• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

As for a trade with the Raptors, if it is going to happen is going to take some time. Masai has only made 2 offseason trades since 2018 summer and the timing was pretty late:

Jul 18, 2018

Aug 6, 2021

As for trades with the Wolves, until I see them linked together in national or local media, I don't believe anything is active.

We'll just have to see if other trade opportunities arise. If JB doesn't sign an extension this weekend that might be more alarming.

It might be good for everyone's sanity to settle on this depth chart for now. If we can move the bolded name players by the trade deadline that would be smart FO work:

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

And I am worried with Bufkin honestly.

44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bufkin didn't look great, not gonna lie. Hopefully he bounces back in game 2.

It'll take time......

• Like 2

With Kobe Bufkin, if his shot was falling last night, there is a completely different narrative today.  He did a great job of getting to where he wanted to be.  He was able to create some mid range pull up jumpers and a couple of floaters in the lane.  There is nothing wrong with his three point shot mechanically.  It just wasn’t falling.  He showed good court vision but made some spotty decisions on some passes.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

Are the Mavs one of the other teams? 

Interesting.  The Hawks apparently wanted him in the draft day deal.  Curious to see if Green will be coming to the Hawks or going to the Timberwolves.  

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Interesting.  The Hawks apparently wanted him in the draft day deal.  Curious to see if Green will be coming to the Hawks or going to the Timberwolves.  

I could see to the T Wolves with Bey which saves us JJ. Not sure who sends out the 2nd FRP in this situation.

IMG_8698.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I could see to the T Wolves with Bey which saves us JJ. Not sure who sends out the 2nd FRP in this situation.

IMG_8698.png

I severely doubt the wolves would say yes to taking on THJ. Maybe an expiring but not something into 2024-2025.

Like I said, nobody wants to take on the Mavs trash.

Edited by theheroatl

Just now, theheroatl said:

I severely doubt the wolves would say yes to taking on THJ

They’re going to have to take on some kind of salary to make this work. 

TH Jr can play and becomes an expiring next summer that they’ll be able to move if not sooner at the deadline.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Not possible to take Capela for just Josh Green and picks. Teams don't want the Mavs other trash either. I call BS.

It would be some combination of THJr/Kleber/McGee/Green

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

They’re going to have to take on some kind of salary to make this work. 

TH Jr can play and becomes an expiring next summer that they’ll be able to move if not sooner at the deadline.

The point is cap relief if I’m the Wolves. That’s the first requirement. After that it’s picks to put on Ants timeline and to recoup from Gobert trade. This is the best time to recoup picks… via KAT. IMO Connelly is not stupid enough to consider KAT as salary dump. Whoever started off their insider rumor with that needs to get a brain check.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It would be some combination of THJr/Kleber/McGee/Green

They want cap relief and picks or else they’re stupid.

Also THJ is a negative asset that can’t be flipped easily. Mavs and Hawks are low on on draft capital.

NBAtwitter strikes again.

Edited by theheroatl

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The point is cap relief if I’m the Wolves. That’s the first requirement. After that it’s picks to put on Ants timeline and to recoup from Gobert trade. This is the best time to recoup picks… via KAT.

They want cap relief and picks or else they’re stupid.

Like they have to take some salary back and this saves them $9M and then they can dump TH Jr later. 

6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Like they have to take some salary back and this saves them $9M and then they can dump TH Jr later. 

From the Wolves point of view this is a bad trade. If it's this obvious, then it's a head scratcher and I put it in the category of fan fiction. Mavs would love this and Hawks would love this but the seller is the one that has to be convinced and that typically is fan fiction.

Bey needs a new contract and THJ is a negative asset that can't be flipped, maybe expiring for a 2nd.

Edited by theheroatl

35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Does this person have any credibility or is this just some wannabe insider rando?