The Prunty Era Begins!...and Ends after going 2-0. CONGRATS!!!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He must've come to practice with them oversized shorts and they were like, "Nah, I'm out." 

agreed.  Those are the shorts I wear around the house when i just want to be comfortable and I don't plan on seeing anyone in public.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Prunty has a winning percentage of 58% in the Reg Season and 42.9% in the playoffs. 

I don't see why he isn't being considered for a HC job.   

I've heard he's not a "splashy" hire.

Maybe he needs some type of nickname or something to help his cause...

Well, right now, we're playing Pruntyball.   Looks good on the court.

BTW, Quin Snyder = 58.5% reg and 41% playoffs.

Prunty... No Punty!!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Prunty has a winning percentage of 58% in the Reg Season and 42.9% in the playoffs. 

I don't see why he isn't being considered for a HC job.   

I've heard he's not a "splashy" hire.

Maybe he needs some type of nickname or something to help his cause...

Well, right now, we're playing Pruntyball.   Looks good on the court.

BTW, Quin Snyder = 58.5% reg and 41% playoffs.

Prunty... No Punty!!

just curious, what are teh sample sizes on those?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Breaking News - Quin Snyder hired to be Joe Prunty's assistant. :ph34r: :laugh1:

And Nate brought back to be the guy in charge of managing Prunty's baggy shorts collection.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, shakes said:

just curious, what are teh sample sizes on those?

And Nate brought back to be the guy in charge of managing Prunty's baggy shorts collection.

38 games regular.   7 games playoffs. 

Grades from Milwaukee:

COACHING

Considering the Bucks are currently going through a coaching search, it's apparent that the team's front office and ownership viewed coaching as an area of weakness this season.

Kidd, in his fourth season at the helm, was let go after 45 games with the Bucks just a game over .500 at 23-22. Coming off a playoff berth with the team banking on continuity, the Bucks didn't demonstrate they had taken a discernable step forward under Kidd, still struggling with inconsistency. Not enough players were progressing under his tutelage and there were certainly some feelings of frustration and discontent in the locker room.

Prunty, with a calmer demeanor and a style that emphasized teaching and communication, had the difficult task of taking over. He handled his first head-coaching gig well, guiding the Bucks to a 21-16 record to close the regular season, but it wasn't totally clear that he had the full attention of his players who continued to fall into the same mistakes on the court.

In the playoffs, the Bucks ran into the Celtics and leading coach of the year candidate Brad Stevens and the difference between Stevens and Prunty proved critical in the series. Stevens had the attention of his players, knew who to put in at the right times and made enough adjustments to close out the series despite being undermanned throughout.

Prunty definitely made some positive adjustments, too, reviving Thon Maker in with Game 3, making changes to the defense to promote switching and giving Parker the chance to turn things around. But in Game 7, Prunty was unable to find any answers. The Bucks' defense had reverted to earlier bad habits, the offense couldn't do anything in the halfcourt and Prunty went deep into the bench to concoct numerous surprising lineup combinations that didn't pan out.

As the Bucks search for their next head coach, they'll be looking for someone who can maximize the team's talent, something that didn't happen this season. 

• Premium Member

Prunty also coached the GB National Team...

Joe Prunty is heading to familiar territory as the Milwaukee Bucks travel to London for an appearance in the NBA Global Games on Thursday.

The Bucks assistant coach also happens to be the Great Britain national team basketball coach, a job he has held for the past two years.

"I've enjoyed it thoroughly," said Prunty, the lead assistant for Bucks coach Jason Kidd. "But it's constant development and it's constant communication.

"We've had some unique challenges. It has helped me tremendously as a coach."

Great Britain was missing some of its top talent — including Miami Heat forward Luol Deng — during EuroBasket qualifying last summer and failed to reach the 2015 EuroBasket competition.

But Prunty's position has given him a window to see the global game. He said England's under-20 men's team has improved greatly and the women's team has performed well in European competition.

"The sport is growing not only in London but all over Europe," Prunty said. "Basketball is growing leaps and bounds."