• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

KD who also has 2 years remaining on his contract and is always ready to request a trade at the drop of a hat? That makes ZERO sense.

KD is 38, we got a lot more flex with him than with Trae. Trae in the prime of his career. KD is in the twilight of his. Let's say it's not KD, we still need to find someone or you get LA Lakers is preparing to offer a blockbuster package for Trae Young including Rui Shitumura and Austin Overrated Reaves and draft picks. Is that what you want? 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. I was just throwing some shit together since KD would be the 3. No, I don't believe NY will trade for Dre. 

I think KD's days at SF is over.  

I was talking about Dre's actual value and what we might get in a trade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What I want is for Ressler to actually spend to put a winning product on the court. I'd rather take my chances with anything out there besides trading KD for Trae. 

KD in Atlanta without Trae is a losing proposition from the start. He's playing with Booker in Phoenix and is already unhappy. He'll never be happy.

There ain't really nothing to spend. Sure, he could get some legit decent reserves but he would kill his profit by doing that. That's not how business leaders think. Good reserves like Bruce damn Brown cost and same as Dre. Shit just really costly these days. We could definitely trade for Gallo and Delon back if WAS wants to do so.

The reason we are f***ed is because we don't have anything locked in but Murray and OO. Everything else is for a couple more years outside of Kobe and AJ. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's no universe where I'm trading Trae Young for 38 year old KD. 

This team made IMO a huge mistake in running Travis out the door. We have no control of the ownership. Ressler is meddling and won't pay the LT. It is fairly obvious now that he was in this to own the team on a temporary basis and then try to cash out later with franchise values continue to rise.

So our FO needs to be smart and needs to be able to run things past Ressler if they can. We have Tony and Nick Ressler who think they know more about basketball than the actual basketball people...and a newish FO that has some brains and value. But...how much can they do with a meddling owner that won't pay the LT?

Rather people want to go for the third star approach or a soft rebuild approach we only have Trae for two seasons after this that we can count on. Would  you want to stay with an owner that won't pay the LT if you were Trae as a FA? I know what I would do: its been real and its been fun but it hasn't been really fun. Cya.

Just throwing it shit out there at first. I wasn't even thinking that deeply about it. In fact, it lead to the real deal which actually does help us in Devin Booker. 

I am all in for Devin Booker for Trae. That trade I posted is tremendous for both teams. Fixes each team issue. Considering how bad shit is in Atlanta and Phoenix. It's like the perfect trade for both parties. I understand Trae stans gonna bitch but he has trade power this summer, I would much rather Booker than Reeves, Vando and Gabe Vincent with a lot of useless picks. 

All of the trades I've heard with the Hawks name been ass. None have been any good. None will make us better. I finally found a trade that would make us better as well as the other team. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Rather people want to go for the third star approach or a soft rebuild approach we only have Trae for two seasons after this that we can count on. Would  you want to stay with an owner that won't pay the LT if you were Trae as a FA? I know what I would do: its been real and its been fun but it hasn't been really fun. Cya.

We don't have two years. Trae's trade clock starts this summer. All he has to do is get Rich Paul to say Trae is requesting a trade outside of Atlanta. That's it. When you are at two years, you have trade leverage in this league. 

Trae has to be on the block right now. More than even Murray. He can't be on the trade block but he has to be on the if a star is available, Trae has to be available. It's that simple. We don't have time. 

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Situation sucks for JC because he didn't do anything wrong.  His agent got him a contract that makes him an albatross.  It's the kiss of death.  

Reading that thread is a mirror of what our forum discussions were like except Utah has no affection for the JC of rebuilding years and ECF run.  We missed on trading him at the right time to get some assets back, but now Utah is stuck with a negative value player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Situation sucks for JC because he didn't do anything wrong.  His agent got him a contract that makes him an albatross.  It's the kiss of death.  

Reading that thread is a mirror of what our forum discussions were like except Utah has no affection for the JC of rebuilding years and ECF run.  We missed on trading him at the right time to get some assets back, but now Utah is stuck with a negative value player.

Bro should have never got that money. His prototype is dead af. Look at Christian Wood. He's about to be in Guandong

I wanted his ass traded years before his rookie contract ended. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1