• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Ripple Effect... Watch out for the Waves.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Now that Boston has traded Marcus Smart, there will be a Ripple Effect.  I don't have any insider knowledge, I just study the science of Basketball.   Here's my estimation:  Boston will come to Atlanta with a deal. 

Something like Jaylen Brown and Al Horford to Atlanta For Capela and Murray and probably 1 1st rounder

I can see this deal happening for several reasons:

1.  They are in desperate Need of a PG. 

2.   Capela and Murray will help their defense.  A rotation of Williams and Capela would be dominant in the East. 

3.  KP replaces Horford in several ways.   He was not great in the Finals. 

4.  They really don't want to pay Brown. 

Now I'm sure that @JayBirdHawk will tell me the ramifications of a Brown trade and how much he can get or what not but right now, Boston is driving and I think they will try to take advantage of us.   If we make the deal, Horf probably retires.   So really it saves money. 

I just don't think Brown is that dude. 

THoughts?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ABH said:

I want nothing to do with AL Horford

No worries, if said deal were done, either we'd buy him out or he would retire.   This deal probably gives @Gray Mule his wish.. we'd probably draft Lively and make OO the starter. 

I just don't see how nobody can factor in that Now Boston is desperate for a PG.  I can believe that a call was made to Atlanta last night at 11:58 PM and they wanted to know if we were still interested in Murray for Brown. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

That Boston Squad would be scarier....

DJ, DWhite, Tatum, KP, and CC

The other thing to notice...  Getting KP allows Boston to move Tatum back to his natural position.   If they do that, where does Brown go?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Now I'm sure that @JayBirdHawk will tell me the ramifications of a Brown trade and how much he can get or what

kermit-the-frog-driiving.gif

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That Boston Squad would be scarier....

so why exactly would the Hawks be making them scarier at our expense?

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We aren't getting Brown.   Derrick White is their starting PG and they are fine with that.   There's a plethora of backup PGs available around the league.   

That's a recipe for destruction.. but I'm not mad.  I don't like Boston.    The strength of Derrick White this season was being unnoticed.  You can't play PG and be unnoticed. 

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We aren't getting Brown.   Derrick White is their starting PG and they are fine with that.   There's a plethora of backup PGs available around the league.   

Pritchard is still there too even though he asked to be traded. Maybe having a bigger role makes him want to stay.

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Pritchard is still there too even though he asked to be traded. Maybe having a bigger role makes him want to stay.

I thought Pritchard and Gallo were included in the trade for KP?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

That's a recipe for destruction.. but I'm not mad.  I don't like Boston.    The strength of Derrick White this season was being unnoticed.  You can't play PG and be unnoticed. 

I'm not sure what that means.   He started 16 of their playoff games this year.   I noticed him.  

image.png

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not sure what that means.   He started 16 of their playoff games this year.   I noticed him.  

image.png

Yeah... you noticed him but defenses didn't.  He played SG in the playoffs.  It's easy to go unnoticed on those backdoor cuts when you're not playing PG.   However, when you're playing PG, you're noticed.  You are followed. You are hounded.   Imagine them playing Miami. So they take the floor with Williams, KP, Tatum, Brown, White as the PG...   Tatum is shadowed with a double all game.  They are putting pressure on White.   Maybe Bam.  And then they put a little man on KP and play their second big on Williams.  Just like before, they want to force the ball into Brown's hands. 

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't think they are desperate for a point guard.  Brogden has been a starting point guard, White has some playmaking chops, plus Tatum, Brown and possible Pritchett.