I'm mad at Bogi....


Diesel
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Premium Member

Bogi is a guy that can shoot .400 from the 3pt line (consistently)..

but 

  1. Plays no defense. 
  2. Thinks he is a ball handler
  3. Ball hogs.

I want to start a ban to put an end to ISOBOGI.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

You had me at the thread title.    Guy is one of the biggest frauds in the sport.

But he is one of the best three point shooters in the game. 

In 5 seasons with the Hawks Kyle Korver shot 45.2% from three.   I really believe that Korver's three point shooting is what was the energy behind our 60 win season.   

Bogi can be that. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But he is one of the best three point shooters in the game. 

In 5 seasons with the Hawks Kyle Korver shot 45.2% from three.   I really believe that Korver's three point shooting is what was the energy behind our 60 win season.   

Bogi can be that. 

 

I don't care about his shooting.   That's not the issue.  The problem is he is a completely negative player in every other aspect of the game.  And not just negative, but league worst in some of those aspects like defense and effort.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

I don't care about his shooting.   That's not the issue.  The problem is he is a completely negative player in every other aspect of the game.  And not just negative, but league worst in some of those aspects like defense and effort.

 

There is another side to basketball beyond shooting and you nailed it.  You don't have to be a "hater" to state facts.  I like Bogi enough but someone gave him the idea that he's got the green light no matter what.  Iso-Bogi is not an ideal offensive strategy to me when defensive Bogi is worse than watching James Harden play defense. Putrid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
Just now, deester11 said:

There is another side to basketball beyond shooting and you nailed it.  You don't have to be a "hater" to state facts.  I like Bogi enough but someone gave him the idea that he's got the green light no matter what.  Iso-Bogi is not an ideal offensive strategy to me when defensive Bogi is worse than watching James Harden play defense. Putrid.

Eh, Iso Bogi is still much more efficient than ISO DJM so...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Eh, Iso Bogi is still much more efficient than ISO DJM so...

Yeah.  Want to know who gives him the idea to ISO?  Nate.  Because he looks at all the other options and decides that's his best bet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Statistically outside of Trae it is easily. 

I guess.  I just don't find it very efficient or entertaining or winning basketball watching Bogi kill the offense if he's not on.  The slogan "know WHEN to say WHEN" applies to Bogi.  His offense is his redeeming factor...that turnstile defense is malpractice.😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Tonight Bogi tried to fight the urge to be ISOBOGI because he was off all night.   And when he couldn't stand it no more, Nate pulled him. 

Good Move Nate!!

This is Bogi in the 4th quarter fighting the ISOBOGI DEMON...

Hold-back GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bogi is in the 100th percentile in isolation scoring:

C2E878D5-EA79-4425-9EDE-1438A04C533D.thumb.png.d5eb045dc037092333ff51949bef0a8a.png
 

You can dislike the notion of it, cool.  You can’t knock the efficiency when he does though.  It certainly doesn’t look that way at times.

Cole Anthony is in the 0th (is that a word?) percentile of course.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
12 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Bogi is in the 100th percentile in isolation scoring:

C2E878D5-EA79-4425-9EDE-1438A04C533D.thumb.png.d5eb045dc037092333ff51949bef0a8a.png
 

You can dislike the notion of it, cool.  You can’t knock the efficiency when he does though.  It certainly doesn’t look that way at times.

Cole Anthony is in the 0th (is that a word?) percentile of course.

Look at A-a-ron who is 4th on the list.  Tells us all we need to know about Nate’s offense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

This is tough to watch - but Nate still plays him sooooo many minutes......................

 

36 13 2022-12-30 30-134 ATL   LAL L (-9) 0 33:32 7 19 .368 3 12 .250 0 0   0 4 4 3 0 1 0 1 17 10.1 -14
37 14 2023-01-02 30-137 ATL @ GSW L (-2) 0 43:15 9 16 .563 3 6 .500 0 0   0 3 3 3 1 1 1 2 21 16.3 +6
38 15 2023-01-04 30-139 ATL @ SAC W (+3) 0 32:05 7 13 .538 3 7 .429 0 0   2 6 8 3 1 0 0 2 17 16.2 -1
39 16 2023-01-06 30-141 ATL @ LAL L (-16) 0 29:02 3 7 .429 0 3 .000 4 4 1.000 0 3 3 2 1 1 2 3 10 7.1 -24
40 17 2023-01-08 30-143 ATL @ LAC W (+4) 0 25:57 2 13 .154 0 7 .000 0 0   0 4 4 5 1 0 1 1 4 0.0 +5
Rk G Date Age Tm   Opp   GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
41 18 2023-01-11 30-146 ATL   MIL L (-9) 0 39:34 9 18 .500 3 8 .375 1 2 .500 0 3 3 5 2 0 2 2 22 16.2 +7
42 19 2023-01-13 30-148 ATL @ IND W (+2) 0 26:43 2 9 .222 0 4 .000 0 0   0 3 3 2 0 0 1 2 4 -1.0 -12
43   2023-01-14 30-149 ATL @ TOR W (+11) Did Not Dress
44 20 2023-01-16 30-151 ATL   MIA W (+8) 0 30:53 2 11 .182 2 5 .400 2 2 1.000 0 1 1 5 2 0 0 1 8 6.5 +10
45 21 2023-01-18 30-153 ATL @ DAL W (+8) 0 32:36 5 13 .385 2 8 .250 0 0   1 2 3 5 1 0 1 3 12 8.5 +6
46 22 2023-01-20 30-155 ATL   NYK W (+15) 0 23:57 6 12 .500 2 8 .250 0 0   1 1 2 2 0 0 0 2 14 9.6 +8
47   2023-01-21 30-156 ATL   CHO L (-4) Inactive
48 23 2023-01-23 30-158 ATL @ CHI L (-11) 1 32:43 4 12 .333 3 8 .375 0 0   1 0 1 4 1 0 2 3 11 5.5 -2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Neither does Trae play any defense either.  

Bogi makes Trae look like Gary Payton Sr.   And besides, Bogi doesn’t have half the usage Trae does so he get cut a little slack on the defensive end.  No excuse for Bogi to be completely mailing it in on the defensive end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.