• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We've been spoiled.

Diesel

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm with you on a lot but not this.   It remains to be seen if DJ can be as impactful as White.  So far = at best.   In no way is Capela = Horford right now. It pains me to say it but it's true. 

Their impacts are different.   Capela and Horford.  Capela's impact as we saw in the Miami game is Rebounding.  Horford has never been a rebounder.   Horford's is outside shooting, passing  and setting moving screens...  Horford was 6,9, and 2 last game.  Capela was 12,8, and 0.   That's about close to equal. 

DJ is an enigma.   He carried us with JC & Clint through the first half.  Where DJ can be as impactful is steady gameplan and good off ball defense.  DJ can't stop Tatum or Brown... but neither can White.  What DJ has to do is focus on his man and working within the defensive framework.  Offensively, if DJ gives us consistent scores, he will be worth a lot to us. 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You look at his face in this interview and tell me do you see somebody who is thinking about playing beyond this series. 

I BS you not!

what does any of that have to do with the nonsense you posted?   Where in that video am I supposed to get the impression than the Grizzlies are packing it in for theplayoffs?  What you posted is a video of a player clearly upset about getting hurt and the possibility of being out for the playoffs.  

Very weird post by you Diesel.  You're better than that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Was it garbage time for them though??

image.png

Tatum played 40 Freaking Minutes...  You know the game is only 48 minutes in the game right??

Even a blind man who just listens to boxscores and not the game would tell you that the Celtics didn't play the 2nd half like garbage minutes...    Why didn't Moose play?

Old man HORFORD played 38 minutes...  They couldn't find any rest for him... since it was garbage time.

Stop spewing NONSENSE...

lol more nonsense.  You know garbage time relates to the score of the game, not the players on the court?   

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Their impacts are different.   Capela and Horford.  Capela's impact as we saw in the Miami game is Rebounding.  Horford has never been a rebounder.   Horford's is outside shooting, passing  and setting moving screens...  Horford was 6,9, and 2 last game.  Capela was 12,8, and 0.   That's about close to equal. 

DJ is an enigma.   He carried us with JC & Clint through the first half.  Where DJ can be as impactful is steady gameplan and good off ball defense.  DJ can't stop Tatum or Brown... but neither can White.  What DJ has to do is focus on his man and working within the defensive framework.  Offensively, if DJ gives us consistent scores, he will be worth a lot to us. 

I'm no Horford fan but we're likely a much better team with him, even at this age.  I'd love to see Capela dominate inside but as you said Horford isn't much of a rebounder and still Capela finishes the game largely unimpactful. I have faith in Quin to fix this though.  

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, shakes said:

what does any of that have to do with the nonsense you posted?   Where in that video am I supposed to get the impression than the Grizzlies are packing it in for theplayoffs?  What you posted is a video of a player clearly upset about getting hurt and the possibility of being out for the playoffs.  

Very weird post by you Diesel.  You're better than that.

You questioned... And I answered...

Don't give specific question, receive a specific answer and act like you don't know what you said...

Come on Shakes. 

In my original post that you randown... I said I listened to Ja Morant and he sounds like he's headed to Cancun...

That's exactly what you questioned... So I LET YOU LISTEN TO JA MORANT and You come back with this BS about that's not what we're talking about... That's exactly what we're talking about... what were you talking about??

Better yet... Do you not hear the DEFEAT in his voice in that interview??  Yeah, I'm not letting you change the subject ... since you asked. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

You questioned... And I answered...

Don't give specific question, receive a specific answer and act like you don't know what you said...

Come on Shakes. 

In my original post that you randown... I said I listened to Ja Morant and he sounds like he's headed to Cancun...

That's exactly what you questioned... So I LET YOU LISTEN TO JA MORANT and You come back with this BS about that's not what we're talking about... That's exactly what we're talking about... what were you talking about??

Better yet... Do you not hear the DEFEAT in his voice in that interview??  Yeah, I'm not letting you change the subject ... since you asked. 

I know what you said and I also know what you were implying.    You were implying that Ja is giving up on the series because they lost.   It's pretty clear from that interview that the only thing Ja is despondent about is the possible severity of his injury and if he'll be able to play the rest of the way.    Now explain to me how you get Cancun vibes from that????

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, shakes said:

lol more nonsense.  You know garbage time relates to the score of the game, not the players on the court?   

BS BS BS BS....

If it's garbage time, you pull the starters...    You don't let your starters risk getting hurt if it's garbage time..   You'd be a bad coach in a Church League if you think that playing Tatum 40 minutes when the 2nd half is garbage time is a good thing...

BS Shakes...

Are you trying to build an agenda??   Are you trying to Create a Narrative??   Because if you are... YOU ARE FAILING.... MIGHTILY... 

But ... Do continue.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

JC, Capela, and Bogi are certainly not paid to be mediocre even if that's the measure.  Hunter didn't get extended to be mediocre.  We didn't give up 3 first round picks for DJ to be mediocre.  

Guys in Collins pay range: Draymond, Julius Randle, Mike Conley, Afernee Simons, Brogdon, Rozier, Vucevic, VanVleet...

Guys in Bogi/Capela pay range: Dinwiddie, Gallinari, Levert, Joe Harris, Sabonis (not for long), Harrison Barnes, Steven Adams, Gary Trent Jr, Jonathon Isaac...

I would say they're playing as good or better than their peers.  There's some expectation that Hawks role players should be much better than what they're being paid while our guy on a $200M+ contract should be given pass after pass.  I get that a lot of fans have a parasocial relationship with Trae, and we've done nothing but market Trae Young for 4 years, but at some point I have to defend the other guys.

Do you know what makes guys in those pay ranges look good?  A superstar player that is elevating their game.  Otherwise, we have a collection of guys playing like I would expect from the contracts they are on.  You're not going to get super solid impact players for $18M/year in 2023.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

I know what you said and I also know what you were implying.    You were implying that Ja is giving up on the series because they lost.   It's pretty clear from that interview that the only thing Ja is despondent about is the possible severity of his injury and if he'll be able to play the rest of the way.    Now explain to me how you get Cancun vibes from that????

Did you miss Ja's interviews before the series?  I mean, when he wasn't hurt?

Something about playing the Lakers...  He just didn't look confident.  Maybe it's all the off the court stuff and missing time and Lawsuits... but this dude looked shook in the interview before the game. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

BS BS BS BS....

If it's garbage time, you pull the starters...    You don't let your starters risk getting hurt if it's garbage time..   You'd be a bad coach in a Church League if you think that playing Tatum 40 minutes when the 2nd half is garbage time is a good thing...

BS Shakes...

Are you trying to build an agenda??   Are you trying to Create a Narrative??   Because if you are... YOU ARE FAILING.... MIGHTILY... 

But ... Do continue.

when you're up 30 at halftime you still play your starters so they can keep their rhythm going for the series.  Doesn't change the fact that the intensity goes down for a team when they have a massive lead like that.  It's very common for the trailing team to get cut into the lead in a meaningless way while the leading team is already thinking of the next game.  

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, shakes said:

when you're up 30 at halftime you still play your starters so they can keep their rhythm going for the series. 

Dying Of Laughter GIFs | Tenor    Laugh GIFs | Tenor  Laughing Yes GIF - Laughing Yes - Discover & Share GIFs

FAILING MIGHTILY!!!

While Tatum was playing 40 minutes...

Jokic got to sit down a little longer and watch other guys get some run...

Wow... Denver is going to be out of rhythm for game 2.... How dare they let Ish Smith get playing time....

image.png

• Premium Member

Hey @shakes

You know what's really funny.....

image.png                              image.png

If you look at the Minutes played in the regular season... Vs. Minutes played in the playoffs..........

In order to keep his guys in rhythm...

During Garbage Time...

Coach Mazzulla said "I know what I will do, I will play my starters more than I played them in the regular season....  I want them to know that there's no such thing as Garbage time.."

Church League HCs know better....

FAILING MIGHTILY...

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Hey Jeff,   I went back to 1984 with it...  Check this out...

image.png

Can you believe that Magic, Isiah, and Michael had more turnovers than Trae had this year??

Larry Bird in the top 20.

Stop Parroting Skip Bayless. 

This is the issue a lot of ppl have with Trae stans on here.  The mental gymnastics you're doing to defend Trae's turnovers is wild.  You do watch the games right?  You see the wild passes, the driving under the basket and turning it over, the home run passes that get picked off, the lazy passes, etc.

To address your asinine point trying to compare Trae to players 35+ years ago, yes -- MJ turned over a lot in his rookie year.  And for Magic/IT, you can see their assists right there -- that's elite assist:turnover % for guys running the offense... both of them over 3:1, IT is close to 4:1.  

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae had a bad game.  Does he have flaws? Hell yeah.  Would I trade him? nope.  It's just one bad game and he struggles with teams that switch like Boston.  He has to improve.  If he wasn't slumping with his shot, it wouldn't be a problem, but he is.  He has to make better decisions.

The entire team needs to play better and I hate how some use one game to start up whatever agenda they have against Trae or other players. 

It's always why blame this player or that player.  We should blame them all for this mediocre season. 

Trae has proven time and time again he can step up for us.  Those three play-in wins and the ECF run mean nothing to some, but they mean something to me.  He's helped get us to the playoffs. He just has to step it up a bit.  

I hope to see a much better effort in game two from everyone. 

huh?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is the issue a lot of ppl have with Trae stans on here.  The mental gymnastics you're doing to defend Trae's turnovers is wild.  You do watch the games right?  You see the wild passes, the driving under the basket and turning it over, the home run passes that get picked off, the lazy passes, etc.

To address your asinine point trying to compare Trae to players 35+ years ago, yes -- MJ turned over a lot in his rookie year.  And for Magic/IT, you can see their assists right there -- that's elite assist:turnover % for guys running the offense... both of them over 3:1, IT is close to 4:1.  

Mental Gymnastics??

Pick a f$cking year Jeff.   Look at the turnover leaders... The whole top 20.  Many of them are HOFers.  Many of them are their team's best scorers.  Some of them are MVPs.  THE F$ck.  

Here's the deal..

You are so concentrated on making this a strong impactful charge against Trae that you have failed to see that this comes with the territory.     This has nothing to do about Trae Stans...   I can be a freakin Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas or Michael Jordan fan and it still remains a freaking fact.

Now.. Trae has his flaws...  No Doubt.

But when you start telling me that most impactful (because you put it in BOLD LETTERS) is Turnovers... I have to say.. You're misleading.  It's the echo of skip bayless here on Hawksquawk.  Skip does the same thing... he tries to blast Trae with Leads the league in Turnovers..  Well right there with him is Jokic, Embiid, Luka, Ja.. and in history Bird, Magic, Isiah, MJ...  So what does this stat really mean?

Try again Jeff.

• Like 1