• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Facts. His defense is worth the merit but his offense is probably the 2nd worst in this draft class aside from Ryan Dunn who is a generational bad offensive NBA prospect. 

That's the part that bothers me so much. His limited dribble pull up jumper from 21ft and under is his best shot. The rest is bad or it's dunks. That's scary for a NBA draft prospect who's labeled as a big. 

To this  I say so what? We have clint...enough said.  His offense can't be worse than Clint's. Our offense isn't centered around the center position anyway so why is this even a talking point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I agree in general about his type of player, but there's still a role for guys like him. It's just not featured or prominent. He avg 18pts and 19 reb per 36 this year. It's just in a much lesser role because the C position has changed. But his type isn't obsolete. 

It will be soon.  The only reason guys like him still have a job is because there aren’t enough athletic skilled bigs to completely phase them out.  However, the number of athletic skilled bigs will increase in the near future.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Several of us have the same opinion. It just gets lost in the noise. And most don't have any interest in going 99 rounds. IYKWIM

We know.  Try mentioning the name Ingram.  There is an auto reply.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

To this  I say so what? We have clint...enough said.  His offense can't be worse than Clint's. Our offense isn't centered around the center position anyway so why is this even a talking point?

Clint is washed now and was good at a lot of things you expect bigs to do. Even now, he's still tough, never been soft, doesn't get scared of physical, and CC is a solid post defender. 

Washed CC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sarr as a 5. 

This kid screams kids like Anthony Randolph, Marquese Chriss, and Jonathan Bender and I really loved Jon Bender because his flashes amazed me but when you are suppose to be a big and you play like a perimeter player, you gotta be good at being a perimeter player in some way. He's not any good at anything right now as a perimeter player.

That doesn't mean he doesn't show flashes and have the potential but it means exactly what it says, he's not good right now. Essentially, he's giving Chriss vibes but Chriss was decent at shooting for his play style as a prospect, Sarr is below average. 

KG even as a rookie had a tremendous skill set offensively. He was just limited by strength to an extreme degree. Even then, he was quick and explosive as shit.

Sarr is more like Bukfin to KG who's more like Wade. Bufkin lateral quickness is one of the best I've seen from a guard. But his quickness and explosiveness is nowhere close to Wade. Same for KG compared to Sarr. Sarr lateral quickness is world class buy KG is world's better quickness and explosiveness wise.

Ya'll selling this kid as if he's Mobley or KG when he's Chriss and Bender. He's not that guy. Chriss and Bender has plenty of untapped potential but neither came close because they don't have a define skill set which helps teams win games.  

21 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Sarr is by far the best defender and the Hawks have needed the best defender available for several years now. It’s a no brainer IMO.

I wouldn’t ship that pick away

A JJJ clone is very much an asset on a championship team

JJJ is so much better offensively and they are world's apart. 

JJJ can really shoot. 

JJJ had a post up game even if it was unbalanced like Marvin's

JJJ offensive BBIQ wasn't nothing to laugh at. 

JJJ also is much bigger size wise in terms of frame and bulk 

What they have in common and both are 4s and really can't handle physicality but Sarr doesn't foul like a mad man like JJJ does. 

A better version of JJJ is Cameron Brink with the LA Sparks. She's like the JJJ that I like. 

The issue with Sarr has nothing to do with defense outside of the fact that he's not good at things you want from a center but he's exceptional at things you want from a big wing or a 4 on D. 

Offense, is where the parts come and you can sell flashes till your face turns blue but bigs are suppose to have clear skill sets on offense. If you can't explain what they do or you gotta make it up. You are taking a clear bust. The Cam Reddish experience is my prime example of saying what u hope he is then what he actually is and once we got him, being mad that he wasn't what I wanted him to be. That's my fault. Not his, he sucked ass on tape. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

It will be soon.  The only reason guys like him still have a job is because there aren’t enough athletic skilled bigs to completely phase them out.  However, the number of athletic skilled bigs will increase in the near future.  

I agree from a starting center standpoint that the league is leaving them in the dust, but I do like them situationally off the bench. It would be nice to have someone that could play 15 minutes vs an Embiid and just help wear him down.

Again, no where near rotation, just a third center.

4 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I agree from a starting center standpoint that the league is leaving them in the dust, but I do like them situationally off the bench. It would be nice to have someone that could play 15 minutes vs an Embiid and just help wear him down.

Again, no where near rotation, just a third center.

Just have to realize that this archetype is a dime a dozen. You should not spend big resources on this archetype.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Nobody is saying Sarr is good offensively. Heck I don't even expect him to be more than a 20 ppg in the long run. Rookie szn I expect him around 10-12 ppg just off lobs and open 3s, some in between game. Comparing him to a complete zero on offense is hilarious. Sarr just like Ausar is a great athlete who will score in transition like Ausar does but he has way more shooting ability. Ausar is an 18% shooter on nothing but wide open 3s. He is one of the worst offensive prospects ever lol. Comparing someone thats whole jumper needs to be reworked to Sarr who has *some* offensive game is funny man. I don't get why you trying to put him down so much. He has a solid handle at his size, ability to shoot at his size, immediate lob threat, and has flashed an in between game. Ausar has none of that but the handle

It's not easy to score 10-12 ppg off lobs and dunks especially if you are a straight up negative because you are offensively unplayable. Ya'll really don't realize how bad this kid is right now offensively. Ya'll think Trae is this magic man. He will be in College Park working at a level where it's not overwhelming because he would stink so bad in the NBA offensively. 

Ausar can pass, straight line dribble to a degree, excellent in transition, and had high BBIQ and feel for his age and because he couldn't shoot at a NBA level, he can't even function. You got a kid in Sarr who can't even play functional big man. He's gonna be a complete liability. 

Do you realize how hard it is to hit shots in the NBA with the speed of the game? Sarr will go through the same thing. Ausar shoot with a NBA 3pt line in OTE, 33% and 70% FT with a projected 35%. Even I and others knew his jumper was gonna be rough in the NBA and it was. I don't see how you are defending a kid who in 7 months, you will tell me, just give him time Supes. I said the same thing about Reddish. Just give him time. Even when we traded him, we just needed to give him time. I learned from my mistakes. Don't fall into my trap I made with Reddish. If you suck and only show flashes, you better be athletically insane like Edwards. 

Just now, KB21 said:

He’s this way with every big who can shoot and doesn’t play primarily from the post.  

All that Edey talk just to jump up and hes completely off the board. I'd be sick too

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, AHF said:

This means you think Drummond will be able to shoot over Sarr.

i don’t think he would shoot over Sarr.  I think he would bang Sarr out of the way and then attack the basket.

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You're right...misstated my position

I'm not crapping on Sarr.  Just trying to be realistic.  Drummond has 60 pounds and 11+ years on him.  I think Sarr is going to get pushed around some as a rookie.  If it isn't Drummond it will be someone else.

I'm still very excited about the idea of us adding Sarr but assume that OO will have to take some of the bigs who lead with strength for this reason.  Sarr does have the length that he could still concede ground and bother guys with his length but he is going to have warts as a 19 year old rookie and I expect his ability to contest strong big men is going to be one of them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

All that Edey talk just to jump up and hes completely off the board. I'd be sick too

The Edey fans are in for a rude awakening on draft night.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Edey fans are in for a rude awakening on draft night.  

I can't wait. Gonna be hilarious the angles they take to defend his stats vs trash on Sarrs. Flirting vs harassment

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can't wait. Gonna be hilarious the angles they take to defend his stats vs trash on Sarrs. Flirting vs harassment

Yep.  They will then talk about how wrong the NBA is for wanting bigs to actually be skilled and be able to move.