Supes Offseason fixes

NBASupes

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So elite somehow is not the top tier? Now there are categories of elite like super duper elite and none Hall of Fame elite? Is that even a thing to be elite but not Hall of Fame material? Heck Nique wasn't elite at anything except jumping and he is a Hall of Fame. But ok

You gave a grading scale.  You said everyone who is an "A" player is elite.  You also said half of B players are elite.  Now you are saying that roughly less than 1% of players are elite.  You are all over the place.

Nique wasn't an elite scorer despite finishing as the #7 scorer in NBA history when he retired?  This is a different use of the word "elite" from how others use the word.

The top tier of basketball is 3 people - LeBron, MJ and Kareem.  Using the word "elite" like most people use it, the list of elite players goes well beyond 3 and the "top tier."  

For example, many people use the word "elite" to refer to the top 1% of wealthiest people.  There have been nearly 5000 people who have played in the NBA.  If you use that 1% definition, that would mean the top 50 or so players are elite.

KAT is easily in the top 50 in numerous career metrics.

That is partly why I keep asking what you meant when you gave your grading scale and decided that elite not only included every "A" player but also half the "B" players but then decided it was only the top tier.  I don't understand what your grading scale and those numbers are supposed to mean.

@Diesel we can agree to disagree. half the guys you mentioned are hybrids. KD is a pure 3 with length. Kuzma, Gordon, and Lebron are 3s who became 4s as their bodies matured. Lauri is a pure stretch 4 who plays like a 3. JJJ and Mobley are natural 4/5s who can occasionally step out to 3 but aren’t really great shooters. Their value is in spacing and rim protection with the exception of KAT who can’t really guard either position but is a plus offensive threat.

Randall is really the only pure 4 on that list but he offers nothing in rim protection and plays mostly as a shot creator more in the Lauri mold. 

If bigs don’t offer any interior presence they  negate their biggest advantage. Ex. If JC could kill Tatum in the post it creates a major defensive mismatch they would have to account for that takes away their natural offensive advantage. Because he provides nothing offensively or defensively we are playing 5 on 4 every possession.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Nique was an inefficient scorer which isnt elite but let's just drop this because its a stupid argument that I don't care to comment on anymore

You gave the numbers but won't explain them?  OK.  Your call.  Seems like a really basic ask but whatever.

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

@bird_dirt I actually did which was trade Murray for Nic Claxton and draft capital. Or I like the idea of pursuing Robin Lopez or Zubac. Then somehow trade Capela in a separate deal.

I like it, but I can’t come up with any way to trade DJM for Claxton, since he makes twice as much and salary cap gets in the way for both teams.

Maybe Murray for Zubac, Bones, and Coffey. 
TBH, I don’t know enough about the clippers to know if that is worth it for us or for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would consider signing D. Brooks as a MLE candidate. While I realize he's a risk. He's also affordable and fits a need for us. The issue is, he has his worts. It's hard to find a fit for fit. With most of these deals, you are taking on some baggage to a degree. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Sean Denveney reported speculation of a deal of JC for Simmons (if he wants to play still).    We would put in Bogi and get back Finney Smith.     I’m sure we’d have to get a pick or so for taking on Simmons. Interesting….

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, georgia said:

Sean Denveney reported speculation of a deal of JC for Simmons (if he wants to play still).    We would put in Bogi and get back Finney Smith.     I’m sure we’d have to get a pick or so for taking on Simmons. Interesting….

This is a terrible deal for Atlanta and Bogi can't be traded till TC. JC goes anywhere, it's likely Dallas or Houston. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would consider signing D. Brooks as a MLE candidate. While I realize he's a risk. He's also affordable and fits a need for us. The issue is, he has his worts. It's hard to find a fit for fit. With most of these deals, you are taking on some baggage to a degree. 

Glad someone said it…this is just like the Ayton stuff to me for those who don’t like him. Good luck filling your needs and finding players with no baggage.

id be ok with Dillion Brooks…this team need a little dogg in them.

1 hour ago, georgia said:

I’m not sure who Sean is …but you listed his name as if he has some insider info lol…anywho …I only say no because Simmons isn’t playing. If he we’re playing I’d say maybe but we have Jalen Johnson on our bench who need to be utilized and played more often as a playmaking forward.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, georgia said:

That's awful....we'd have even less shooting than this season.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope.   Wouldn't consider it.  He's just working on last years trade deadline stuff.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

DFS couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last year and we all know Simmons is kind of historic for his lack of range / shooting ability.  In light of how Simmons played last year, I can't imagine this deal happening.  If we did that, it would have to be the first in a series of moves.  I don't think BS and CC can coexist on the same roster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1