• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next 13 games will let us know if we're good or not

shakes

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

I think he is saying AJ will play but Butler will not and he wanted to see them face off.

Oh right.  Thanks.  I used to like Jimmy.  I guess i still do a little bit but so tired of the Heat schtick.  Happy and unsurprised to see them struggle but i'm sure they'll get a helping hand at some point. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks have scored 1,945 points.

How many points have they given up?  You guessed it.  1,945 

The picture of mediocrity lol.  If they can get to 13-7 in the first 20 that’ll be a huge success.  They gotta play the games and we all know this team can lay an egg but they should be favored by about 3.5 at home versus the Kings,  8.5 on the road at Houston, and at least 5.5 at home against Miami with Jimmy Butler out for sure.  If they lose that game I don’t know man he only single-handedly beat the Hawks’ ass in the playoffs.

I hate AJ doesn’t get to play versus his favorite player (and my 1B) on Sunday.  I was so looking forward to that.  Hopefully he’ll connect with him if he hasn’t already.

Yeah, that feels exactly right... if we continue to play how we have, I would expect us to be marginally over .500 but we have some obvious areas of improvement.  The biggest question of the season for me was always: how are we going to integrate Trae offball, and unfortunately, I don't like what the answer is shaping up to be.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, that feels exactly right... if we continue to play how we have, I would expect us to be marginally over .500 but we have some obvious areas of improvement.  The biggest question of the season for me was always: how are we going to integrate Trae offball, and unfortunately, I don't like what the answer is shaping up to be.

Yeah.  The biggest question for me was do 2 rookies and 2 journeymen make a good nba bench.  Thank god for AJ.  To be honest though the bench has actually done well defensively it seems like but we've got no scoring power at all off the bench.  That's a problem. 

57 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks have scored 1,945 points.

How many points have they given up?  You guessed it.  1,945 

The picture of mediocrity lol.  If they can get to 13-7 in the first 20 that’ll be a huge success.  They gotta play the games and we all know this team can lay an egg but they should be favored by about 3.5 at home versus the Kings,  8.5 on the road at Houston, and at least 5.5 at home against Miami with Jimmy Butler out for sure.  If they lose that game I don’t know man he only single-handedly beat the Hawks’ ass in the playoffs.

I hate AJ doesn’t get to play versus his favorite player (and my 1B) on Sunday.  I was so looking forward to that.  Hopefully he’ll connect with him if he hasn’t already.

Take this mess to the Miami board. 

We are all Hawks over here and hate the Heat.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

We are having our second game of the season that determines our entire year.  Win against Sacramento and we’re in.  

no, you're missing the details.  The first game to determine the entire season was just that, to determine whether or not we would even be a playoff team.  Tomorrow's game doesn't make or break the entire season, but we must win if we are to have any chance of possibly competing for a top 4 seed.

That said, after watching the team play this year I don't care if we win tomorrow, there's no way this team competes for a top 4 seed this year.   Our ceiling is a 6 seed, maybe a 5 seed if we keep getting lucky in terms of facing teams with injured players.

• Confused 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

no, you're missing the details.  The first game to determine the entire season was just that, to determine whether or not we would even be a playoff team.  Tomorrow's game doesn't make or break the entire season, but we must win if we are to have any chance of possibly competing for a top 4 seed.

That said, after watching the team play this year I don't care if we win tomorrow, there's no way this team competes for a top 4 seed this year.   Our ceiling is a 6 seed, maybe a 5 seed if we keep getting lucky in terms of facing teams with injured players.

Too early to say that because 1) they may start to get the chemistry right.  DJ, JJ, Holidays are all new to their roles and 2) we may bring in more talent via trades. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, shakes said:

C'mon Shakes.  At least give them a chance.  If Butler is out and Sixers have key injuries, our entire schedule between now and the end of the year is pretty light.  We could go 13-5 or even 14-4.  Imagine being 25-11, or even 23-13 if we go 12-6.

We don't necessarily look like a top 4 seed right now, but neither does Miami, Philly, Brooklyn, Chicago, Toronto, etc.  There's only Boston, Milwaukee, and Cleveland that have actually looked reliably good so far.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1