• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Landry Fields on trade deadline 2024

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

This was a softball question.  Should have knocked that out of the park by saying the question was crazy and Trae is our star.  Should have emphatically made it clear that we have zero intention to trade Trae and value him tremendously.  And I say that even if he actually intends to shop Trae.  If you are keeping him, then pat your All-Star on the back and show him love.  If you are going to listen to offers for him, send a message through the media that he is not for sale and the price should be huge.

Tryna be too cute.  Fumbled all over himself.  All the other media people are saying we're trading the guy.  That response lent credence to those reports basically. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Should have knocked that out of the park by saying the question was crazy and Trae is our star. 

Agree.

I’m not mad at him for making a bad deal in any way whatsoever. I could be really pissed off at him for acquiring DLo and him being on our roster and DJ gone. He did the right thing.

Having said that I have a couple questions. 

1. What does “long term” mean? Like, is he playing chess ♟️, if so, this summer, next year? What the hell is long term damnit! 😐 

2. Nothing. It was just 1, but I don’t know, dude needs to step up to the plate when it’s time, whenever that may be, he waits too long though, he won’t be the one playing ♟️.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Tryna be too cute.  Fumbled all over himself.  All the other media people are saying we're trading the guy.  That response lent credence to those reports basically. 

I don’t like his head and that 🧢 on it, GET PROFESSIONAL HOE! My bad that got away from me. He looks like he’s waiting to bat ⚾️ in a little league game but the coach (us) don’t trust him. 😂 

It’s like LANDRY! YOU UP! NO, NOT YOU FIELDS, CARL LANDRY! 

{Fields sits back down and then goes for a pleasant lunch 🥗 at Stanford shopping 🛍️ center}..

😐 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's struggling with the PR element of this job way more than any previous GM I've seen in this role for the Hawks. 

He makes Wes Wilcox seem like a great speaker 🔈 😐 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Inexperience and trying to sound a specific way using too many buzzwords.

It’s like Lloyd Pierce. He was good but not as a head coach. Dang Landry seems like fake confident and that kinda scares me going into…

THE FUTURE… 

• Sad 2

@AHF would you saying I’ve been internally developing here as a contributor to squawk after 23 years? Sorry I’m in Landry mode..

What does the future look like for Spud i his organization. I wanna know you are fully developing me and utilizing my skills and all I have to offer… FOR THE FUTRE! 🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Inexperience and trying to sound a specific way using too many buzzwords.

It's clear, he doesn't like the Trae/Murray fit. It doesn't take but a minute to see that. 

His poker face is bad. To be frank, this is what I've heard is that Landry is way more open than other GMs for better or worse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1