• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ShamBomb.. Hawks to shut Trae Down for Season

kg01

Per twits...

Clearly there's something wrong with Trae.  His play lately has torpedoed, so the Hawks have decided to follow the Blazers' model with Lillard and shut him down for the remainder of the season.

The date actually bears some significance as, folks who are paying attention know that, it's April 1st and this is quite clearly an April Fool's Day gag.  Hey, I said it was a ShamBomb.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

IT'S AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE TRUE!

In the Hawks visit to NY, all the starters had a (-) next to their names.  The biggest, a (-33) belongs to Trae.  Every time he entered the game, or so it seemed, things went down hill.  JJ came off the bench and had a (-) by his name.  All the other bench guys had a (+) for the game.

Three bench players scored more points than Trae.  He did hit all his free throws or it would have been worse.  There is something wrong with Young.  We know that all NBA teams have plans to stop Trae.  No matter how good their plans are, they shouldn't be able to shut him down as has been the case of late.

In the modern NBA, it's live or die by the three.  Last night The Nets did.  The Hawks didn't.  

Trae needs to miss the next game.  Aaron can do better than Trae has done in our latest losses.  This April Fool's joke has a terrible grain of truth in it!

:smug:

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

This April Fool's joke has a terrible grain of truth in it!

I’m gonna pop the question to the special lady today and before she has a chance to respond I’ll say…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH APRIL FOOL’S TOOTS! 

… this is after putting a fake plastic toy ring 💍 on her finger. :laugh1:

Gramps? Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Per twits...

You’re a tool 🔧… sorry I saw the initial post on the thread and got mad at you again for getting me. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

the problem with this being an April Fools joke is I'm sure there are a good percentage of people who looked at that and said "meh, whatever, see you next year" or even "good" as opposed to being upset about it.

My first reaction was, "damn, wish they did this in November"

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna pop the question to the special lady today and before she has a chance to respond I’ll say…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH APRIL FOOL’S TOOTS! 

… this is after putting a fake plastic toy ring 💍 on her finger. 

You are playing a dangerous game Spud :laugh1:. Would love to see it though. 😆 🤣 😂 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, shakes said:

the problem with this being an April Fools joke is I'm sure there are a good percentage of people who looked at that and said "meh, whatever, see you next year" or even "good" as opposed to being upset about it.

My first reaction was, "damn, wish they did this in November"

The problem with this is IDGAF about any of that, I just wanted to pick a hook in yer cheek.  Mission accomplished, it seems.

18 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Spud:  Some things you can joke about.  This isn't one of them.  Don't propose unless you are serious.  I believe you have already purchased the real ring.  Don't joke about this.  Give her the real ring if she's the real thing.  A man that would do what you are thinking about doing is, in my opinion, the lowest of the low.

Either do it right or don't do it at all.  

:smug:

School em, graym.  I think spud is being facetious though.

@Spud2nique, if you d*ck around with the proposal, she'll make you pay.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but payback gonna come.  And it gonna be wickid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Sorry that this is kinda my (professional) wheelhouse, so I'm gonna be so pretentious/presumptuous as to weigh-in....

Humor is super important in an intimate partner relationship.

But it's at best a distant second to deep trust and trustworthiness... faith that we are a we, and I'm not a fool for believing we are a we. Every thing ever said intending humor has to be measured against the potential damage to trust/trustworthiness, and/or potential gain.

https://ifstudies.org/blog/what-a-groundbreaking-study-on-43-data-sets-reveals-about-relationship-satisfaction

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I believe you have already purchased the real ring. 

You sound like my jeweler. :huh:

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Don't joke about this. 

Indeed. I was only joking to you all. If I do it to her I’m a goner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed. I was only joking to you all. If I do it to her I’m a goner. 

We would get the authorities involved on your behalf if you suddenly disappear.  She won't get away with it, brah! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We would get the authorities involved on your behalf if you suddenly disappear.  She won't get away with it, brah! 

This is true.  We would!

Just know that this would do you no good because she put you away - - Permantly!

🥲

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You are witnesses! :er: Wait that slogan sounds familiar… :huh:  I was a witness to preferential superstar charging calls for 2 decades..:saythat: #LeNotagain

• Like 1