• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Serious question#2: Could Joe Johnson coexist with Trae Young? Would it have made him better or worse?

thecampster

• Premium Member

You funny.

No, Seriously...   Joe Johnson and Korver are guys that didn't need the ball in their hands until it was scoring time. 

He's Iso-Joe for a reason.   I suppose the offense would be whatever Trae is doing with the rest of the team until he passes it to Joe.  Joe is going to dance with the ball and score.   The thing that Joe gives would be a player who can handle the ball.  The way that it would look could be like Nash and Joe in Phoenix. Coaching makes a difference.  The way that most expect it to look is your turn, my turn. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Joe Johnson would be closer to what we want Murray to be and is also a better shooter.  He worked well with Steve Nash, and Trae would be similar.  

My thoughts as well. Having better size than DJ to cover the bigger SGs would also make for a better pairing with Trae on the defensive end as well.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2023 at 11:18 AM, NBASupes said:

JJ would be an excellent #3 if we had an offensive big with him and Trae. Probably a contender. 

I think JJ would potentially be Devin Booker, if paired with Trae. Mainly because he'll get a lot more clean 3 point looks.  Trae would get more clean looks too, with JJ's ability to pass the ball.

image.png

• Moderators
17 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think JJ would potentially be Devin Booker, if paired with Trae. Mainly because he'll get a lot more clean 3 point looks.  Trae would get more clean looks too, with JJ's ability to pass the ball.

image.png

In 2004-05 playing off of Nash and getting those great open looks, Joe shot 47.8% from 3pt range.  Probably too high to be sustainable but shows how he could do with some nice space and good feeds.  It was on high volume as well (4.5 attempts per game and 370 3pt attempts that season).

• Like 2