and was a nine digit demand (i.e., >$100M).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Do you remember this?

I told you that you were crazy to suggest that he might resign for $64M and offered you a bet that he wouldn't sign anywhere in this range.  You ignored that and pretended that anyone suggesting he wanted more money than Mikal Bridges was uninformed.  In reality, he clearly was asking for much more than Bridges got and ended up getting slightly more than Bridges when he met the Hawks somewhere in the middle.

Given that the two sides settled at $95M, I think it is a no-brainer that Hunter's demand was never close to $80M and was a nine digit demand (i.e., >$100M).

What part of the quote has me stating that Dre's camp would accept that offer? I don't want to get indignant but what you are suggesting I said makes absolutely no sense. You are way smarter than what you are displaying at this moment.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

What part of the quote has me stating that Dre's camp would accept that offer? I don't want to get indignant but what you are suggesting I said makes absolutely no sense. You are way smarter than what you are displaying at this moment.

We were talking about how much Dre was asking for.  The article you cited was about what Dre's camp would accept (in the eyes of the article's author).  You cited this as evidence that we were going crazy suggesting he wanted more than Bridges. 

You highlighted the "$64M-$70M" in bold and underlined text and added a comment suggesting it was unreasonable to think that our beat writers were that far off.  If you thought this was never a realistic offer because Hunter would be demanding way more than $64-$70M it made no sense for you to bring this up or endorse with the triple question mark.  

Are our beat writers this uninformed???

The answer was obvious then and now.  Of course, Hunter was asking for much more and our beat writer was that uninformed.  

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

We were talking about how much Dre was asking for.  The article you cited was about what Dre's camp would accept (in the eyes of the article's author).  You cited this as evidence that we were going crazy suggesting he wanted more than Bridges. 

You highlighted the "$64M-$70M" in bold and underlined text and added a comment suggesting it was unreasonable to think that our beat writers were that far off.  If you thought this was never a realistic offer because Hunter would be demanding way more than $64-$70M it made no sense for you to bring this up or endorse with the triple question mark.  

The answer was obvious then and now.  Of course, Hunter was asking for much more and our beat writer was that uninformed.  

Do you understand now?

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Do you understand now?

Not at all.  Why did you quote me and say "where are these rumors (that Hunter wanted more than Bridges) coming from?"

Should be obvious where they were coming from.  Hunter wanted more than Bridges.