• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Play-in implications for the draft lottery

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't see CHI coming back tonite.  If TOR shows up, it'll be fun to watch what they do to MIA.

Ya I think the Raps could push the Bucks to 6.

ps @JayBirdHawk Alan Anderson has been replaced as punch 🤛 face President with newly appointed Alex Caruso as the head man. 

Can anyone tell me they see his bitter beer 🍺 face and not wanna smack it? :sarcastic:

• Haha 2

Lavine went supernova.

Also, it's amazing watching these supposed better players being totally unable to handle the double teams that are thrown at Trae yet folks give an outsized level of criticism to him when he struggles against them.  Van vleet can't handle any pressure at all. Same with derozen.

And I tire of hearing how great Barnes is.  He's barely over capela offensively and can't shoot. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

CHI earned it.  Glad we don't gotta GAF about who won this game.  Get some rest.

Also,I used to like Cassidy Hubbarth.  She's soooo ESPN'd now.  Attention-seeking.  Yuck. 

Who you got Pels or Thunder?

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

And, like clockwork, OKC goes on a run ... 

my boi CJ played horribly. Thunder were an impressive team all year to me. 

Crazy that 3/4 road teams in the play in (Hawks Bulls OKC) all won.  Home court is big in the playoffs but apparently not here.

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

my boi CJ played horribly. Thunder were an impressive team all year to me. 

Crazy that 3/4 road teams in the play in (Hawks Bulls OKC) all won.  Home court is big in the playoffs but apparently not here.

Pelicants are flawed.  They just play hard.  Same with TOR.  In the play-in-offs, everybody plays hard so they lose their advantage.  Have to execute, which isn't their 'thing', so they lose.

With TOR, Barnes is the same player he was at FSU.  That's a red flag no one acknowledges yet and it holds them back.

Obviously NO is held back by zion.  If I was Ingram, I'd be looking to move on.  It'd have to be me or zion.  Can't keep waiting on them to realize he's not gonna save them.

If Hawks can't get Brown, shld we look at Ingram? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

With TOR, Barnes is the same player he was at FSU.  That's a red flag no one acknowledges yet and it holds them back.

He does seem to be making less noise that his trajectory indicated to start his career.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If I was Ingram, I'd be looking to move on.  It'd have to be me or zion. 

Like Slo Mo said to the Wolves regarding him or Rudy the backpedaling fighter :boxing:

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If Hawks can't get Brown, shld we look at Ingram? 

Ya he’s a guy that has developed well. He goes about his business with little to no outside noise. Long versatile dude who is a three level scorer. 

If you said this a couple years ago I was anti Ingram but he is at a point in his career entering his prime. I do like Brown better but on board with acquiring Ingram. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If you said this a couple years ago I was anti Ingram but he is at a point in his career entering his prime. I do like Brown better but on board with acquiring Ingram. 

I’m almost the exact opposite. A couple years ago I thought Ingram was a prime target, but now the price to acquire him will be too high. I’d love to have him, but at what cost?

I like Brown a lot, too, and oddly think his price could be down a smidge from say a year ago, particularly if he puts pressure on the Cs to move him to ATL, which I don’t think Ingram would do. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m almost the exact opposite. A couple years ago I thought Ingram was a prime target, but now the price to acquire him will be too high. I’d love to have him, but at what cost?

I can see that. There was another poster who wanted him a couple years ago but I have that bore on ignore. :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/30/2023 at 4:19 PM, LongTimeFan said:

I definitely worded that part poorly.  I meant to ask if we'd rather avoid what could likely be a first-round blowout against Milwaukee or Boston, and just be in the lottery instead.  Or, is any play-off experience, even like what happened against Miami last year, better than the very, very slim odds of moving up in the draft lottery?

I'm glad we were in the playoffs. We should be playing a G7 today 😢