• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Landry Fields on trade deadline 2024

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

@AHF would you saying I’ve been internally developing here as a contributor to squawk after 23 years? Sorry I’m in Landry mode..

What does the future look like for Spud i his organization. I wanna know you are fully developing me and utilizing my skills and all I have to offer… FOR THE FUTRE! 🏃‍♀️ 

You aren't a developmental player. -- We're feeding you starter minutes.  You keep adding skills over time and get all the play you need to keep growing.  

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Ownership and front office have a lot of work today in regaining fan confidence. This is what instability looks like.

If this was a developmental year for the young players then you needed better vets, not saying we're trying to avoid the playin.

Pick a side, any side and stay there.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's clear, he doesn't like the Trae/Murray fit. It doesn't take but a minute to see that. 

His poker face is bad. To be frank, this is what I've heard is that Landry is way more open than other GMs for better or worse. 

It is crazy if you want to trade Murray because you don't like their fit that you don't use this as a platform to try to set value for trades over the summer.  Talk them up individually and collectively.  What do you gain by these meandering answers?

Immaturity is all I can think of to describe it.  The media is a tool to shape public opinion and message to the rest of the league.  But Fields doesn't seem to see that at all.  He undermines himself and the team in the process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

You aren't a developmental player. -- We're feeding you starter minutes.  You keep adding skills over time and get all the play you need to keep growing.  

Thank you 🙏🏿 it all starts from the top 🔝 Kudos to the mods for handling me and keeping me active. Much 💗!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's clear, he doesn't like the Trae/Murray fit. It doesn't take but a minute to see that. 

His poker face is bad. To be frank, this is what I've heard is that Landry is way more open than other GMs for better or worse. 

That's fine if he doesn't, but you don't infer that to undermind your position. 

What an idiot!

• Like 1

He looks and talks like a working man.  No spit and polish.  Just honest answers.

Sure, he could have rehearsed all his answers and probably sounded more professional.  He's just trying to do his job.

Long term goal?  I hope so.  Hawks don't need to explode and burn.  Grow your own takes time and this is our only hope.  No one is going to give us anything.  Those big market teams don't even like us.  They just want us to give them our best players.

:smug:

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is crazy if you want to trade Murray because you don't like their fit that you don't use this as a platform to try to set value for trades over the summer.  Talk them up individually and collectively.  What do you gain by these meandering answers?

Immaturity is all I can think of to describe it.  The media is a tool to shape public opinion and message to the rest of the league.  But Fields doesn't seem to see that at all.  He undermines himself and the team in the process.

If I was hearing worse, i would share it but the back channels don't sound horrible for him as his PR skills or lack thereof is. 

I’m just thankful this isn’t 1992 and Landry at the helm he would definitely pick Adam Keefe for us no doubt Stanford Alumn thang.

I consider us lucky today. Glass half full 🥛 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Focus on internal development

Not interested in the buyout market

Translation: we aren't spending any more money this season because we aren't going anywhere. 

Aka Spud’s gonna meet a new Ashley avatar 🤦‍♀️ 

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Full interview here:

Seriously how did he go to Stanford. I mean basketball but he sounds like a confused dude.

At the 18 min mark some dude nailed him with a question he went on about bsing, then at the end, dude asked him if we have a fighting chance this year or are we playing for 2025 and he dodger that question 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

Seriously get Brad Holmes in here. Landry, Messy Ressy, lil Nicky are starting to stink like 🐟 that’s been layin in the 🌞 for days. 

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zach Klein

Was he dude at the end that said are you aiming for 2025? If so, heck ya! And also dude at 18 or so min mark asked his confidence level on the backcourt pairing of Trae and DJ and he never gave a concrete 1-10 rating but said numbers speak for themselves? 🤨 

Throughout the whole interview he kept saying “good question”… lol, that’s great that you recognize that but HOW BOUT A GOOD ANSWER TO THE QUESTION! 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 2