• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

37 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Literally nothing real has surfaced and y’all been off the deep end for a minute

get the pitchforks out for everyone when not a single damn trade has been made lmao

And listening to these sorry azz rumors is enough to storm the...I mean send an angry letter. If this FO engages in any of the proposed dookie trades, they should be fired.  Pitchforks my arse, I'm talking heavy artillery! 

It's the Hawks fault the fans are expecting doom.  So get on the d@mn train and be pre-emptive.  When they exhibit a mere bit of competence like Jaybird said...I'll whine about something else.

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree but Atlanta is selling him as a star to others around the league.  

He has potential to be a star or even greater imo!

i just hate how it is nowadays in the league where they try to mistake potential for what that player is today!

it really irks me!

back in the day players had to prove it first before they were anointed!

now they get everything without proving ****!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm outraged cus I saw Landry at the game Wednesday and fist bumped him and said "I know you're working hard" and he said "yes sir" and from all the reports I've seen, he aint working hard

so you're mad at yourself?

Yeah I am too.... you shoulda pulled the 

giphy.gif 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I seriously question how much value you guys think DJM is worth. In what world is 3 assets in grimes and two firsts a bad package. You are not getting a better player than Murray back in a Murray deal. They aren't trying to win this season...stop trying to make trades with that objective in mind

I think folks thought KAT was coming stuck in their mind, which made no sense at all.   It is what it is.   

17 minutes ago, deester11 said:

And listening to these sorry azz rumors is enough to storm the...I mean send an angry letter. If this FO engages in any of the proposed dookie trades, they should be fired.  Pitchforks my arse, I'm talking heavy artillery! 

It's the Hawks fault the fans are expecting doom.  So get on the d@mn train and be pre-emptive.  When they exhibit a mere bit of competence like Jaybird said...I'll whine about something else.

We know how the Hawks organization is

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, warcore said:

no it ain't! You're smarter than this Dean!

I live in ny and I Watch the Knicks a lot(unfortunately)!

grimes is good man. 

hes just a casualty of thibs disdain/mistrust of young players and messing up their confidence.

Same as Thibs did with iQ and Rj!

tbh grimes is probably the most talented out of those former young Knicks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

You are even close to getting it. We don't need anymore players who want to be paid way more than its worth. If he wants to play in NY, he would have signed a 4/40 deal and NY wouldn't be shopping him. They are shopping him because he's delusional like Bey. 

They are shopping him because he doesn't fit and they have someone in the same role he would play in Donte...

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think folks thought KAT was coming stuck in their mind, which made no sense at all.   It is what it is.   

I don't think that's true...Minny for the first time are atop the standings, anyone thinking they're making a trade at the deadline is delusional.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They are shopping him because he doesn't fit and they have someone in the same role he would play in Donte...

This time last year he was untouchable for the Knicks, what happened.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am having a hard time responding to this because there is so much in here that is based incorrect assumptions.  I'll assume you are being serious and not trying to troll me and respond in kind.

We do know the average value from players picked at that point in the draft historically.  That is the best information on how to value those picks.  Pretending like the data says something different  is an approach a bad front office would take.  I hope the Hawks aren't going to lean into optimism and ignorance.

This suggests to me you might not understand the data.  I didn't take a worst case scenario.  I took above average scenarios.  A prior 82 game study found that 65% of players drafted with the #22 pick don't even make the rotation.  I picked players who had career results above the average results and were rotation players.  Your post says that I am taking a worst case scenario but that is not the case at all.  I am taking the data and then taking results that are above average.

This is trying my patience.  I expressly noted above that there are no guarantees and that there is volatility and variability with the actual results of picks.  Accusing me of saying that we are "guaranteed" anything is a bad faith response to my post.  The data takes into account both the hits and the failures.  As you somewhat note Travis Schlenk was an extreme outlier in terms of his ability to derive value from later picks.  An extreme outlier.  With a nod to Rick Pitino, Travis Schlenk isn't walking through that door and we don't have any evidence that Landry Fields can consistently and significantly outperform the historically norms for returns for these types of picks.  Again, the data  I posted reflects ALL players picked at that  point in the draft.  If you are counting on finding an All-Star with a pick in this range it could happen but you are betting on a low % outcome.

This is much more fair than that above notes.  But realize what you just said.  "Good teams buy low."  Dejounte Murray for lower value picks and Grimes is not buying low because we are paying a high price.  Buying low doesn't mean paying a lot for someone when their stock is down.  It means paying a low price for that player when their stock is down.

Also, bear in mind that White's performance in SA was a pretty good indicator for what he would do in Boston.  

White

SA 2020-21 15.4 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 3.5 APG, 0.7 SPG, 1.0 BPG

SA 2021-22  14.4 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 5.6 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.9 BPG

BOS 2023-24 15.9 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 4.9 APG, 1.1 SPG, 1.1 BPG

So you are counting on something very different happening with Grimes.  What are your Grimes projections in Atlanta that make Dejoune Murray for a couple late picks and Grimes a "buy low" for Atlanta?

Again you are assuming they are late picks. And like I said in the last message GRIMES IS NOT THE FOCAL PART OF THE TRADE. He just so happens to be a young piece they really like and want to move that is in the package.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This time last year he was untouchable for the Knicks, what happened.

They signed Donte Divicenzo. He made grimes expendable

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I want to hear rumors that Hawks aren't trading Dre for less than two unprotected 1st. Is that shit gonna happen, no but feel like they are letting teams know, ain't no sale in Atlanta. 

Letting these trash rumors fester is how you lose the support of your fanbase. ASG learned the hard way. 

An overpaid wing that hasn't stayed healthy once in his career has a value of two unprotected firsts in your mind? You guys are asking to be disappointed in these trades with these crazy valuations 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Im telling you guys literally what every agent and team is saying. CLINT HAS ZERO VALUE. A rim running center with awful touch who has lost a step defensively is not a good player. He is productive off Trae Young and not every team has a guy like that to make him good. He doesn't even catch lobs anymore.

Him being productive doesn't mean shit. He is not good and nobody values him like that. Stop using what you guys think a players value should be for what is actually being discussed. He is not valued by any team in the league. Zero

Clint is a great guy for backup...but we have no other center

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

An overpaid wing that hasn't stayed healthy once in his career has a value of two unprotected firsts in your mind? You guys are asking to be disappointed in these trades with these crazy valuations 

He is the first piece that needs to be traded