• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are probably a play in team again….

JTB

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shakes said:

This is the kind of homer post that really annoys me.  The usual case of blind homerism where you give your own team an excuse without allowing the other teams to have the same excuse.  Saem shit as last year when apparently we were the only team in the league who dealt with COVID and injuries.

2 wins vs Milwaukee = No Middleton for game 1, no Middleton or Holiday for game 2

W vs Denver = No MPJ

W vs Knicks = first of all, who cares, its the Knick.  Second of all, we beat them early in the year when they were still starting Fournier and we were full strength.  Then they got better and recently kicked the crap out of us.

W vs Pelicans = squeaked out an OT win at home when we had all our starters.

W vs Raps = no Siakim and we barely squeaked by with OT win at home.  Earlier in the year they beat us by 30. Also, they are terrible this year so why are they even listed here?

W vs Kings = woohoo, we beat the Kings at home!  Also, we had all our starters healhty and playing so once again this win shouldn't have been listed.

W vs Bulls  = Seriously?

Diesel, you should be embarrassed for posting such hypocritical Boolshite.

We didn't have Bogi for the Knick win. 

The Kings...  At this point, I guess you don't see Bogi as a member of our team or you don't respect him.  Because he didn't play in that game. 

2ndly, No Middleton should be the Bucks pet name.  The Milwaukee "No Middleton" Bucks.   They are 18-8 without him this season.   So they are still a very formidable team without Middleton. 

You said Denver... No MPJ...  Are you kidding.   We had No Bogi, No JC... AND NO TRAE for that game.  Who do you think missed their players more?

For most of the season, we have had 1 or 2 key players not playing.   Therefore for us to be on the top side of .500...  It's not bad. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Our ceiling is the 6th seed unless something changes.

Boston is in its own class. MIL and BKN have the talent and experience to coast and still be top 4 teams.

Philly and Cleveland have something going and seem to have figured it out.

We realistically should have been in the mix with Philly and Cleveland this season. But instead are hanging around with the Knicks and Pacers.

Not to mention the Heat who have dominated our division for years and are just sitting right there a half a game back. They could flip a switch at any moment and jump up in the standings.

I can agree with you about 6th or 5th seed. 

I don't think Boston is that unflappable.   I think they will concede the top spot.   I think if all were healthy, this is how it would be:

1.  Milwaukee.

2.   Boston

3.  Brooklyn 

4.  Cleveland

5.   Philly

6.  NY, Atlanta, Toronto, Miami, Indiana, Chicago

My feeling is that the top 3 will be the top 3 no matter what.   However, I think that there's a lot of possibilities with 4-11.   Embiid and Harden are a dangerous combination.   But Philly has enjoyed good health recently.   If ever we get to good health.. it's going to be interesting.   And Cleveland is probably the healthiest team in the league so far.  But what happens when All of Atlanta's key players are healthy?  I guess we have to wait and find out. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can agree with you about 6th or 5th seed. 

I don't think Boston is that unflappable.   I think they will concede the top spot.   I think if all were healthy, this is how it would be:

1.  Milwaukee.

2.   Boston

3.  Brooklyn 

4.  Cleveland

5.   Philly

6.  NY, Atlanta, Toronto, Miami, Indiana, Chicago

My feeling is that the top 3 will be the top 3 no matter what.   However, I think that there's a lot of possibilities with 4-11.   Embiid and Harden are a dangerous combination.   But Philly has enjoyed good health recently.   If ever we get to good health.. it's going to be interesting.   And Cleveland is probably the healthiest team in the league so far.  But what happens when All of Atlanta's key players are healthy?  I guess we have to wait and find out. 

The way i look at it is the team with 2 of the 3 best players in a series usually comes out on top.  We aren't even close to having 2 of the 3 best compared to those top 3 and right now the Cavs and Philly are both better in that measure.  The rest are debatable.  So basically we need Murray to really step up.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

But it always takes time for a new coach and new system to gel especially a first time HC.    We're a year and half into the Nate with 4 out of 5 of the same starters.  

Kev is gone.  Gallo is gone.   Wright is Gone.  Cam is gone.  Lou is gone.   Solomon is gone. 

Since Nate has been coach, these are 6 people who he had invested a lot of PT to... chiefest being Kev.   But let's not diminish the role that Gallo played.  So to start the year with no Bogi is sorta like starting the year with 3 starters returning and a whole new bench. 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We didn't have Bogi for the Knick win. 

The Kings...  At this point, I guess you don't see Bogi as a member of our team or you don't respect him.  Because he didn't play in that game. 

2ndly, No Middleton should be the Bucks pet name.  The Milwaukee "No Middleton" Bucks.   They are 18-8 without him this season.   So they are still a very formidable team without Middleton. 

You said Denver... No MPJ...  Are you kidding.   We had No Bogi, No JC... AND NO TRAE for that game.  Who do you think missed their players more?

For most of the season, we have had 1 or 2 key players not playing.   Therefore for us to be on the top side of .500...  It's not bad. 

You stated that we haven't been healthy all year and still beat a bunch of good teams.  You failed to mention that those teams we played all were missing players as well.   I pointed out your hypocrisy.

Nothing you just wrote changes any of that.    I also pointed out the games where other teams were missing players and we had all 5 starters.  Bogi isn't a starter.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But Philly has enjoyed good health recently.   If ever we get to good health.. it's going to be interesting.   And Cleveland is probably the healthiest team in the league so far.  But what happens when All of Atlanta's key players are healthy?  I guess we have to wait and find out. 

Philly's 3rd best player Maxey has been out for a month.     Would you claim we were enjoying good health if JC was currently out for a month?  

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Kev is gone.  Gallo is gone.   Wright is Gone.  Cam is gone.  Lou is gone.   Solomon is gone. 

Since Nate has been coach, these are 6 people who he had invested a lot of PT to... chiefest being Kev.   But let's not diminish the role that Gallo played.  So to start the year with no Bogi is sorta like starting the year with 3 starters returning and a whole new bench. 

Except we had 4 starters returning plus OO.   I'm not sure the point you're making here though.  I agree not having Bogi off the bench was a huge issue for us but i'm not seeing where our roster changes should have been such a big deal to warrant the crummy play we've seen.   

I think we have 3 problems and they are the same 3 problems we had last year.   At least one of these needs to be addressed either through improved play or changes.   

1. weak bench

2. weak wings

3. iffy coaching

AJ's emergence and Bogi's return has the chance to help both the first 2 but it will take a lot of consistency and health (that's been a big issue for 3 years).  But there's still a veteran and toughness void off the bench. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Disagree with that.  I thought he was real solid and much better than what they had. 

Nawl... He could barely hit a three pointer and he didn't improve their offense enough to say he was a difference maker.  Josh Richardson wasn't that much off of what White offered.   Hell, he could hit a three. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nawl... He could barely hit a three pointer and he didn't improve their offense enough to say he was a difference maker.  Josh Richardson wasn't that much off of what White offered.   Hell, he could hit a three. 

And yet they preferred White, gave him all JRs minutes +, and won more with him. 

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The way i look at it is the team with 2 of the 3 best players in a series usually comes out on top.  We aren't even close to having 2 of the 3 best compared to those top 3 and right now the Cavs and Philly are both better in that measure.  The rest are debatable.  So basically we need Murray to really step up.  

Let's see...

20-21...

Randle, Barrett, Rose  vs.  JC, Trae, and Bogi

or

Embiid, Simmons, Harris vs. JC, Trae, and Bogi

At the time, your theory would say.. we should have been obliterated. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's see...

20-21...

Randle, Barrett, Rose  vs.  JC, Trae, and Bogi

or

Embiid, Simmons, Harris vs. JC, Trae, and Bogi

At the time, your theory would say.. we should have been obliterated. 

Disagree.  There is no clear #3 especially against the Knicks.  Bogi and JC were way better than 20-21 Rose or Randle.    I do think Harris is better than JC but in 20-21 not many people would have made that trade straight up.   It was close enough.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And yet they preferred White, gave him all JRs minutes +, and won more with him. 

They did.   They were already in the midst of their streak when they got White.     They got White on Feb 10...  They had already won 8 of their last 9 before White was traded for. 

Romero Lankford and Josh Richardson made more of an impact than White did. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Disagree.  There is no clear #3 especially against the Knicks.  Bogi and JC were way better than 20-21 Rose or Randle.    I do think Harris is better than JC but in 20-21 not many people would have made that trade straight up.   It was close enough.

How soon we forget...  Rose was a ~15 ppg player when we played them.     Hell he got an MVP vote...

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They did.   They were already in the midst of their streak when they got White.     They got White on Feb 10...  They had already won 8 of their last 9 before White was traded for. 

Romero Lankford and Josh Richardson made more of an impact than White did. 

I'm not sure what you mean by impact but they were 31-25 when they traded those 2 for White and they went 20-6 the rest of the way.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

How soon we forget...  Rose was a ~15 ppg player when we played them.     Hell he got an MVP vote...

I don't know what to tell you if you think 20-21 Derrick Rose was clearly better than 20-21 Bogi.  we'll just have to disagree.  Rose was amazing in the void that was the dumbest team in the league.  

Thibs road Rose so hard in the playoffs series that he could barely finish most games.  In the closeout he managed 6 points.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not sure what you mean by impact but they were 31-25 when they traded those 2 for White and they went 20-6 the rest of the way.  

They had already won 8 of their last 9 before White was traded for. 

There resurgence had more to do with Brown being healthy than anything that White did.   Like I said, the players that they sent away made a bigger offensive and defensive impact than White did. 

Here are the facts. Josh Richardson is a better shooter than Derrick White, and aside from Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, he was the best shooter on this team. Richardson is 6’5” with a 7-foot wingspan, White is 6’4” with a 6’8” wingspan. White was never asked to defend wings in San Antonio. Richardson did that regularly, and now there’s no wing depth with Langford gone, too.

That's one writer/fan's opinion. 

What happened is that White had Ok numbers that fell in line with what Richardson were doing.   Except Richardson shot the ball a whole lot better.   

This guy does a dive into the trade to see who won...

His conclusion is that it depends on the Pick and if Langford can stay healthy in the future.   What that really suggests is that White for Richardson is somewhat a draw.  or that White may have been slightly better which is what I have been telling you.. but not as a shooter. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know what to tell you if you think 20-21 Derrick Rose was clearly better than 20-21 Bogi.  we'll just have to disagree.  Rose was amazing in the void that was the dumbest team in the league.  

Thibs road Rose so hard in the playoffs series that he could barely finish most games.  In the closeout he managed 6 points.  

I said that the combo of Randle, Rose, and Barrett were higher thought of than that of Trae, JC and Bogi in 2021. 

This Bogi vs. Rose??? I don't know where you're getting that...  All I said is that Rose had a resurgence year in 2021.   So much so that he got a first place MVP vote. 

That's AT THAT TIME.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I said that the combo of Randle, Rose, and Barrett were higher thought of than that of Trae, JC and Bogi in 2021. 

This Bogi vs. Rose??? I don't know where you're getting that...  All I said is that Rose had a resurgence year in 2021.   So much so that he got a first place MVP vote. 

That's AT THAT TIME.

I said we had 2 of the 3 best players on the court against the Knicks in that series and you seemed to disagree with that.