• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I see some cracks in the Celtics Exterior.

Diesel

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Boston has one more run in them.  They will put it all out during the first half of game 6.   IF we can weather that... Self doubt, lack of confidence, coaching doubt, and every bit of bickering about others not doing their job will spill in.  Unless Al Horford is coaching these guys up where Mazzulla is failing, they are due for an implosion. 

No doubt they will come in guns blazing on Thursday. If the Hawks are still right there with them or even leading after the first half, that would be an indication the momentum has shifted in this series. It's not all about the Celtics imploding either. The Hawks straight took Game 5 on the road last night in a way that reminded me of the grit and determination of the '20-'21 Playoff run. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh yeah...  we have to weather their first two attacks..

The thing about this point in the series is that we have seen just about everything that they will do.   Quin is smart... he's coaching up our guys on where we have been failing... stopping the down hill scores.   I'm afraid that Boston will do one new thing though.. I think they will put a constant double team on Trae. 

It's a Mazzulla thing to do...  He is probably thinking, it worked for Miami. 

The problem is that it creates doubt for your defense... I love it.   Plus, it opens the flood gates for all the other hawks... where a guy like Bogi or Bey and definitely Dejounte can eat.  And Trae will still get his dimes.   The thinking of Mazzulla is that if I can get the ball out of his hands, I can beat them.    A little of that is true.. and would have worked for game 5.  But DJ coming back.   The unknown is JC.  IF JC can reach down and have another good game, Boston is in trouble. 

This is where Jalen's emergence could be so critical. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's realistic that he could step up as a ball distributor that disarms that strategy.

• Like 1

My impressions immediately. Doubling Tatum early to get the ball out of his hands, just like teams do to Trae, seems to be working. Giving up middle to protect the corners is not working. Spacing for them, good, spacing for us, getting better.  IMHO, the difference maker so far in this series is Derrick White.  We need to get the ball out of his hands quicker. He can't be allowed to make runs at the basket.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

My impressions immediately. Doubling Tatum early to get the ball out of his hands, just like teams do to Trae, seems to be working. Giving up middle to protect the corners is not working. Spacing for them, good, spacing for us, getting better.  IMHO, the difference maker so far in this series is Derrick White.  We need to get the ball out of his hands quicker. He can't be allowed to make runs at the basket.

Applause GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I wish there was someway we could sell out to stop Derrick White.  Maybe DJ can reach down deep and put the clamps on him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Applause GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I wish there was someway we could sell out to stop Derrick White.  Maybe DJ can reach down deep and put the clamps on him. 

We just need to show the double/traffic to slow his roll to the basket.  He can muscle/length anyone to the basket 1v1. You have to interrupt his very direct drives early to keep him outside of 10 feet where he becomes mortal.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This coaching mismatch is starting to bear out as I said it would. 

Hadn't had any strong opinion about Mazzulla... didn't think we had a lot of evidence either way that he, nor Udoka for that matter, was/is a difference maker.

But right now is when strong opinions are rightfully being formed. How does he handle this moment. How does his team perform Thursday.

If we win Thu, I'm inclined to think the BOS home court advantage in Game 7 gets neutralized by a head coaching advantage, and it really then just comes down to players playing... and... sorry to say, but it has to be said... refs reffing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We just need to show the double/traffic to slow his roll to the basket.  He can muscle/length anyone to the basket 1v1. You have to interrupt his very direct drives early to keep him outside of 10 feet where he becomes mortal.

Look at that.  TC showing up with the big posting performance just like JC did last night.  Excellent 

• Haha 2