• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Just now, Mikey said:

No way you actually beleive this. He’s a complete zero on offense. 

That's better than Sarr right now on offense. That's the problem, Ausar is tremendous on D but he's horrible offensively and he's still way better than Sarr on offense. 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ausar is basically a more offensively talented Sarr but at a position we need more. Whereas Sarr is a position of need for Detroit at the 4. 

I actually can’t believe you think this. Did you watch him at all this season? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, I am not saying this for no reason. Sarr is freaking terrible offensively and it's gonna look horrendous when he's in the NBA. At least in the first couple years. 

Ausar was miles better on OTE offensively and his offensive struggles was expected in the NBA and its been what I expected. I expect way worse from Sarr. He's one of the worst offensive prospects I've ever seen that's suppose to be a high draft pick. He's better than Dunn, thats all I can really say. 

This kid is horrendous offensively. Ya'll gonna see where ever he goes that his offense will be way behind his defense and it may never catch up like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Some people's analysis seems to sway towards their opinions.  Rather than allowing the analysis to influence their opinions. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Some people's analysis seems to sway towards their opinions.  Rather than allowing the analysis to influence their opinions. 

The analysis is also bad. Even his biggest supporters will tell you offensively, he's weak unless they are delusional and trying to sell you flashes. 

https://tankathon.com/players/alexandre-sarr

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No way you actually beleive this. He’s a complete zero on offense. 

That’s the Marvin Bagley will be ROY comment for this year.  Ausar Thompson isn’t close to Sarr.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

. I might be the  lone voice in the wilderness but I'd love to him, Jalen and OO out there and no one cares what position each guy is playing.

You don’t read other folks posts do you? Uh huh, ya you’re the lone one Soth. 🙄 

• Haha 4

Just now, Sothron said:

Sarr has solid shooting fundamentals and shot I think 71% at FT last season. He's also incredibly young. If his defense is Mobley level which I firmly believe it is then that's all I care about frankly. If he can just rim run and put in bunnies he's going to feast just on that from Trae. 

Sarr can shoot from outside including 3. I'm not understanding this degree of criticism. Yes, he's clearly got a lot of work to do on offense. I might be the  lone voice in the wilderness but I'd love to him, Jalen and OO out there and no one cares what position each guy is playing. Sarr as a three would be TERRIFYING because how do you match up with that?

Thank you! 
He’s got an offensive bag, he’s shown the ability to do a lot of things. Now he just needs practice to be able to do it consistently. He’s starting off from a better place than trying to teach someone something new that the haven’t done before. 

I don’t care where is final primary position will end up being - 3, 4, or 5 - he’s going to grow into a very good player. It will just depend on the coaching, team around him, & how his body grows. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I said it before but I don't think anyone commented on it so I figured it was an unpopular take. If you said it somewhere between supes insulting half the board sorry I missed it.

Several of us have the same opinion. It just gets lost in the noise. And most don't have any interest in going 99 rounds. IYKWIM

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I said it before but I don't think anyone commented on it so I figured it was an unpopular take. If you said it somewhere between supes insulting half the board sorry I missed it.

No need for anyone to get worked up.  You aren’t alone on this.  I’m one who is very excited about the idea of those three playing together with their length and athleticism.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

No need for anyone to get worked up.  You aren’t alone on this.  I’m one who is very excited about the idea of those three playing together with their length and athleticism.

Every Hawk fan has to be tired of teams owning the paint like Drummond getting his usual 20/20 in 15 minutes on the Hawks

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Every Hawk fan has to be tired of teams owning the paint like Drummond getting his usual 20/20 in 15 minutes on the Hawks

In fairness, Drummond probably would be kicking his chops against a JJ, Sarr, OO frontcourt next year.  Two guys are too small to check him and the other doesn’t have his man strength.  Drummond would have trouble staying with them but I don’t expect OO or Sarr to be real scary on offense.

• Like 1