• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we please resign Hunter?

AtLaS

• Premium Member

Yeah, I mean you want to lock up a deal so it isn’t a topic of discussion during the season. I think the Hawks are smart for being cautious due to his health issues. Dre being smart too, knowing that if he can stay healthy and be productive he will get a much better pay day after the season. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I think the Hawks are smart for being cautious due to his health issues.

You know this makes no sense right?  Hunter can stay healthy next year...get paid more...And then get hurt the following year after he is paid more so how is that being smart?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You know this makes no sense right?  Hunter can stay healthy next year...get paid more...And then get hurt the following year after he is paid more so how is that being smart?

Or he can sign a contract now, get hurt, and we go down the same path. It is a contract season, let’s see the best version of him. I love Hunter, but it is a risk. If he was willing to sign on a cheap contract I’m all for it, but I’m sure his camp wants to max out his value too. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

Or he can sign a contract now, get hurt, and we go down the same path. It is a contract season, let’s see the best version of him. I love Hunter, but it is a risk. If he was willing to sign on a cheap contract I’m all for it, but I’m sure his camp wants to max out his value too. 

My point is one year of health is not a predictor of the other years so you are gambling either way...One way is just cheaper

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

My point is one year of health is not a predictor of the other years so you are gambling either way...One way is just cheaper

I don’t disagree with you at all, he might think he can stay healthy and wants to be paid based on that. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

I don’t disagree with you at all, he might think he can stay healthy and wants to be paid based on that. 

He will want even more if he reaches his full potential this season...Something this team may not be able to afford since they aren't the Golden state Warrior's ownership

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He hasn’t proven he can stay healthy for a season since he kind of stayed healthy his rookie year and played 63 games.  If he stays healthy this year it will prove he is capable of it and I would feel a lot better about giving him a contract.  Nothing wrong with making him prove he can accomplish that before giving him a bag.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

He will want even more if he reaches his full potential this season...Something this team may not be able to afford since they aren't the Golden state Warrior's ownership

Of course he will want more, but that could be the reason a deal wasn’t reached. That’s all I’m saying. I’d love to rehash this if we had some numbers that were thrown out there, but I doubt we will get that.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, shakes said:

He hasn’t proven he can stay healthy for a season since he kind of stayed healthy his rookie year and played 63 games.  If he stays healthy this year it will prove he is capable of it and I would feel a lot better about giving him a contract.  Nothing wrong with making him prove he can accomplish that before giving him a bag.

You act like there is a guarantee that Atlanta will match any price tag and if they do, there will be no roster casualties to account for an unexpected increase in the amount he might be worth at the end of next season.  The management is obviously not the Golden State Warriors management.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So I was right!  LOL!  Good Job hawks!  What took you so long?

I don’t think anyone was right lol, the point was the two finding a good deal for each parties. That is what they eventually did. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 10/6/2022 at 3:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Rumor is they are $20 million apart: Hawks offering 4/$80 mil, Hunter asking 4/$100 mil

Report: Hawks, De'Andre Hunter $20M apart on contract extension (nbcsports.com)

So they split the difference right down the middle. Good deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1