• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves dare I say… en fuego 🥵

Spud2nique

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Holy cow that was awesome!!  Austin Riley homer and throw out to end the game.  Money Mike is 22 years old.  That's a helluva a play in the biggest moment of your career and your team's season.  Let's go!

I yelled like 5 times in a row. The neighbors were all about to jump me at the same time I think. 😂 

That catch by Harris got me so pumped I thought that hit was definitely a double if not a homer. 

That was the ghost of Andruw Jones in Harris running that bad boy down! 

Then Riley with the presence of mind to double off Harper at first. 

Wow wow wow, I died about 5 times in one play there last night.

😅 

GO BRAVES!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Some really bad management by Snit in the 3rd.

Indeed. Look, I’ll admit I wanted Snit gone before we won it in 21, but after I figured he needed to stay. I think Ron needs to take over. Wash will clean it ups bit.

56 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bad game but we can come back.   Harper proving himself to be a clown again.  

Bozo the 🤡.. dude getting back at Arcia? Arcia getting the stare down only on the baseball field from Harper, nowhere else. 

Also, Philly fans are dumber than Sixer fans, they are doing the chop to mock but it prolly makes us feel at home. Collective IQ’s of that crowd is extremely low.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Bozo the 🤡.. dude getting back at Arcia? Arcia getting the stare down only on the baseball field from Harper, nowhere else. 

Also, Philly fans are dumber than Sixer fans, they are doing the chop to mock but it prolly makes us feel at home. Collective IQ’s of that crowd is extremely low.

Stare down based on a rumor that's likely not true but even if it was was about as mild of a 'slight' as there could be.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What a disappointing end to a record setting regular season. 

Snit's mismanagement and the bats died with runners on base :blanky:

I chose to watch the Braves game and man, what a disappointment. I’m sorry but you can’t change the lineup completely in game 1, what the hell was Snit doing there he threw the whole team off quilter with that bs. 

You win 104 games, stuck with what got you there. He’s trying to drum up all this Eddie magic like it’s 2021. That was then, this is a new postseason. Snit gambled way too much.

The Braves bats died. In the 3 games we lost we were out scored 16-3. 🤦‍♀️ I’m sorry that’s horrible.

I don’t get how ALL OF OUR BATS DIED AT ONCE. Horrible time for everybody to slump.

I hate the wildcard system. I’m sorry but you play 162 games.. it’s too much. I dunno, cut the regular season games to like 💯

The Braves got out so far ahead, with so much time just winning regular season games. I think the top seeds should have a bigger advantage. Too many teams in the wildcard.

Before it ended with 4 teams, 2 from the national league and 2 American. 

Now we have 12! We should have 10 perhaps.

The 3 division winners and ONLY 2 wildcard teams from each league.

I’ll be honest, I wanted to get to the World Series and get ringed 💍 again. 😔 

Next year…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

All the best regular season teams are out now.  Atl., Baltimore, LA.

Get hot or go home.  Bah!

🥲

It's not really practical, but in a perfect world (or, at least, the one in my head), you'd have the playoffs set up so that the number of games a team has to win is dependent on their record compared to their opponent's record.

So, in general terms, let's say you had two teams that won exactly the same number of regular season games. Then, it's like it is already... whoever wins one more than the other.

But in the case that one had won 10 more games than the other, if I'm Baseball Czar, I decree the worser team spots a win to the better team from the git-go... ie, the series starts 1-0 before a game is played.

And in the case of 20 more games, same idea... but the series starts 2-0 for the better team before a game is played.

(That doesn't work for Wild Card, of course, assuming they keep it the way it is... I've seen in my Twitter feed that Baseball Media Gods are not happy, so who knows.)

And, yes, don't let the post fool you... it's just an academic thought experiment... and, yes, other than a spring training sampling of one game to see the pitch clock thing for myself, my rejection of Manfredball as a legitimate sport worthy of my attention remains.

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The leading 5 mvp candidates had like 4 postseason hits combined or some crazy thing like that.  definitely need to tweak the format because this is messed up.  

Braves embarrassed themselves though. 

5 teams instead of 6. Only 2 WC teams should make it. Plus, the season is too long. I know it’s tradition but the best teams can’t carry through for that long, Manfred needs to consider fatigue amongst stars ⭐️.

Not making any excuses though we played really bad.