• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Almost teary eyed.....

Diesel

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Oh yes he would.  Sure Trae has him NARROWLY beat in TS%, and it's debatable who is the better floor general...but you're not giving Ja his due on the true indicator of greatness.  What makes up for the other numbers and truly separates him from Trae:

Reveal hidden contents

Ja Morant shot .868% on DnK% last year.  Remind me again how many of these Trae had?  Must be ZERO% on that because I can't seem to find the stat.

😤

That's the only thing that Morant does better than Trae.  The ONLY THING... sadly, Trae is second in Assists right now and I believe he will surpass Haliburton but Morant won't be in the race. 

I was thinking about the statement somebody made above about picking Morant over Trae if you were starting a team.

I said.. Morant without the Grizzlies?  People need to understand that Morant plays on a team that hides most of his flaws.  The Grizz are one of the most complete teams playing and they are strongly defensive.  I've seen Morant call a few plays...

Play 1...  I'm going to drive to the left. 

Play #2... I'm going to fake driving to the right and drive to the left. 

That's it. 

Nah.. Give me Trae.

18 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This isn't just Luka, although he's one of the worst offenders, but thought it was pretty good breakdown.

This is eye opening.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This isn't just Luka, although he's one of the worst offenders, but thought it was pretty good breakdown.

Am I the only one laughing at the guy's emphasis on these violations? lol

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

You thought I was screaming at the TV.... I bet this guy watching a game is like 48 minutes of "Come on Ref" and "Did you see that" and "Bullshit!!!". 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Don't look now but he is shooting 47.5% FG% / 60.6% TS% over his last 7 games.  His normal form is to start the season slow and kick into gear with the new year.  If his 3pt shot starts coming around he will be just fine.

Ja is much less of a passer than Trae and is a less efficient scorer (if you believe in the last 3-4 seasons worth of data).  I have a feeling that if you get frustrated because Trae doesn't pass as much as you want and isn't as efficient as you want that you would not enjoy seeing 3 fewer assists per game coming from your PG and scoring at a .558% TS% (Ja) instead of a .580% TS% (Trae).

Is that why Ja averaged 30/5/8 on 48/32/80 splits with only 3.6 turnovers against the Jazz in his first ever playoff series? You know, the number 1 defense out west? 

Ja career playoffs (14 games) - 28.2/6.9/9.2 with 1.4 steals, 0.3 blocks, and 3.5 turnovers on .458/.333/.756 shooting.

Trae career playoffs (21 games) - 25.6/3.3/8.7 with 1.1 steals, 0 blocks, and 4.5 turnovers on .402/.286/.850 shooting

Trae probably is the better individual player right now given his scoring and playmaking ability but I do love how much pressure Ja puts on a defense by attacking the rim and how much that opens the floor up for others. 

There are gigantic physical differences between Ja and Trae that the latter just cannot overcome. I also like Ja energy/ leadership, and hustle on the floor.

You really cant go wrong with either player...Will depend on the other 4 players surrounding them.

Edited by terrell

On 11/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, Diesel said:

You should have been killed.  There's nothing Second about Trae.   He's obviously a primetime player.   Moreover, he's more than an 18/10 guy also.   He's more like a 27/13 guy..   The likes of which this league has not seen.    Yeah, you should have been killed.   You just eqauted Trae to Freakin Andre Miller. 

I’m saying he’s a good second guy. But sorry, he’s just not THE guy for a team. Maybe he gets there, but he needs help. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, noble said:

I’m saying he’s a good second guy. But sorry, he’s just not THE guy for a team. Maybe he gets there, but he needs help. 

Did Jordan Not need Pippen?

Did Stockton not need Malone?

Did Shaq not need Kobe?

Did Shaq not need Wade?

Did Lebron not need a whole bunch of Jokers and the league's officials?

When you look up the guy in the dictionary...  The first definition is this..

Michael Jordan | Chicago Bulls | NBA.com

The second definition is this...

Kobe Bryant dies at 41 - news and tributes

But somewhere down the line you see this guy...

Trae Young Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

He's a guy that can take a franchise that has only been to the ECF once to the ECFs and win 2 games while he's playing...

You realize that this man who you say is not the guy had us within 2 games of going to the finals...

And we would have beaten Phoenix. 

Noble, when we have the parade, you're going to have to write an apology to Trae. 

• Like 3

Just now, Diesel said:

Did Jordan Not need Pippen?

Did Stockton not need Malone?

Did Shaq not need Kobe?

Did Shaq not need Wade?

Did Lebron not need a whole bunch of Jokers and the league's officials?

When you look up the guy in the dictionary...  The first definition is this..

Michael Jordan | Chicago Bulls | NBA.com

The second definition is this...

Kobe Bryant dies at 41 - news and tributes

But somewhere down the line you see this guy...

Trae Young Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

He's a guy that can take a franchise that has only been to the ECF once to the ECFs and win 2 games while he's playing...

You realize that this man who you say is not the guy had us within 2 games of going to the finals...

And we would have beaten Phoenix. 

Noble, when we have the parade, you're going to have to write an apology to Trae. 

Think of it this way. You need a “Jordan” to Trae’s Pippen. Or a “Kobe” to Trae’s Shaq….however. 

Again, maybe he gets there. But until he’s more consistent it’s what it is. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Is that why Ja averaged 30/5/8 on 48/32/80 splits with only 3.6 turnovers against the Jazz in his first ever playoff series? You know, the number 1 defense out west? 

Ja career playoffs (14 games) - 28.2/6.9/9.2 with 1.4 steals, 0.3 blocks, and 3.5 turnovers on .458/.333/.756 shooting.

Trae career playoffs (21 games) - 25.6/3.3/8.7 with 1.1 steals, 0 blocks, and 4.5 turnovers on .402/.286/.850 shooting

Trae probably is the better individual player right now given his scoring and playmaking ability but I do love how much pressure Ja puts on a defense by attacking the rim and how much that opens the floor up for others. 

There are gigantic physical differences between Ja and Trae that the latter just cannot overcome. I also like Ja energy/ leadership, and hustle on the floor.

You really cant go wrong with either player...Will depend on the other 4 players surrounding them.

Sounds like you value the 14-21 games of playoff ball over the last 3 regular seasons.  Ja is currently at his normal .565% TS% this year even with his great start.  He still hasn't put anything together that approaches Trae's production in the regular season.  It is a huge gap.  Go look at their WS, WAR, etc. numbers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sounds like you value the 14-21 games of playoff ball over the last 3 regular seasons.  Ja is currently at his normal .565% TS% this year even with his great start.  He still hasn't put anything together that approaches Trae's production in the regular season.  It is a huge gap.  Go look at their WS, WAR, etc. numbers.

My response wasnt just about numbers..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, noble said:

Think of it this way. You need a “Jordan” to Trae’s Pippen. Or a “Kobe” to Trae’s Shaq….however. 

Again, maybe he gets there. But until he’s more consistent it’s what it is. 

It's really sad that you can't see "The Guy" in Trae... I mean what's he gotta do??

Last year, he led the league in Assists and Points.  First time that that has been accomplished since 1975.

Think about it...

• Not Kidd
  • Not Nash
  • Not Stockton
  • Not Lebron
  • Not Dame
  • Not Steph
  • Not Harden
  • Not Luka
  • Not Ja
  • Not Isaiah
  • Not Magic
  • Not Magic
  • Not Magic
  • Not Jordan

If you consider any of those the guy, then you're just being a hypocrite Noble.

Right now, he's 2nd in Assists and he's averaging 25.4 ppg...  

What exactly is your requirement for being "The Guy" because obviously it has nothing to do with scoring and assisting...

• Like 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

On the question, if i was starting a team today, my concern with Ja would be that without the insane hops how good of a player is he?  

And whether his style of play makes him more injury prone.  He has yet to play 70 games in a season and missed 25 games last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2022 at 6:35 AM, Diesel said:

It's really sad that you can't see "The Guy" in Trae... I mean what's he gotta do??

Last year, he led the league in Assists and Points.  First time that that has been accomplished since 1975.

Think about it...

• Not Kidd
  • Not Nash
  • Not Stockton
  • Not Lebron
  • Not Dame
  • Not Steph
  • Not Harden
  • Not Luka
  • Not Ja
  • Not Isaiah
  • Not Magic
  • Not Magic
  • Not Magic
  • Not Jordan

If you consider any of those the guy, then you're just being a hypocrite Noble.

Right now, he's 2nd in Assists and he's averaging 25.4 ppg...  

What exactly is your requirement for being "The Guy" because obviously it has nothing to do with scoring and assisting...

Take over games consistently. Consistency is the key. 

Now there are questions about his maturity as the leader of the team. 

I know fans really want to believe in him, I’d love to see a title for this team. I’m not sure he can be the number one option for a team. He can be your number 2, and be a top flight 2 at that. 

all about consistency though. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, noble said:

Take over games consistently. Consistency is the key. 

Now there are questions about his maturity as the leader of the team. 

I know fans really want to believe in him, I’d love to see a title for this team. I’m not sure he can be the number one option for a team. He can be your number 2, and be a top flight 2 at that. 

all about consistency though. 

Take over games consistently...  CHECK...

If you can't see Trae consistently taking over games, there's not much left to be said.   Sometimes, we build these strongholds and they block us from seeing the truth. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 12/1/2022 at 2:43 PM, Wretch said:

Apparently I am not...ROFL!!!!!!!!!

We must promote and protect this man at all costs! 
🤣👍🏾

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Apparently I am not...ROFL!!!!!!!!!

We must promote and protect this man at all costs! 
🤣👍🏾

Ja does it blatantly and apparently same with Giannis. I hadn’t noticed Giannis as much as I’m always in awe of his body.. I MEAN… ummmmmm…. 🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ja does it blatantly and apparently same with Giannis. I hadn’t noticed Giannis as much as I’m always in awe of his body.. I MEAN… ummmmmm…. 🏃‍♀️ 

You take the carry away from Ja and he might not blow past anybody ever again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:06 PM, Diesel said:

Take over games consistently...  CHECK...

If you can't see Trae consistently taking over games, there's not much left to be said.   Sometimes, we build these strongholds and they block us from seeing the truth. 

It’s shown by all the amazing success thus far. Maybe the 23rd most consistent player in the NBA last season, maybe he can repeat being too 10 in efficiency for the first time. 

Again, maybe he’ll get there. You believe he is. We won’t agree on this. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, noble said:

It’s shown by all the amazing success thus far. Maybe the 23rd most consistent player in the NBA last season, maybe he can repeat being too 10 in efficiency for the first time. 

Again, maybe he’ll get there. You believe he is. We won’t agree on this. 

Goal Post Moving GIF - Goal Post Moving - Discover & Share GIFs