• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My janitor (custodian)

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The last time he shot 60% FG was in March vs Minnesota.  He scored 41 pts that game and the Hawks lost by 21 points.  Mainly because DJ was ( -29 ) and Hunter was ( -27 ).

and he shot over 60% in a game exactly one time all season long.  Vs Washington.  Brunson did that 11 times which included several games over 70% and even a game over 80%.  Fox was over 60% 14 times with a few over 70%.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, shakes said:

and he shot over 60% in a game exactly one time all season long.  Vs Washington.  Brunson did that 11 times which included several games over 70% and even a game over 80%.  Fox was over 60% 14 times with a few over 70%.  

Well, let's try this...

Give Trae   Randle and Barrett...   And Give Brunson JC and Hunter...  and then let's count 60% games. 

• Moderators

I'm not going to point to lineups as the cause.  Brunson had the best year of his career and Trae had perhaps the worst year of his career shooting the ball (similar to his rookie year except rookie year started worse and was better in the 2h I think).  Brunson was the better shooter this season and Trae is just going to have to do better next year.  Hopefully, he rebounds in the short-term in Atlanta.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, let's try this...

Give Trae   Randle and Barrett...   And Give Brunson JC and Hunter...  and then let's count 60% games. 

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I rate this as your weakest post to date.   Sad really.  Be better than this.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not going to point to lineups as the cause.  Brunson had the best year of his career and Trae had perhaps the worst year of his career shooting the ball (similar to his rookie year except rookie year started worse and was better in the 2h I think).  Brunson was the better shooter this season and Trae is just going to have to do better next year.  Hopefully, he rebounds in the short-term in Atlanta.

Ok but Brunson lives 4 blocks from MSG and Trae lives 12 miles from State Farm arena.   Let's see how Brunson does if he had to commute  from Long Island????

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think there's a direct correlation to both. 

Trae lost all the shooters around him.    Offense is harder when there's less competent shooters. 

Brunson moved from under the shadow of Luka and is in an offense that features Randle and Barrett as the 1 and 2b scorers.   Brunson has never been a slouch.. ask Dallas but now, he's getting more touches and playing beside better gravity.   I qualify that by saying... Look at Kyrie in Dallas.   Luka has negative Gravity.   It's gravity but his usage is so high that it has an effect on everybody else. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Trae lost all the shooters around him.    Offense is harder when there's less competent shooters. 

Brunson moved from under the shadow of Luka and is in an offense that features Randle and Barrett as the 1 and 2b scorers.   Brunson has never been a slouch.. ask Dallas but now, he's getting more touches and playing beside better gravity.   I qualify that by saying... Look at Kyrie in Dallas.   Luka has negative Gravity.   It's gravity but his usage is so high that it has an effect on everybody else. 

makes sense.  I'm sure every PG in the NBA is dying to play alongside noted 31% 3pt sharpshooter RJ Barrett and 34% 3pt marksman Julius Randle.

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've rewatched it several times, Quin was annoyed that Hunter didn't take that 3 on the pass from Trae.

he even turned his head away as soon as Dre decided to not shoot it. He knew the turnover was coming as soon as he put the ball on the floor and turned away so he didn't have to watch it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, shakes said:

makes sense.  I'm sure every PG in the NBA is dying to play alongside noted 31% 3pt sharpshooter RJ Barrett and 34% 3pt marksman Julius Randle.

You act as though JC didn't shoot 29% from three?

The other thing is that NY gets their points from attacking the basket.. not from shooting threes.   And you can tell that by FTs.

Murray = 190 FTs.   JC = 178 FTs.

Randle = 408 FTs.   Barrett = 290 FTs. 

Now if you were Trae, would you rather have guys out on the perimeter that can't shoot well but won't go inside or would you have guys on the perimeter that don't shoot well but are attacking the goal at every turn.  Brunson is able to eat so well because NY has guys who can put the ball on the floor and attack the rim.   

The other thing...  Randle gets 4.2 apg.   Barrett gets 2.8 apg.   Neither of those guys are PGs.  

John Collins gets 1.2 apg. 

It highlights the problem.  Guys like JC and Hunter... can't dribble.   Hunter fell on his damn face in the last game trying to dribble.   Not only can every starter on NY team dribble, they all have over 2 apg.  Close to 3 apg. 

So who benefits more from their teammates.  Trae who has to create for every damn body.. Or Brunson who has teammates who can drive, pass, and shoot?

Like I said before, Brunson went to a team with Good Gravity.   It would be awesome if JC could put the ball on the floor with his face up and back to the basket game.   That would mean he could get the ball anywhere and move to his spot and score or pass.   He would be the new Julius Randle. 

2 hours ago, shakes said:

For accuracy, he did it 4 times this season.  12 times in the 21 - 22 season.

When it came to double doubles this season:

Brunson - 5

Fox - 11

Trae  - 40

I know . . stats don't matter.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For accuracy, he did it 4 times this season.  12 times in the 21 - 22 season.

When it came to double doubles this season:

Brunson - 5

Fox - 11

Trae  - 40

I know . . stats don't matter.

for accuracy, Trae actually only did it once all season.     Vs Washington.   Name the other 3x he shot over 60% from the field in a game this year.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Brunson - 5

Fox - 11

Trae  - 40

Trae leads the league in total assists and probably in scoring/assists double doubles because he has to create for every damn body.   Our last home game, he was creating for the popcorn man.. Yall talk about heliocentric.   Hell, he's heliocentric by FORCE... because nobody else can dribble on this team.   Do you know how Dangerous JC would be if he could dribble penetrate?  He was mad about his role... learn to dribble.   And Dre...   And Clint....  Having DJ on the team is a breath of fresh air until his loose handle sends the ball into Gucci Row.

Brunson has teammates that all can put the ball on the floor and move. Hell, Quickley and Hart are averaging damn near 4 apg and Randle is damn near 5.   Travis realized that he f'd up.. and that is why he drafted JJ and AJ..  those guys are waiting in the wings because those guys can dribble and pass. 

• Like 1

I think I’m just gonna write him a note 📝 about it today. I find it to be less controversial when your feelings on paper on a Friday afternoon right before the weekend. That way he can think about it for a minute. 

He really needs a note cuz he’s better than that. He went to a Jimi Hendrix concert 🎵 in the late 60’s man. He’s cool as hell. 

BUT…

Misinformed about Trae. If there was no BSPN or hateful social media and folks just balled like back in the 80’s and you didn’t have to find out who felt what way about whom and you just read the damn boxscore from a newspaper 🗞️ and get the out of town scores like that to see if the Celts or Pistons won hoping they didn’t…. If we lived in those times..

Trae would be a top 5 player in this generation back then in the 80’s. Hear me out, I’m not pairing Trae vs Zeke but rather this social media BSPN lies and bringing the same ballers back to the 80’s.

It would be:

Giannis

Trae

Embiid

Durant and a few more and that’s it.

The horrible media is to blame and not my good friend and awesome dude pistol 🔫 Pete the custodian. One more thing about Pistol, dude takes pride in his work, I mean I know a lot of folks do but when you see a dude like that you wanna point that out in some fashion. He makes me wanna be a better person each and every day..

The Trae comment though.. that wasn’t kn him, they programmed him. BSPN is to blame.Please boycott them. 

Thank you 🙏🏿 

Sincerely,

Spudnik

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Specifically, Trae lost his shooter at PF.

Gallo was the luxury we could go to, if Collins was hurt or if we need more offense.

Collins + Gallo was normally a bad fit, because Collins was terrible on defense at the 5, and Gallo was terrible at the 4. 

Capela and Gallo was a better fit with each other.  

But the lineup I liked was the playoff lineup of Capela - Collins - Gallo ( at the 3 ).  That was a big frontline that we could through at people and switch at all frontcourt positions without losing size.  And you had the right mix of offense and defense for that unit to be successful.  I always thought that Gallo could guard the 3 better than the 4, because most 3s aren't crashing the boards to rebound, or rim running to catch dunks.  Gallo's length enabled him to at least keep people somewhat in front of him.  But the bigger 4s and 5s just overwhelmed him most of the time, unless he was playing help defense.

52 minutes ago, shakes said:

for accuracy, Trae actually only did it once all season.     Vs Washington.   Name the other 3x he shot over 60% from the field in a game this year.

SMH.  You guys always think I'm making up ish.  Do I have to post EVERYTHING I talk about?

This stuff ain't hard to find, man.

image.thumb.png.cdab52c9e563185d1c3bb68ecc90a024.png

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

SMH.  You guys always think I'm making up ish.  Do I have to post EVERYTHING I talk about?

This stuff ain't hard to find, man.

image.thumb.png.cdab52c9e563185d1c3bb68ecc90a024.png

Oh I see now.

It's not 60% +

It's anything over 60%, but not including 60%.

No problem.  You're right.

Still . . . 40 double doubles for Trae.

• Haha 2