• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Prunty Era Begins!...and Ends after going 2-0. CONGRATS!!!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Best of luck to Joe, should be cool seeing someone who actually runs plays at the helm. Presuming Prunty was in favor of development, it'll be nice seeing JJ a bit more unleashed as well  

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, shakes said:

This guy's a coach?  I thought for sure he was the team accountant and for some reason that's an on bench position.

Ok.  I thought i was going to have to kick you off the site (i have that power) but this bought you another week.  LOL. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Jamelle is staying on WTF. But his daddy wanted to burn 🔥 this mutha down… :huh:

That’s kind of awkward isn’t it? 

If he wants any future jobs in the NBA, he stays. He doesn't have a big enough name or reputation to quit just because his dad got fired. He shouldn't have been hired anyway. Better cash those nepotism checks while he can. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, akay said:

Best of luck to Joe, should be cool seeing someone who actually runs plays at the helm. Presuming Prunty was in favor of development, it'll be nice seeing JJ a bit more unleashed as well  

I don't know how we can develop JJ more with Bey on the roster. Injuries withstanding I can't see JJ getting more than 10-12 mins a game at most. We would have to cut JC and Dre's time down to get JJ mins.

If Prunty coaches to matchups and not just rotations, then JJ may be ok, with more DNP-CD's but more mpg when he does play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

If he wants any future jobs in the NBA, he stays. He doesn't have a big enough name or reputation to quit just because his dad got fired. He shouldn't have been hired anyway. Better cash those nepotism checks while he can. 

I agree each individual should be treated with a separate file amongst family but it’s still gonna be weird. He seems like a good kid, not sure how well he knows the game. Wishing the best for him.

• Like 4

Several things to ponder:

Who were the coaches who disagreed with Nate?  We've been assured by Sothron that this did happen.  Trae sided with the assistant coaches and got in bad with Nate.  Was Joe among the coaches?  I hope so!

How different will the substution pattern be now?  Will there be a smooth flow instead of a stated sub series?  

Jalen Johnson seems to be a point of contention.  G League coaches were full of praise for his play at the end of last season. He mostly passed the eye test for Squawk posters.  Yet Nate gave him - Did not play, coaches decision.  This was after the disagreement.  Why?

Hawks begin the "after the all star game" part of their season by facing one of the big four in the east 
Friday night as the Calvaliers drop in for a visit.  With Joe now holding the reins, how will this Hawk team respond?  Will we play defense?  Go after loose balls?  Will the offense actually run plays?

What about the new Hawks that were added at the trade deadline?  Will they help?  Will Joe use them?

Looking forward to Friday night, hoping to begin to find answers to some of these questions!!

🧑‍🔧Constructing a new team continues under Joe Prunty!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is such a dead end job for Joe. You win, no respect, you lose its because everyone knows you aren't for long. 

he gets to put NBA head coach on his resume so I wouldn't call it a dead end job.  Maybe dead end with the Hawks, but it will open a lot of doors for him in the coaching community.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is such a dead end job for Joe. You win, no respect, you lose its because everyone knows you aren't for long. 

Not really.  If things go bad, we can say, He tried.  If things go well, NBA people will notice - - "See what he did!"  Optimist see the glass half full.  Pessimist see the glass already half empty.

It all comes down to your point of view.  Is Joe's glass half empty or half full??

😉

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, shakes said:

he gets to put NBA head coach on his resume so I wouldn't call it a dead end job.  Maybe dead end with the Hawks, but it will open a lot of doors for him in the coaching community.

Uhm.. he's done that before.   He took Milwaukee into the second round of the playoffs. 

As a HC, he won 57% of his games. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Uhm.. he's done that before.   He took Milwaukee into the second round of the playoffs. 

As a HC, he won 57% of his games. 

and now he's getting another chance.    Would he have gotten this chance if he didn't already do it once in Milwaukee?