• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When the whole Milsap thing Trade or Not Trade thing happened......I said 'HIRE BASKETBALL PEOPLE AND LET THEM DO BASKETBALL THINGS!!!!.....now here we are...AGAIN!

Basketball people like Danny Ferry and Wes Wilcox and Schlenk?

Basketball people like Steve Ballmer? Yeah that has worked out LMAO

You ask for this but it doesn't make a difference. 

You need superstars and top level talent to compete. You can be a basketball guru all you want but trades have two sides and the other side has to be willing to make a deal.

THE ONLY THING THE HAWKS NEED IS A DEFENSE.. WAKE UP PEOPLE WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP

WE NEED A FREAKING DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Basketball people like Danny Ferry and Wes Wilcox and Schlenk?

Yep....keep going with all the names: front office instability at it's finest. Megastars won't want that. You've got to be willing to pay to have talent on your team. One injury or two and Garrison Mathews is starting?????

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep....keep going with all the names: front office instability at it's finest. Megastars won't want that. You've got to be willing to pay to have talent on your team. One injury or two and Garrison Mathews is starting?????

Garrison is your 11th man. But if JJ gets hurt, Bey moves into the starting lineup. Hunter is hurt, now Matthews moves into the starting lineup. Garrison as a 11th man isn't a problem. The problem is, you just lack wings. Hunter and Bey is pretty much it and Bey is not really a true wing and more of a tweener like JJ. A lot of teams have this issue at that position. Big wings are HARD to find and mainly get replaced in the lineup back bigger SGs. 

• Like 1

A couple guys I’d be interested in taking a flyer on for cheap that I think would add value to this team
Wings - Jalen McDaniels, for our trade exemption and a pair of seconds (not currently in the rotation in Toronto); Robert Covington (has beeen mentioned here); Reggie Bullock (at least can still hit a shot unlike Wes); Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (projection based on advanced stats). 

Bigs - Nic Claxton (I’d give up Capela for him straight up given he is about to be an expiring. Maybe throw in a FRP

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Big wings are HARD to find and mainly get replaced in the lineup back bigger SGs. 

Someday, and we hope that it's not too many eons away, M. Gueye will come off the injured list and become that tall wing that the Hawks need so badly.  I expect him to start out as the back-up to the 2nd string wing.  Not much playing time for a while.  Still, we have this player already and he fits your description.

:smug:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Look at the teams: The Knicks and the Lakers. You might as well be a full-blown rebuilding team next year when they are forced to trade Trae this summer like Brooklyn without any good assets. 

Trading Murray is going ten steps backward with no room to move forward. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To me, this just comes down the the Suns. If we can land Booker, that gives us a big two locked in for 4 more years. We can take silly swings and hope for home runs in that case. I already did a contender trade. This makes us and PHX contenders. 

Sign Lundy, Forrest, and a vet center or Kai Jones and call it a day. We stay under the LT for this year and Tony finally gotta pay the LT if it works and doesn't if it don't. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-26-2023_9-00-56AM.png

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To me, this just comes down the the Suns. If we can land Booker, that gives us a big two locked in for 4 more years. We can take silly swings and hope for home runs in that case. I already did a contender trade. This makes us and PHX contenders. 

Sign Lundy, Forrest, and a vet center or Kai Jones and call it a day. We stay under the LT for this year and Tony finally gotta pay the LT if it works and doesn't if it don't. 

That's not reality! Try again....actually, no don't.  

Tony ain never paying the Tax. That's a pipe dream.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

A 4 team, 15 player deal? Has that ever happened outside of 2k?

Happened often in the previous era. I was just doing a full moves deal. The only draft I really want combined is ATL/PHX/TOR. Makes us look like we being serious. ATL/WAS can be it's own deal. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

That's not reality! Try again....actually, no don't.  

Tony ain never paying the Tax. That's a pipe dream.

Tony ain't got no reason too. This team is going nowhere. He's not gonna pay the LT when we aren't anywhere close. 

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why are you so against trading Murray for Booker? Seems like you just want to get Trae off the team. 

That would make much more sense.  Trade whatever you want to get Booker and Trae together. 

Edit:  Also by your Logic, why would anybody give us anything of value for Trae if he can opt out in two years and demand a trade from that team? 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This shit works. It's all about Phoenix. They need a dynamic PG to run the offense. Steve Nash like mfer. Trae is that. It's all on them. Trae is a legit stud and so is Book. Book needs to be a 2 and Trae needs to be a 1 where he's not a #1 scoring option. He can just play his game around a top tier HOF in KD and a great scoring 2 in Beal when he's back.

Man, this shit just makes f***ing sense. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-26-2023_9-57-24AM.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why are you so against trading Murray for Booker? Seems like you just want to get Trae off the team. 

That would make much more sense.  Trade whatever you want to get Booker and Trae together. 

Come on bro. Seriously. No one wants to trade more than picks and meh mfers for Murray. We already know this. Look at what we traded for him. Picks and a meh mfer. 

Brodie trying to trade PS4 games for Spiderman 2 on the PS5 and wondering why no one is interested. Wouldn't it be better if we had Spiderman 2 and final fantasy 16 on the PS5 than Elder Scrolls on PS4 and final fantasy 16 on PS5? Yes, it would be but no one is doing that trade. You want Spiderman 2 on PS5, we need to bring final fantasy 16 on PS5. 

Edited by NBASupes