• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We've been spoiled.

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If I"m Boston I'd be very concerned that a team just shot 5-29 from three and only lost by 13 because Boston only scored 38 second half points.   Yeah we laid in an egg in the first half but i ended the game encouraged.   Boston is a great shooting team but they seem soft.  We play like we did in the second half then we are in great shape. 

I'm not going to single anyone out because basically the whole team played like crap individually but they brought some intensity on D in the second half so i'll give them credit.   I should single a few out though because there were a few guys who were laughably terrible.

I know that the thought is that we continue what we did in the second half and we should easily win game two.   Well, Boston is going to be looking at that 2nd half too.   I think what it comes down to is the chess game between Mazzula and Quin and our players abilities to carry out the gameplan. 

I don't think Quin will have a problem out coaching Mazzula.   I just think we have to hit shots.  There's something about the playoffs that they reveal. 

As I look into the eyes of our players, I can't say that any of them don't believe that we won't win.  In fact, it's the exact opposite.   These guys know that we will win this series. 

BUT...  Listen to the other teams guys...

• Memphis is thinking Cancun.   I heard Ja Morant.   He has already quit. 
  • I saw it in Anthony Edwards face... They are on the cancun delight. 

I haven't seen enough of Milwaukee, GS or Brooklyn to say yea or nay...

But our Hawks...

We have that don't quit running all over us.  The first place I saw it was Siddiq Bey... this guy is a keeper.  We down 34.. He's out there scrappy and when you looked in his face, he believed that we could still win game 1.   Thanks to Northcyde for cranking up the rally song.  

We will have to fight for game 2.  It will be a test of how much we want it vs. How much they want it.   One thing I see in the Celtics, they believe that they should be in the finals.   But I don't know if they are ready to fight for it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Well, Boston is going to be looking at that 2nd half too.

The coaches will.   I'm not convinced their players outside of Horford and maybe White have that ability to adapt when the other team changes their strategy or intensity.   We saw it in the second half.  

Don't get me wrong though.  They are more talented than us and much much better shooters.  so it will be tough.  I still think we'll be lucky to win 2 but at the same time i was not impressed with Boston coasting to a win because we missed 20+ open threes.   It's one game but they didn't look like a championship team at all. 

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The issue isn't being spoiled, it's being delusional. 

Trae been ass for years now and his fans will point to raw stats when his decision making wasn't good last year and dropped to extreme degrees this year. 

All of this has made Dre the scapegoat by his fans as they want Dre to be Kawhi Jr when he was never ever Kawhi like. In fact, this is Dre best season on both ends. 

It's hard to continue blaming the Kevin trade because the Bey trade erased that. The issue is, Murray and Trae don't fit. Need the rock and honestly, I'll rather have ole steady Daniel Jones at QB in Murray over extremely stat productive, f*** up productive, Tampa's Jameis Winston. 

I honestly was sold that Trae was a gamer because of his play in heroics and his first playoff run where he showed me he's the next Reggie Miller but honestly, was that all just teams being behind schedule with our 1/5 PnR and realizing isolation Trae isn't a bad play, it's actually a good one for the better defensive teams. And just the playin not really given you time to prep for Trae and single elimination Trae is hard to play against?

It doesn't help all of these teams became better shooters but we vastly regressed at shooting including Trae. 

So now every idiot and blaming their personal scapegoat when in reality, we are f***ed like Chuck with Trae. His lack of improvement compared to others in his draft class has been notable. 

SGA, Brunson, Mikal Bridges, have all gotten a lot better. 

JJJ, Luka, and Kevin been getting better. 

Ayton, Bagley, WCJ, and Sexton seem stuck. 

Trae, Bamba, and Knox seem to gotten worse. 

Maybe Trae fans are right, it's those around Trae. But is Murray really much worse, no than SA. No, he's the same player, just with less touches and he's playing with two rebounding bigs in Atlanta whereas he was playing with bigs like Keldon Johnson and Luka Poetl in SA. His defense seem to get somewhat exposed as he dies on screens as much as Trae. Then again, it wouldn't be so bad if he was the PG where dying on screens is a lot more common. 

Maybe, that was just a bad trade as Trae didn't need another PG to play beside. Can we really win with someone who makes a million bad decisions on possession by possession like Trae and what we saw in the 2021 playoffs might just have been a lie. Maybe it was just 2021 playoff Trae but playoff Trae is just RS Trae with occasional special moments. 

I will support Trae as long as he is here, but there is not much to disagree with in this post (with regard to the Hawks content).  The playbook has been out on how to stop Trae, and Trae has not evolved to beat it.  And his shot selection has not improved -- way too many off balance step back threes, rushed 20 foot mid-rangers, and wild drives that result in blocked shots or turnovers.  He's got to clean that up.  At his size, he has to be a high assist-TO guard that can score efficiently to be effective.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I will support Trae as long as he is here, but there is not much to disagree with in this post (with regard to the Hawks content).  The playbook has been out on how to stop Trae, and Trae has not evolved to beat it.  And his shot selection has not improved -- way too many off balance step back threes, rushed 20 foot mid-rangers, and wild drives that result in blocked shots or turnovers.  He's got to clean that up.  At his size, he has to be a high assist-TO guard that can score efficiently to be effective.

Trae had a bad year.  No sugar coating it but he's missing shots that he's proven he can make consistently in his career.  not just for short stretches.  I also disagree that he was bad last year.  That only shows that the expectations are sky high if that's a bad year.   

I'd make the case that he's surrounded by mediocrity (in an NBA sense).   I love all our guys but in two years we haven't had a single other player who is even remotely considered all star, all nba, all defense, sixth man of the year or even is a stat leader in any category despite playing with the number one assist guy in the league.  

Yeah he needs to be better but he's still the best player on this team even in a bad year by a country mile.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Trae had a bad year.  No sugar coating it but he's missing shots that he's proven he can make consistently in his career.  not just for short stretches.  I also disagree that he was bad last year.  That only shows that the expectations are sky high if that's a bad year.   

I'd make the case that he's surrounded by mediocrity (in an NBA sense).   I love all our guys but in two years we haven't had a single other player who is even remotely considered all star, all nba, all defense, sixth man of the year or even is a stat leader in any category despite playing with the number one assist guy in the league.  

Yeah he needs to be better but he's still the best player on this team even in a bad year by a country mile.  

Almost all of our guys are paid to be mediocre right now -- Trae is paid to be elite.  The only measurement of what we should expect from players is what they're paid, which is why a lot of people are giving Hunter grief right now.  Trae is not playing like a supermax player, or even close.  He hasn't since before the Heat series.  And he hasn't been our best player this year by a country mile... I'd argue Collins has been our most impactful player this year even with a bad start to the season shooting-wise.  Maybe even Okongwu.

Mediocre roster or not, this teams ceiling is the first round if the guy whose face is all over the billboard can't clean his game up.  His eFG% is down to his rookie year levels.  He is leading the entire league in turnovers (and his usage is barely top 10 now).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They are more talented than us and much much better shooters. 

Talent is definitely relative.   I will say it like this... They are bigger than us.  And they have better & more consistent shooters.  But more talented...  I think that's yet to be seen.   What I mean is when you look at our whole team vs. their whole team..  I wouldn't say that they have more talent.   But their size does nullify a lot of our talent. 

• Trae > Smart
  • DJ > or =  Derrick White 
  • Hunter < JB
  • JC < JT
  • Capella  = Horford
  • Bogi > Hauser
  • JJ > GWilliams 
  • OO = RWilliams 
  • Bey >
  • <Brogdon 

This is it... this is the 9 men that rotate in and out for both clubs.  The place where the margins meet.. 

• JJ has to be much greater than Williams.   
  • Hunter and JC has to not allow Brown and Tatum to be exponential better than them.   
  • Trae Can't be stymied by Smart and Brogdon.    He has to be great. 
  • Clint has to produce on both sides 
  • OO has to produce on both sides 
  • DJ has to prove he's better than DWhite.

This is how the talent looks.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

He is leading the entire league in turnovers

You said it for impact but this stat is misleading.   Every good player who handles the ball and scores is in the top 10 in turnovers.   It goes with the territory.  You can't make him a great scorer/facilitator and then ding him on the traits of a great scorer.   At some point on the turnover thing, you have to start to look at who he has to pass to?

Behold your great list...

image.png

Yeah.. All three MVP candidates in the top 10.  I wish you guys would stop parroting Skip Bayless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

You said it for impact but this stat is misleading.   Every good player who handles the ball and scores is in the top 10 in turnovers.   It goes with the territory.  You can't make him a great scorer/facilitator and then ding him on the traits of a great scorer.   At some point on the turnover thing, you have to start to look at who he has to pass to?

Behold your great list...

image.png

Yeah.. All three MVP candidates in the top 10.  I wish you guys would stop parroting Skip Bayless. 

Yet Trae is #1 and if you watch the games, you can clearly see why.  He constantly goes for homeruns instead of making smart decisions.  The stat is not my argument -- it's backing up what we're all seeing on the court this year.

• Premium Member

no one's gonna talk about how Trae just set an NBA record for worst 3 pt shooting over a 7 game span in the history of the NBA playoffs.

You people love posting twitter links celebrating all the nonsense statistical records Trae has taken down over his career, yet the board stayed silent on this one.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The others: be good and consistent at whatever your BEST skillset is supposed to be.

It pisses me off that the Lakers pick up Hachimura, Vanderbilt, Russell, and Beasley at the deadline for scraps.

It pisses me off that Austin Reaves (not drafted) makes a bigger impact in games than Hunter or  that Hachimura does more than JC. 

Yes... BE READY and Perform!!!

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yet Trae is #1 and if you watch the games, you can clearly see why.  He constantly goes for homeruns instead of making smart decisions.  The stat is not my argument -- it's backing up what we're all seeing on the court this year.

Yes.. he makes mistakes... but the point still remains... All these guys are on this list for the same reason.   They handle the ball, they are scorers and yes... they also make mistakes. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I know that the thought is that we continue what we did in the second half and we should easily win game two.   Well, Boston is going to be looking at that 2nd half too.   I think what it comes down to is the chess game between Mazzula and Quin and our players abilities to carry out the gameplan. 

I don't think Quin will have a problem out coaching Mazzula.   I just think we have to hit shots.  There's something about the playoffs that they reveal. 

As I look into the eyes of our players, I can't say that any of them don't believe that we won't win.  In fact, it's the exact opposite.   These guys know that we will win this series. 

BUT...  Listen to the other teams guys...

• Memphis is thinking Cancun.   I heard Ja Morant.   He has already quit. 
  • I saw it in Anthony Edwards face... They are on the cancun delight. 

I haven't seen enough of Milwaukee, GS or Brooklyn to say yea or nay...

But our Hawks...

We have that don't quit running all over us.  The first place I saw it was Siddiq Bey... this guy is a keeper.  We down 34.. He's out there scrappy and when you looked in his face, he believed that we could still win game 1.   Thanks to Northcyde for cranking up the rally song.  

We will have to fight for game 2.  It will be a test of how much we want it vs. How much they want it.   One thing I see in the Celtics, they believe that they should be in the finals.   But I don't know if they are ready to fight for it. 

this is such nonsense.  I like how we get run out of the gym yet we are dangerous whereas Minny and Memphis are already thinking Cancun.   Such narrative nonsense.

I'm sure the Celtics are really worried about the Hawks just because they scored some baskets in garbage time when the Celtics were already making dinner plans for the North End.

It pisses me off that the Lakers pick up Hachimura, Vanderbilt, Russell, and Beasley at the deadline for scraps.

It pisses me off that Austin Reaves (not drafted) makes a bigger impact in games than Hunter or  that Hachimura does more than JC. 

Y

It pisses me of that Austin Reaves is currently the best player in the NBA playoffs who went to Oklahoma.

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Almost all of our guys are paid to be mediocre right now -- Trae is paid to be elite.  The only measurement of what we should expect from players is what they're paid, which is why a lot of people are giving Hunter grief right now.  Trae is not playing like a supermax player, or even close.  He hasn't since before the Heat series.  And he hasn't been our best player this year by a country mile... I'd argue Collins has been our most impactful player this year even with a bad start to the season shooting-wise.  Maybe even Okongwu.

Mediocre roster or not, this teams ceiling is the first round if the guy whose face is all over the billboard can't clean his game up.  His eFG% is down to his rookie year levels.  He is leading the entire league in turnovers (and his usage is barely top 10 now).

JC, Capela, and Bogi are certainly not paid to be mediocre even if that's the measure.  Hunter didn't get extended to be mediocre.  We didn't give up 3 first round picks for DJ to be mediocre.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Hey Jeff,   I went back to 1984 with it...  Check this out...

image.png

Can you believe that Magic, Isiah, and Michael had more turnovers than Trae had this year??

Larry Bird in the top 20.

Stop Parroting Skip Bayless. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:
  • Trae > Smart
  • DJ > or =  Derrick White 
  • Hunter < JB
  • JC < JT
  • Capella  = Horford
  • Bogi > Hauser
  • JJ > GWilliams 
  • OO = RWilliams 
  • Bey >
  • <Brogdon 

I'm with you on a lot but not this.   It remains to be seen if DJ can be as impactful as White.  So far = at best.   In no way is Capela = Horford right now. It pains me to say it but it's true. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, shakes said:

this is such nonsense.  I like how we get run out of the gym yet we are dangerous whereas Minny and Memphis are already thinking Cancun.   Such narrative nonsense.

You look at his face in this interview and tell me do you see somebody who is thinking about playing beyond this series. 

I BS you not!

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, shakes said:

'm sure the Celtics are really worried about the Hawks just because they scored some baskets in garbage time when the Celtics were already making dinner plans for the North End.

Was it garbage time for them though??

image.png

Tatum played 40 Freaking Minutes...  You know the game is only 48 minutes in the game right??

Even a blind man who just listens to boxscores and not the game would tell you that the Celtics didn't play the 2nd half like garbage minutes...    Why didn't Moose play?

Old man HORFORD played 38 minutes...  They couldn't find any rest for him... since it was garbage time.

Stop spewing NONSENSE...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, shakes said:

no one's gonna talk about how Trae just set an NBA record for worst 3 pt shooting over a 7 game span in the history of the NBA playoffs.

I've already posted it.....since yesterday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1