• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you rather lose Onyeka or AJ in a trade?

akay

Would you rather lose Onyeka or AJ in a trade?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Getting a check on who we'd be less sad with leaving

Just now, akay said:

Getting a check on who we'd be less sad with leaving

I'm trying to vote but damn I don't wanna lose either of emĀ šŸ˜­

• Premium Member

I'm saying Onyeka ONLY because Trae can make any big man look good whereas it's harder to find a young guy with AJ's skill.

Betting on AJ to become an all star vs Onyeka being a solid starter

• 4 weeks later...

I went with OO bc it seems to be more difficult to find a competent center, much less a good one, that can help on both O and D. How many years did we suffer until we got CC? And even now we are hoping OO is an improvement over CC.Ā 
Iā€™m willing to bet very good offensive wings that donā€™t provide much help on defense are easier to replace.Ā 
We may not be able to find a replacement as good as AJ, but the gap between an AJ replacement is likely to be much smaller than the gap between OO and whoever his replacement would be.Ā 
Ā 

Just look at our roster now. If AJ or OO are out for an extended period of time, who will be easier to replace? Which will hurt us more being out? Bruno stepping in for OO, or Bogi/Bey stepping in for AJā€™s minutes?

• Premium Member

Actually, you have to look at the potential of both being that this is AJ's first year.Ā 

Ā 

image.png

Ā 

image.png

AJ's potential is high.Ā  He has a pro's body.Ā  He has a pro's timing.Ā  His defense is what is keeping him off the floor.Ā  But he's only 19.Ā 

OO is young too.Ā  I would just say that the ceiling his higher for AJ.Ā 

Ā 

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If either leave Iā€™m going toā€¦Ā 

Ok fine, Iā€™ll answer.. NEITHER.

untouchables:

Trae/OO/AJ to me.

Untouchable sounds so final.

I mean, if OO/DJ/AJ for Stephen Curry were offered, I would jump.Ā 

If OO/DJ/AJ for Giannis were offered, I would take it.Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, shakes said:

AJ, I don't trust people who look like crap in year 2 of Summer League.Ā  Big red flag.

I think you are really overstating the impact of him playing two games focusing on defense.Ā  If he would have gone Dion Glover and tried to score a bunch, he would have looked a lot better.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I donā€™t think any year 2 player with a solid role on a team should or would go hard in summer league.

interesting.Ā  yet, every summer league we see countless 2nd year players come in and basically do whatever they want while dominating summer league.

You'd be hard pressed to find a 2022 FRP who looked worse than AJ in summer league.

Ā 

Ā 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think you are really overstating the impact of him playing two games focusing on defense.Ā  If he would have gone Dion Glover and tried to score a bunch, he would have looked a lot better.

he didn't look like he was focusing on defense when he was forcing and missing shot after shot in those games.

Ā 

Are you saying that it's too hard to focus on defense and offense in the same game and therefore he should be excused?Ā  I'd like to think the bar is set higher for a professional athlete.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

he didn't look like he was focusing on defense when he was forcing and missing shot after shot in those games.

Ā 

Are you saying that it's too hard to focus on defense and offense in the same game and therefore he should be excused?Ā  I'd like to think the bar is set higher for a professional athlete.

I thought he was focusing on rebounding.Ā  He was proving that he's better than DHunter.Ā 

Ā 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Ā 

Iā€™m saying play against actual NBA players is 1000x more significant than two summer league games. Ā 

• Like 2