• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Take one for the team, come back and tell us how much trash they "think" we should take back for Murray.  Lemme guess, Russell and some garbage can lids? 

Thats about right.  Teams know the Hawks are desperate and not going to offer real deals, Imo.  What a colossal F up.  

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Teams that need to make a move ( Perk's segment )

• #5 Milwaukee - ( didn't hear the beginning )
  • #4 Atlanta - Perk:  They need to split up Trae and Murray, seeing that they're 6 games under .500
  • #3 LA Lakers - They need speed around the perimeter.
  • #2 Oklahoma City - Need to get bigger on the frontline, preferably a center to move Chet to the 4
  • #1 Golden St - Need to move Draymond or Klay . . break them up

Not even worth the tease that was shown at the beginning of the show.

Clint to OKC. They’re sitting on a ton of assets. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't mind moving Clint to OKC

JINX!

• Haha 3

Remind me again.  Why are we talking about trading Murray?  He's one of our best players, on a reasonable contract and he wants to be an Atlanta Hawk.  

I can understand trading any other Hawk.  Some more than others.  Whoever we hope to get in return for Murray will not be as good as Murray.  Count on this.  Bogie has also been prominently mentioned also.  Some say he can't play any defense.  Yet I see him steal the pass, dribble down the floor and score.  He's probably our best three-point man.  

Hawks need more size up front, so it's being said.  Fine.  Flush those players up front.  Find, and sign, some bigger players, either when you trade the present front court players or find cheap free agents.  G League is full of players.  Go fish.

When we have a decent backcourt, why tear it up to fix something else.  

:bb:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Remind me again.  Why are we talking about trading Murray?  He's one of our best players, on a reasonable contract and he wants to be an Atlanta Hawk.  

I can understand trading any other Hawk.  Some more than others.  Whoever we hope to get in return for Murray will not be as good as Murray.  Count on this.  Bogie has also been prominently mentioned also.  Some say he can't play any defense.  Yet I see him steal the pass, dribble down the floor and score.  He's probably our best three-point man.  

Hawks need more size up front, so it's being said.  Fine.  Flush those players up front.  Find, and sign, some bigger players, either when you trade the present front court players or find cheap free agents.  G League is full of players.  Go fish.

When we have a decent backcourt, why tear it up to fix something else.  

:bb:

No reason whatsoever. It's clear he's our only path to another star. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't mind moving Clint to OKC

They are a team that’s expressed interest. Don’t think they are willing to move any real picks for him and I think this is true for any team. 

Pretty wild how fast things change. On draft night they were gonna get the 20th pick for him and take cam whitmore but he kept falling and Houston decided to keep and make the pick 

• Like 2

The best option we have to build a contender is to trade Bey, Hunter, Bogi, Capela, Murray for a star SG and a star C that can shot the 3. Slide JJ to SF and OO to PF.

Possible SG targets:  I don’t like any, just Desmond Bane but I doubt Memphis trade him.

Possible C targets: KAT, Vucevic, Turner, JJJ, Porzingis

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Thats about right.  Teams know the Hawks are desperate and not going to offer real deals, Imo.  What a colossal F up.  

When Woj reported "the Hawks are ready to trade Dejounte Murray", someone in the organization should have publicly pushed back.  But, instead they just let that be the narrative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

The best option we have to build a contender is to trade Bey, Hunter, Bogi, Capela, Murray for a star SG and a star C that can shot the 3. Slide JJ to SF and OO to PF.

Possible SG targets:  I don’t like any, just Desmond Bane but I doubt Memphis trade him.

JJ is not a 3. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Teams that need to make a move ( Perk's segment )

•  
  • #2 Oklahoma City - Need to get bigger on the frontline, preferably a center to move Chet to the 4
  •  

this is silly.   Chet is the 5.  He's a perfect stretch 5 who can also drive to the lane with the ball and make plays.  Last thing they should do is clog up the middle.    They probably have the best downhill attack the basket player in the NBA in SGA plus JDub is great at driving the lane as well.  Same with Chet.

Only thing they need is more beef up front, but that should come from the 4 position and needs to be a 4 who can also shoot in order to keep the spacing in the lane they currently enjoy.

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

this is silly.   Chet is the 5.  He's a perfect stretch 5 who can also drive to the lane with the ball and make plays.  Last thing they should do is clog up the middle.    They probably have the best downhill attack the basket player in the NBA in SGA plus JDub is great at driving the lane as well.  Same with Chet.

Only thing they need is more beef up front, but that should come from the 4 position and needs to be a 4 who can also shoot in order to keep the spacing in the lane they currently enjoy.

He's struggling against size and they are having issues rebounding. The fact that Chet can stretch the floor means He's a great fit with Clint. 

If they want Clint, give up the LAC 1st. We aren't giving him away. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think hoping for a star SG and star C is too much to ask for.  I am hoping for one foundational piece to add to JJ and Trae out of the trades we make.  So we have three stars after the dust settles:  Trae, JJ, and Player X.  The rest of the team gets filled in around them (including people we didn't trade) and maybe trading someone lower on the totem pole than DM gets you a role player who fits neatly ala Kyle, Thabo, DMC, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

I think hoping for a star SG and star C is too much to ask for.  I am hoping for one foundational piece to add to JJ and Trae out of the trades we make.  So we have three stars after the dust settles:  Trae, JJ, and Player X.  The rest of the team gets filled in around them and maybe trading someone lower on the totem pole than DM gets you a role player who fits neatly ala Kyle, Thabo, DMC, etc. 

I wish we could push back JCs TPE another week. 

• Like 1

Now they finally get into it . . at the end of the show

• Bobby Marks trade proposal:  D. Russell - Hood-schifino - 2028 1st rd . . . for Dejounte

They all agree that it's a great trade for the Lakers, but bad for the Hawks.  But Perk agrees with it because of the 1st round pick and that money may come off the books if they do the deal.  Just on the surface, trading Dejounte for a pick and 2 other PGs, when we already have a young rookie combo guard, is an absolutely HORRIBLE deal.

D-Lo + JHS will make almost 23 mill combined next season . . IF . . Russell takes the 18.6 mill player option this summer.  If not, that's money coming off the books for the Hawks.  Considering that D-Lo only got a 2yr / 36m in his last deal, I don't see him rolling the dice and trying to get a larger contract in free agency.

The only upside from a deal like this, would be from a team salary perspective.  Which, unfortunately, might be right up Ressler's alley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1