• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next 13 games will let us know if we're good or not

shakes

• Premium Member

The season has been saved (for now) but now it's time to figure out if we can do more than just save the season, can we actually thrive?   Next up is a 13 game murderer's row stretch of games that lead us into Thanksgiving.

@ Milwaukee

@ Toronto

@ New York

Vs. New Orleans

Vs. Milwaukee

Vs. Utah

Vs Philly (2nd half of back to back games)

Vs Philly

@ Milwaukee again

Vs Boston

Vs Toronto

@ Cleveland

Vs Sacramento

I think we need to go 7-6 to prove we have what it takes to thrive this season and compete for a top 5 seed in the playoffs.

Anything less than 7-6 and we're most likely looking at another trip to the playin tourney or a 6th seed at best.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

11 of 13 pretty tough games.  Whew.  Time to see what we're made of for sure.

yea that's why I was so adamant about us needing to go 5-0 in those first 5 games.     4-1 is livable I guess, but we might really wish we still had that extra game cushion in about 10 games or so.   

We need to at least split with Philly and Toronto.

We need to win against Knicks, Utah, and Sac

We need at least 1 of the 3 against Milwaukee

And we need to win at least 1 against either Cleveland, Boston, New Orleans.

That’s your 7 wins. That’s doable.

I think we have a shot at more.

• Like 4

Is it panic time (again)?  Gotta win 7 of 13?  What if we go 5/8?  That would mean 9/9 for the season.  We would still have that other two games to go to reach the twenty.

Two seasons ago, Hawks were so good.  Went to eastern finals.  Then, last season, Hawks went thru the play-in, only to fall in five.

Just how good are we?  How good is the competition?  I sincerely believe, on any given night, any NBA team can beat any other NBA team.  There is no perfect NBA team.  Each and every one has their flaws.  Unlike college, where a big school can schedule a small school to guarantee victory.  No one has a single NBA game with a guaranteed victory before the game is played.

Therefore the question arises, "Should we dread playing these teams or should they dread playing the Hawks?"  I'm not giving up anything.  One victory at a time!!

😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, shakes said:

@ Milwaukee

@ Toronto

@ New York

I'm more concerned about HOW we play on these next 3 roadies. Road games are tough. Win at least 1 (hoping for 2).. we would be 3-2 on the 5 game road trip.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, shakes said:

Vs. New Orleans

Vs. Milwaukee

Vs. Utah

Vs Philly

5 home games - The Farm needs to be a place where it's hard for other teams to win. I'm ok with 4-1

• Like 1

• Premium Member

part of my calculations regarding a 7-6 record included going 1-2 on this opening road trip.   So, 1-2 but we are on the right path to finish this stretch at 7-6.

Season still alive!

• Premium Member
On 10/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, shakes said:

Vs. New Orleans

Vs. Milwaukee

Vs. Utah

@ Philly

The 2nd Philly game is at their place.

So we have 4 home games coming up.  Like I said before I want The Farm to have real homecourt so it's difficult for other teams to win there.

Ideally we go 4-0.

My hope is the team is still not on so much of a high from the comeback against the Nix and are too relaxed coming home and not ready to play vs NOP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

If we play hard on the road and end up with close losses in all three, I can live with that. I echo Jay's main concern... winning at home is huge.

If two weeks from tonight we're able to say we've defeated NOP, MIL, UTA (who's playing well, btw), PHI, BOS and TOR, that's 7-3 in the last 10 games even if we lose @PHI and @MIL. Have to feel pretty good with that outcome, or even 6-4 if we were competitive in all four losses.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 2:25 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

We need to at least split with Philly and Toronto.

We need to win against Knicks, Utah, and Sac

We need at least 1 of the 3 against Milwaukee

And we need to win at least 1 against either Cleveland, Boston, New Orleans.

That’s your 7 wins. That’s doable.

I think we have a shot at more.

We are on pace for my outlined path, but I will say, I did not think the Jazz would maintain their level of play.

I’m going to add them to the category with NOP, BOS, and CLE, and say that we need to win 2 of those games now. We already picked up one against the Pels, so we need 1 more out of the 3 against the others.

• Premium Member

3-2 is not a bad start, considering two of those losses were on the road.  Looking forward to the game against Toronto at home -- I am hoping we can show a lot more than our first matchup.  We can sweep Philly if we play well, but expect Embiid to camp out at the FT line, especially in that road game

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Vs. New Orleans

Vs. Milwaukee

Vs. Utah

3-1 on the home stand. 

@ Philly again

@ Milwaukee again

I'd be happy with 1-1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shakes said:

Going to be very difficult to him the 7-6 goal with the games we have coming up.

Hawks have, for several years, played up or down to the competition.  Harder, tougher games simply means that Atlanta will be playing harder and tougher.  I hope I'm correct on this.

👩‍🔧

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Tough stretch upcoming, I really hope we can knock Philly down again tomorrow -- I expect the game to be MUCH harder than last night, with Embiid likely living at the line tomorrow and Phillys role players playing better.

After that, I like our chance against Boston -- Murray will help a lot with JB and Hunter does a decent job on Tatum.  The two toughest game will be Milwaukee on the road and Toronto at home in my opinion.  If we can win one of those I'm confident we can go 3-3 in the next 6.

• Like 1