• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Still believe...

Diesel

• Premium Member
  1. There is nothing wrong with Trae and DJ. 
  2. JJ is a star in the making.
  3. We can still be competitive and possibly win the East. 

Here's the deal.  Much like the 60 win team, we are a force when everybody is healthy.   I believe that the team is starting to come around on the Quin offense.  We're doing things like swinging the ball until we get the best shot.  It's not all the time, but it was more time than a few tonight. 

With Bruno in and then watching Clint play, I saw one of the break downs on defense.

• When Clint plays, he definitely doubles the ball when he is on ball side.   It's a quick double and then he runs back to cover the goal.   I believe you can call it a flare out.    I watched Clint do it and I watched Bruno try to perform it today.  He did OK...  When OO does it, he stays on the double too long and leaves the middle wide open.   That's one of the problems. 
  • The other problem is On the switch...  Specifically with Bogi or Garrison... teams have dialed up that matchup knowing that the middle is theirs.   On a few occasions, Bogi didn't know where to go on the switch??  He just stayed in the same spot.   Bey suffers from this same thing a little.   The difference with Bey is that he tries to get to the right spot and usually ends up fouling. 
  • Offensively, Washington was trying to get a switch with their 2 or 3 on Trae.   When they did, Trae played good defense!!!

One other thing about todays game... well 2..

Helluva Block by Garrison!!!

Was it me or was Washington doing a lot of flopping... faking. 

The call for the hit to the eyes by Trae.  on the replay, I didn't see Trae anywhere near the eyes.   On the call on the screen by Bruno... come on man.  They also got Clint like that too.   A lot of out of work actors in Washington. 

Bottom Line... I still believe we can pull it together.   AND When Hunter gets back.. we will be even better. 

• Like 2

1 and 2 are true.

3.... we need Defense surrounding those guys.

DJM, JJ, Trae with an all defense caliber squad around them is cooking.

We have seem little to no defense added and some of our key "defenders" aren't even that great day-to-day. We need DOGS... and we need them BAD... no more footsies with Toronto.. We need some rim protection, perimeter defenders and ACTUAL REAL LIVE 3 and D wings.. not "baby kawhi"

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member

I'm also on "team believe."

There is nothing wrong with Trae and DJ.  JJ does look like a star in the making and if he is, then he's the answer to what people perceive is wrong with our offense.  I don't know if we can win the East, but the potential in JJ is a start.

I would only add that if JJ isn't going to be that player, then we have to find him - and not turn down an opportunity to bring him in if it's on the table.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All I'll say is....I want to believe, but they gotta show me. Fix the 4th quarter butt clench and Start winning games!

Hitting their FTs would have made that a non issue.

We missed like 7 FTs down the stretch.  That is what definitely has to be fixed. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

1 and 2 are true.

3.... we need Defense surrounding those guys.

DJM, JJ, Trae with an all defense caliber squad around them is cooking.

We have seem little to no defense added and some of our key "defenders" aren't even that great day-to-day. We need DOGS... and we need them BAD... no more footsies with Toronto.. We need some rim protection, perimeter defenders and ACTUAL REAL LIVE 3 and D wings.. not "baby kawhi"

Actually, we need better defense off the bench.   I think when Hunter gets back... he won't be woeful... or he will be better than Siddiq.   Siddiq makes up for his defensive miscues by rebounding like a mad man.   So I'm not so mad at him.. I just wish that our 2nd Unit would just get the basics of defense and stop ball watching.   To me, For OO, there's very little excuse.   He's here because of his defense.   He has to make it better.   I can't lie, I liked what I saw from Bruno, even though he made some mistakes.   His basics are there.   He plays defense with his feet.  He slides.   Trae, Bogi, and whoever else have to stop trying to take swipes at the ball once the ball handler has run past you.  Don't let them run past you.   Trae did have some good defensive plays today. I have to applaud him because he gets a lot of criticism.  Bogi... I just want him to focus on getting his shot working.   It's tough to watch our offense if the shots are not falling.  I have to say that that's by design.  We come down and put up threes.    That's our offensive game plan.  Hard to watch because I'm a ball swinging from left to right kind a guy... Pause....   But if the ball is moving around the court, it creates easy looks.  The transition three has never been something that I could love. 

Back to the point though.  Just tighten up the defense from the 2nd Unit and let's see what it gets us.   At this point, Bogi and Garrison should know where they are supposed to be on a switch.   We are just not tuned in on defense like we need to be. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm just now getting around to watching the Wiz game.  I've been high on Jalen since his SL debut...but after watching this game and the growing synergy between him and Trae, I'm starting to REALLY believe.  My Spidey-sense goes off every time I see those two start off on the break together.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm just now getting around to watching the Wiz game.  I've been high on Jalen since his SL debut...but after watching this game and the growing synergy between him and Trae, I'm starting to REALLY believe.  My Spidey-sense goes off every time I see those two start off on the break together.

I hope we don't screw the pooch by doing a stupid trade. 

Sometimes, Chemistry takes time.   I'm starting to see us getting some good chemistry together.   Most of the box score watchers here don't see the work and the good things our team does.   Most of the Luka apologist don't appreciate the fact that we have a superstar who makes his teammates better.  Most of the fans of draft night, don't recognize how good Murray is and how well he plays.   We just have to be patient and stop watching the game with Players height and weight being the main thing.  When Hunter comes back healthy, we will have a stronger team.  That should be a scary thought for the rest of the league. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm not really on the team believe.  Our depth is horrible and our clutch play is really bad.   It's been this way for a while now.  We thought Quin would fix it but he hasn't. 

I do believe we can be a playoff team if healthy but i also think we HAVE to add quality depth to be serious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

You sure that's your 'spider sense' tinglin', wr?

😲

kidding, kidding.  When I see them on the break, I just know something spectacular is finna go down. 

• Haha 2