• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm mad at Bogi....

Diesel

3 hours ago, shakes said:

Bogi makes Trae look like Gary Payton Sr.   And besides, Bogi doesn’t have half the usage Trae does so he get cut a little slack on the defensive end.  No excuse for Bogi to be completely mailing it in on the defensive end.

Trae is the WOAT, Trae will always be the worst on that end. He gets brutalized. Bogi is a lot worse than usual which is bad but no one is close to Trae with being trash on D.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is the WOAT, Trae will always be the worst on that end. He gets brutalized. Bogi is a lot worse than usual which is bad but no one is close to Trae with being trash on D.

I disagree that Trae is worse than Bogi on defense.    Trae tries a lot more than Bogi.  That said, I would never classify Trae as a high effort defensive player which says a lot mroe about Bogi than Trae.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Funny how I created a thread about Bogie and his defense 2 years ago and got schreaded! My how things have changed. It's politically correct to say these things now lol!

You claimed he was a worthless player two years ago when he was not just good but amazing on offense and when he was much better on D than he is this season.  Then you refused to engage with anyone about he got hurt and his play dropped off in the playoffs.  You cannot claim the moral high ground on Bogi after that disappearing act. 

Two years ago, Bogi's combination of offense and defense that season was plenty good enough for us.  If we could get 2020-21 Bogi back, it would be a huge boon to this team.  But right now neither his offense nor his defense is close to as good as it was during the season in which you made that thread.  This season is his first where he is a net negative on the floor.  Naturally as his play changes so do people's opinions on whether he is a contributor or not.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, AHF said:

You claimed he was a worthless player two years ago when he was not just good but amazing on offense and when he was much better on D than he is this season.  Then you refused to engage with anyone about he got hurt and his play dropped off in the playoffs.  You cannot claim the moral high ground on Bogi after that disappearing act. 

Two years ago, Bogi's combination of offense and defense that season was plenty good enough for us.  If we could get 2020-21 Bogi back, it would be a huge boon to this team.  But right now neither his offense nor his defense is close to as good as it was during the season in which you made that thread.  This season is his first where he is a net negative on the floor.  Naturally as his play changes so do people's opinions on whether he is a contributor or not.

For the record, I made that thread during the playoffs when he sucked terribly and was getting lit up by Derrick Rose

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

For the record, I made that thread during the playoffs when he sucked terribly and was getting lit up by Derrick Rose

Sorry.  I'll correct myself.  You created the thread during the playoffs after he was hurting and struggling more to engage with people after you refused to talk about Bogi with them many times when he was doing great.  The posts you made prior to the playoffs where you trashed him and then refused to talk with anyone about him were along these lines:

(Playoffs Started May 23)

On 3/12/2021 at 6:56 AM, Peoriabird said:

This guy is worse than even I thought he would be. Moves like an old man on the court and can't shoot. At this point we would be lucky to get a late 2nd round pick for him but more than likely we would have give up assets to give rid of this terrible signing.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:31 PM, Peoriabird said:

Bogi looks worse than Reddish.  Reddish just does dumb things but bogi looks like he is limited Physically.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:01 PM, Peoriabird said:

If the team was fully healthy, I can't imagine [Bogi] getting more than 18 minutes per game unless the coach want to completely shut down players like Huerter and Reddish which I don't recommend.

Reference Note:  Bogi in April 2021 averaged 21.9 ppg on .490% FG%, .483% 3pt%, .633% TS%, 4.5 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.3 spg

On 3/11/2021 at 10:20 PM, Peoriabird said:

Now Nate...You're gonna have to give up on Bogi!  The guy can't play a lick!  I'd rather see Skyler Mays!

On 3/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, Peoriabird said:

Bogi is horrible!!!

On 3/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, Peoriabird said:

Bogi is sorry!

Etc.

Lots of people tried to talk to you about your prior posts on Bogi when he was burning it up in April and May but you engaged with very little of that.  I did misremember that you were calling him worthless (or worse than Skyler Mays anyway) on your own thread when you were doing it on other threads that other people started.  So sorry for the mistake on that part.

Your thread was posted on June 18th.  Bogi was already injured at the time you posted it and after two months of ignoring people who tried to talk with you about your prior posts you finally emerged to claim he was "one trick pony who doesn't do that well" i.e., he was a poor shooter.  Naturally you both ignored his career shooting statistics to that point (250 games of 39% 3pt shooting) and the injury in making your assessment.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Sorry.  I'll correct myself.  You created the thread during the playoffs after he was hurting and struggling more to engage with people after you refused to talk about Bogi with them many times when he was doing great.  The posts you made prior to the playoffs where you trashed him and then refused to talk with anyone about him were along these lines:

(Playoffs Started May 23)

Reference Note:  Bogi in April 2021 averaged 21.9 ppg on .490% FG%, .483% 3pt%, .633% TS%, 4.5 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.3 spg

Etc.

Lots of people tried to talk to you about your prior posts on Bogi when he was burning it up in April and May but you engaged with very little of that.  I did misremember that you were calling him worthless (or worse than Skyler Mays anyway) on your own thread when you were doing it on other threads that other people started.  So sorry for the mistake on that part.

Your thread was posted on June 18th.  Bogi was already injured at the time you posted it and after two months of ignoring people who tried to talk with you about your prior posts you finally emerged to claim he was "one trick pony who doesn't do that well" i.e., he was a poor shooter.  Naturally you both ignored his career shooting statistics to that point (250 games of 39% 3pt shooting) and the injury in making your assessment.  

So are you going to give credit for being right about him or what?

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So are you going to give credit for being right about him or what?

Were you right to prefer Skyler Mays to him in a season where he put up career highs in basically every stat?

Where you right to say he was a one trick pony who couldn't do that one trick well (i.e., to say he couldn't shoot) in a season in which he ended up at a .616% TS% based on 47.3% FG%, 43.8% 3pt% and 90.9% FT%?  

No.  Not even close.

Fun fact:

Trae career assist to turnover ratio:

2.24:1

Bogi

2.26:1

Bogi is a much better playmaker than given credit for.  And shooter for that matter.  Ranks highly in deflections and three pointers contested.  Not trying to make anyone like Bogi or nothing, there’s only a handful of players I’d defend.  But I appreciate the guy, always have.  

You could fill an event hall with all the players worse than him that make more than $18M. 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...