• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My janitor (custodian)

Spud2nique

Well not mine but the company’s. Super cool dude looks like that Schneider dude from one day at a time. OG prolly around 60 or so. Biggest Laker fan and we talk hoops for the longest and he knows his stuff.

Usually a quiet type of dude who rarely shares his opinion but I think he may have had too much coffee ☕️ or something yesterday cuz he saw me and the first thing he said..

”So what are your Hawks gonna do after they trade Trae Young this summer.”

Me: :er: uhhhh

Him: He’s a coach killer man if you can’t play for Nate McMillan you can’t play for any coach. He’s a class act Mr. Sonic.

Me: :er: ummmmmm yeaaaa he is..

I didn’t say much else. I was more disappointed in him giving me the BSPN Skip/Shannon debate he had prolly just heard. 

Bottom line: BSPN is getting to hood normal people and messing up their brains 🧠!

The End.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well not mine but the company’s. Super cool dude looks like that Schneider dude from one day at a time. OG prolly around 60 or so. Biggest Laker fan and we talk hoops for the longest and he knows his stuff.

Usually a quiet type of dude who rarely shares his opinion but I think he may have had too much coffee ☕️ or something yesterday cuz he saw me and the first thing he said..

Him: He’s a coach killer man if you can’t play for Nate McMillan you can’t play for any coach. He’s a class act Mr. Sonic.

I didn’t say much else. I was more disappointed in him giving me the BSPN Skip/Shannon debate he had prolly just heard. 

Bottom line: BSPN is getting to hood normal people and messing up their brains 🧠!

The End.

Meanwhile 80% of the folks here nodding with Skip and your custodian.

Makes me wonder how they were feeling when he played well.  Hmmmm....

Actually, no, I don't wonder.  They were always secretly rooting for him to fail.  Weird stance for a Hawks fan(sic). 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The End.

surprised you didn't put him on your ignore list.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's not weird, if you read between the lines.  Whenever the guy did anything good, folks used strange stretches to explain why it 'wasn't' an accomplishment.  Seeing him struggle, even a little, made them fully comfortable now calling him trash.  All it took was some loose 'reports', sourced or unsourced, to get us where we are.

Preach, moddaddy.

Familiarity (and, in some cases, weak-mindedness.....) has bred contempt.  Folks out here thinking we're a TJ McConnell away from a title I guess.

Let the man (CQS) atleast get his coaches in place for deciding we "can't win with" our only allstar.

Maybe some folks think Trae is standing in the way of hunter becoming an all-NBA guy?  Newsflash: That ain't it, chief.  Guy's gotta learn to string more than 3 dribbles together, for one. 

Yes exactly.  Trae has to play much better but we've all seen him do that.  Other guys we are just hoping they become better.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes exactly.  Trae has to play much better but we've all seen him do that.  Other guys we are just hoping they become better.

When I see Trae dribble-drive into an obvious turnover-block situation, I'm thinking "dang I wish someone else on the roster was able to drive against pressure."

Most of these folks seem to think that's happening because he's selfish.  No, it's happening because nobody else has the guts to do anything but let Trae take heat. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We haven't seen Trae play much better this entire season save for 1 game, maybe 2 at most.   Seriously go through teh game logs and point to more than 1-2 games where he was great from start to finish in all aspects.

He used to do that on the regular, now it was literally 1-2x all season long.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, shakes said:

We haven't seen Trae play much better this entire season save for 1 game, maybe 2 at most.   Seriously go through teh game logs and point to more than 1-2 games where he was great from start to finish in all aspects.

I think that may be overstated but i don't really disagree with the premise.   But like you said he used to do that on the regular.  No reason he can't still do it.   

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think that may be overstated but i don't really disagree with the premise.   But like you said he used to do that on the regular.  No reason he can't still do it.   

I'm losing faith game by game that he can get back to that.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I get a lot of "Hawks are going to trade Trae this summer" from random websites or people that know I am a Hawks fan as well. It is kinda weird. Unless Quin tells the FO he can't win in the postseason with Trae then Trae is going nowhere. And Quin likes Trae so...

You guys see quin's reaction to some of those turnovers trae had in game 2... Im not saying hes there yet but it would not shock me if trae is traded after next season

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You guys see quin's reaction to some of those turnovers trae had in game 2... Im not saying hes there yet but it would not shock me if trae is traded after next season

Should he smile when we turn it over?

Is he happy when others turn it over?

No disrespect intended, just saying I think this is an example of taking a situation and reading more into it than is actually there. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, shakes said:

I'm losing faith game by game that he can get back to that.

I'm not.  We're just too close to it.   2 years ago he was great.   He was actually really good last year.  Everyone just remembers the miami series.  The entire organization has been turned over in the last year.  But in the scheme of things one bad year isn't much if you start building properly.   Especially if your bad year was 26/10 and spot in the playoffs.  (I know, 'counting' stats are meaningless right? )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Trae had his usual slow start to the regular season shooting from 3:

32%, 29%, 32% from Oct thru Dec. Then picked it up from Jan thru March for 33%, 38%, 40%....Then the calendar switched to April was 2-15 for 13% in those 3 games and unfortunately it has carried over into the playoffs.

He had a very uneven season overall though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, shakes said:

Whats the requirement for "much better"?