My janitor (custodian)

Spud2nique

Trae has problems.  I don't know what they are.  Perhaps, as one old saying goes, "He's trying too hard." 

Every hawk, without exception, have been too tight in our two playoff games.  Poof of this is in our very low % fo made three's.  And, my personal gripe, missing free throws.

Time to realise, "We ain't going anywhere.  Just relax a bit and go out there and have fun.  Make Boston sweat!"  

Boston fans expect to see a host of green clad fans Friday night.  Keep an eye out for this.  Make them shed a tear or two!

:smug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Should he smile when we turn it over?

Is he happy when others turn it over?

No disrespect intended, just saying I think this is an example of taking a situation and reading more into it than is actually there. 

Idk hes had plenty turnovers before and they didn't elicit that type of reaction. He just seemed so defeated that these were the careless turnovers he was having

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Whats the requirement for "much better"?

60% from the field, a lot of assists and minimal turnovers.  ya know, the kind of game he had regularly last season yet hasn't done it even one time this season.  Or maybe he did it once, but I would bet quite a bit that he didn't have 2 games like that all year.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

60% from the field, a lot of assists and minimal turnovers.  ya know, the kind of game he had regularly last season yet hasn't done it even one time this season.  Or maybe he did it once, but I would bet quite a bit that he didn't have 2 games like that all year.

Trae had 10 60%+ games last year, 2 this year. 

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Idk hes had plenty turnovers before and they didn't elicit that type of reaction. He just seemed so defeated that these were the careless turnovers he was having

Can you analyze Quin's reaction on this Hunter TO? 😎

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2023/04/18/0042200112/290/ebf3594c-1d28-29e9-b9c8-b10ad1e3b8af_1280x720.mp4

Edit: I've rewatched it several times, Quin was annoyed that Hunter didn't take that 3 on the pass from Trae.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, shakes said:

60% seems high...

The average PG shoots 44.5% from the field. 

Here's the average PGs numbers11.8, 4.2, 3.0  shooting 44.5% from the field and 35.7% from 3... on 2.3 3pt attempts. 

Here's Trae's numbers:  26.2, 10.2, 3.0 shooting 42.9% from the field and 33.5% from 3 on 6.3 3pt attempts. 

Last year Trae shot 46% and 38.2%.

So yes, Trae's efficiency is underwhelming.   He needs to lift that up.. but 60% is a huge ask...

I'd like to see him back to 46 and 38.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

60% seems high...

The average PG shoots 44.5% from the field. 

Here's the average PGs numbers11.8, 4.2, 3.0  shooting 44.5% from the field and 35.7% from 3... on 2.3 3pt attempts. 

Here's Trae's numbers:  26.2, 10.2, 3.0 shooting 42.9% from the field and 33.5% from 3 on 6.3 3pt attempts. 

Last year Trae shot 46% and 38.2%.

So yes, Trae's efficiency is underwhelming.   He needs to lift that up.. but 60% is a huge ask...

I'd like to see him back to 46 and 38.

it's not high dude.  its the % that star players have no trouble reaching in several games every season.  It's called being a star.

Donovan Mitchell did it 12x this season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

it's not high dude.  its the % that star players have no trouble reaching in several games every season.  It's called being a star.

Oh, so you're not talking about an average.. you're just talking about select games?  I thought you were talking about an average.  Bout to laugh you off the board if that was the case. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, shakes said:

Mitchell is not a PG though. 

Darius Garland is a PG and he had 7 60% games.. but nobody is planning on stopping him.

Just for grins, I looked at Kyrie.. and he also had 7 60% games.

So.. Trae's magic number would be somewhere between 7 - 10 60% games. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Darius Garland is a PG and he had 7 60% games.. but nobody is planning on stopping him.

Bunson did it 12x and several of those were over 70%.   

and as I said in my OP, its not just about the %. It's about combining it with a great floor game of assists vs TOs.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

DeAaron Fox, a guy who everyone said couldn't shoot, did it 14x this year.

Even Ja did it 6x this year despite only playing 61 games.

I'm sure you're also taking into account that Trae played 73 games this year, right?

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

Bunson did it 12x and several of those were over 70%.   

and as I said in my OP, its not just about the %. It's about combining it with a great floor game of assists vs TOs.

It's all well and good that you brought those oranges to compare...

But understand my comparison...

I can only compare Trae to other PGs who get the defenses attention. 

When Brunson plays, ain't nobody's defense thinking.. he's our first priority.   They are thinking, how do we slow down Randle. 

I mean, it's like you're trying to compare FG% of Joel Embiid with Clint.  Ain't nobody thinking, what do we have to do to stop Clint.  But every team has a gameplan for Embiid. 

That's why I said Kyrie a minute ago.. because even though he played with Both KD and Luka, he's about the closest thing to a defensive attention getter to Trae that the league has. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, shakes said:

Even Ja did it 6x this year despite only playing 61 games.

I'm sure you're also taking into account that Trae played 73 games this year, right?

Actually, of your list.. Ja would be an acceptable comparison. 

He's the focus of most of the defenses he plays. 

Fox has Sabonis.

You can grab Damian Lillard too...   He had 5 of those. 

Diesel is correct.  Trae gets a lot of attention and he's game planned for.

Shakes is correct.  Trae misses a lot of shots where he's open and he would have made them last season.

You guys are both correct.  Trae is not as good this season as he was before and it shows!  We know that he has the ability to do better.  Hopefully, this begins Friday night and continues!

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, shakes said:

Fox is an interesting case study.   This year, they surrounded Fox with talent:

Sabonis, Murray, and Kev  with a coach that knows what he's doing...  Notice the change in his numbers...

image.png

Fox's shooting went from 47% to 51%.  That's 4 pt difference.   Good coaching.  Better scheme.  Better spacing.

I'm hoping that a full year with quin and maybe the addition of 1 better shooter will lead to a jump like this for Trae. 

I do note that Fox is a different type of scorer though.   His scoring is attack the basket.   Sorta like Mitchell. 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's all well and good that you brought those oranges to compare...

But understand my comparison...

I can only compare Trae to other PGs who get the defenses attention. 

When Brunson plays, ain't nobody's defense thinking.. he's our first priority.   They are thinking, how do we slow down Randle. 

I mean, it's like you're trying to compare FG% of Joel Embiid with Clint.  Ain't nobody thinking, what do we have to do to stop Clint.  But every team has a gameplan for Embiid. 

That's why I said Kyrie a minute ago.. because even though he played with Both KD and Luka, he's about the closest thing to a defensive attention getter to Trae that the league has. 

you're making my back hurt watching you get up and move those goalposts all over the field.

you can come up with any qualifying nonsense you want, but I'm going to keep comparing Trae to OTHER STAR PLAYERS in the league.  

• Moderators

Actually Brunson is basically the #1 concern for folks facing the knicks now imo.   I haven't looked but i'm guessing Fox and Ja take way more shots and the rim and fewer 3s than Trae so they are going to have higher %.

But your point is made that Trae was inefficient this season.  Still one season though. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, shakes said:

The last time he shot 60% FG was in March vs Minnesota.  He scored 41 pts that game and the Hawks lost by 21 points.  Mainly because DJ was ( -29 ) and Hunter was ( -27 ).